PM declines to talk about departure of one small party from the governing coalition

webfact

PM declines to talk about departure of one small party from the governing coalition

11919.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha this morning (Wednesday) covered one of his ears with his hand as he pretended not to hear a reporter’s question about the announcement yesterday that the Prachatham Thai party is to pull out of the government’s coalition.

Mr. Pichet Sathirachavan, leader of the small party, told the media yesterday that they had decided to break away from the coalition to join the independent opposition camp with the New Civilized party. He said his party is upset over a remark, allegedly made by Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao, the government’s fixer, describing the ten smallest parties in the government as “monkeys which need to be fed with bananas every now and then”.

The Prime Minister claimed he couldn’t hear the reporter’s question as he covered his ear. However, Energy Minister Sontirat Sontijirawong, in his capacity as secretary-general of the Palang Pracharat party, told the media that the party was trying to meet with Mr. Pichet to discuss the problem caused the offensive remark.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pm-declines-to-talk-about-departure-of-one-small-party-from-the-governing-coalition/

thaipbs.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister claimed he couldn’t hear the reporter’s question as he covered his ear.

I have a slight hearing problem. So like the PM (no other likenesses exist), I can just tell my lady, "oh sorry dear, I guess I didn't hear you".

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister claimed he couldn’t hear the reporter’s question as he covered his ear.

Is he becoming more creative with the buillsh!t excuses? Usually it's 'national security' as a reason not to answer a question. That, or to threaten women with a 'punch in the mouth'.

14 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Let there be more parties to leave and the fun begin.

But when you have a convicted drug smuggler as the man keeping them in line it might not be so easy!

And maybe the quote below was taken from his mantra back in those days:

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“monkeys which need to be fed with bananas every now and then”.

17 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Let there be more parties to leave and the fun begin.

This is only the first one to leave. From a molehill does a mountain grow.

Prayut may come to regret his "fixer" druggie jailbird Minister disrespectfully slagging off at the small parties he depends on for support.

But if the worst comes to worst he can just offer the small parties spaces closer to the deepest part of the trough. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Pichet Sathirachavan, leader of the small party, told the media yesterday that they had decided to break away from the coalition to join the independent opposition camp with the New Civilized party. He said his party is upset over a remark, allegedly made by Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao, the government’s fixer, describing the ten smallest parties in the government as “monkeys which need to be fed with bananas every now and then”.

A remark that will come to haunt the leadership.... PM didn't want to say anything as he didn't want to escalate an already tricky situation.... 

Reminds me or the "Ratner" saying.... 

On 9/12/2019 at 3:52 AM, webfact said:

Deputy Agriculture Minister Thammanat Prompao, the government’s fixer, describing the ten smallest parties in the government as “monkeys which need to be fed with bananas every now and then”.

isn't he the ""crooked"" one that was in Aussie jail..... he should keep it shut or (s...) flies will go in

The only source for those bananas is drug trade. 

There are documented multiple testimonies (including in the parliamentary debates) from parliamentarians being offered 120mln before and even after the election.

There is no chance that many billions, possibly tens of billions, were legitimate. They are black market money.

Agricultural minister is handling all transaction, on behalf of the PM.

A reference book to thai politics for the last 60 years

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060129018/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_88NDDbQRGBC7A?fbclid=IwAR3dgDJjcuus7oxdpg6_quuxuaMLbpeNwrLsn_RK_uXDedM3guEF7tM4LBY

On 9/12/2019 at 3:52 AM, webfact said:

describing the ten smallest parties in the government as “monkeys which need to be fed with bananas every now and then”.

How about the ten weakest junkies still need to be spoon fed their morphine now and then.
Or is that a bit too close to the bone for an ex heroin dealer and importer?

33 minutes ago, londonthai said:

The only source for those bananas is drug trade. 

There are documented multiple testimonies (including in the parliamentary debates) from parliamentarians being offered 120mln before and even after the election.

There is no chance that many billions, possibly tens of billions, were legitimate. They are black market money.

Agricultural minister is handling all transaction, on behalf of the PM.

A reference book to thai politics for the last 60 years

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060129018/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_88NDDbQRGBC7A?fbclid=IwAR3dgDJjcuus7oxdpg6_quuxuaMLbpeNwrLsn_RK_uXDedM3guEF7tM4LBY

Post WW II, the generals have been stuffing their pockets with anything and everything going.

Teak, forest encroachment and theft, oil, ganga, heroin, opium, meth, guns, gamblingprostitution, human trafficking.

The list is endless.

The possibilities are endless.

It is a SE Asian mafia in the uniform of the armed forces.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guns-Girls-Gambling-Ganja-Thailands/dp/9747100754

Archived