Serving police officer arrested with 198,000 meth pills in his luggage on a bus in Chiang Rai province

webfact

Serving police officer arrested with 198,000 meth pills in his luggage on a bus in Chiang Rai province

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM75QAfS2kC8smEZvzCOoKS92U

A police investigative inspector in the central Thai province of Uthai Thani has been arrested by police in Mae Sai district of the northern province of Chiang Rai after almost 200,000 methamphetamine tablets were found in his luggage on a Bangkok-bound bus.

Mae Sai district policemen, manning a checkpoint in Tambon Pong-Ngam, stopped a Nakhonchai Tour company bus, bound for Bangkok from Mae Sai, for a routine check.

The officers found a locked case the luggage rack adjacent to seat No 1A, occupied by Pol Lt-Col Surachit Thavuth, and asked him to open the bag for inspection.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/serving-police-officer-arrested-with-198000-meth-pills-in-his-luggage-on-a-bus-in-chiang-rai-province/

thaipbs.jpg

1 minute ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

After his arrest, it is reported that Surachit was temporarily suspended from duty and a disciplinary committee has been set up to deal with the matter ?

Temporarily suspended ?

More committees?

Just fire him and put him in jail!

Or elevate him to DPM! Or better still...Justice Minister!

7 hours ago, webfact said:

A police investigative inspector in the central Thai province of Uthai Thani has been arrested by police in Mae Sai district of the northern province of Chiang Rai after almost 200,000 methamphetamine tablets were found in his luggage on a Bangkok-bound bus

Topping up his pension fund no doubt?

Kratom leaves the other day... how many serving officers operate both sides of the law I wonder?

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Topping up his pension fund no doubt?

Kratom leaves the other day... how many serving officers operate both sides of the law I wonder?

This is much bigger than one man this involves a whole crew and the profits are to much for one man to spend / hide on his own this is a big operation possibly 20 or more involved as it involves import and distribution

They have a whole line set up he was doing delivery I expect to the northern contact who would then distribute to his dealers who all have been given immunity just unlucky for him he got caught in transit

This is a big operation no mom and pop deal - this could involve many counties and been running for decades

13 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

And the cops are criminals, Sympathy For The Devil, the Stones. 

And where is his mug picture normaly they take pictures of any idiot who has the smallest amount of any drug and his face is all over Thailand but not this guy 

On 9/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, terminatorchiangmai said:

After his arrest, it is reported that Surachit was temporarily suspended from duty and a disciplinary committee has been set up to deal with the matter ?

Temporarily suspended ?

More committees?

Just fire him and put him in jail!

Surely due process should occur, suspension, investigation court trial and then the rest happens

On 9/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, MartiniMan said:

This is much bigger than one man this involves a whole crew and the profits are to much for one man to spend / hide on his own this is a big operation possibly 20 or more involved as it involves import and distribution

They have a whole line set up he was doing delivery I expect to the northern contact who would then distribute to his dealers who all have been given immunity just unlucky for him he got caught in transit

This is a big operation no mom and pop deal - this could involve many counties and been running for decades

Why travel by bus? Why not train or private car?

198,000.  Hmmm. Seems like and odd number and one would expect packaging to be more precise, say 200,000.  Maybe he was skimming from the top about 2,000 pills for his own extra profit.  Would love to know the details of who he was working with or being a courier for.  cop to cop involvement?

On 9/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, duchie said:

And where is his mug picture normaly they take pictures of any idiot who has the smallest amount of any drug and his face is all over Thailand but not this guy 

I am not sure I can give the link, so I abstain but who seeks finds.

Pol Lt-Col Surachit Thavuth, .png

Archived