Tax to rise on zero-alcohol beer

webfact

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, webfact said:

adding that the higher tax rate will still be lower than that on beer.

Thai logic in action. But they can't raise the tax on real beer because the VVVVIPs who own the breweries and are among the richest of the rich in Thailand might have a word to say.

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

The Thai government is insolvent and looking for tax revenues EVERYWHERE

If the government would tax their absurdity, ignorance, and stupidity of their actions and inaction, Thailand would be a rich country.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The Finance Ministry plans to raise the excise tax rate on zero-alcohol beer, saying it would discourage people from start drinking.

In the UK a very long time ago they used to tell people to drink non-alcoholic beer, citing it was healthier and an alternative for nominated drivers.... then they taxed the <deleted> out of it.

Eventually the sales naturally fell through the floor... he should have a re-think!

Do they really think that anybody with even half a brain believes the reasoning behind these decisions!  And if that is what this minister really believes then perhaps he should consider an alternative career... perhaps stand-up comedy.  I have to wonder how some of these government ministers get put in these decision making positions, as they don't appear to have any ability for intelligent connected thinking!

5 hours ago, tifino said:

same as taxing soft drinks... the sugar

WRONG! 

Heineken 00 has 1.3% sugar (I'm looking at a bottle), one of the best/lowest rates.  Jever Fun (Ost-Friesland, Germany) has 0% sugar and even Lidl's new Perlembourg 0.0%, which I'm drinking right now, super-cheap and a great-tasting option, has 1.4% sugar.

I'm in liver-recovery and also diabetic and NA beer has dietary labelling here in Europe.

(Oh yeh.... and I'm "no longer a man" because I don't drink...)

3 hours ago, Bassosa said:

Figure this, my local 7-11 won't sell non-alcoholic beer between 2PM and 5PM.

TRUE.  Big C Pattaya Klang wouldn't let me into the section a few weeks ago.... well it does have "less than 0.03% alcohol"...

Archived