UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You stated they started from a bumper sticker in the USA after the 9/11 atrocity,more lies from the project fear camp?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43618108/ns/us_news/t/post--security-blanket-wounded-nation/#.XXmobmbTW00

Possibly much older but certainly originated in the US. Popularised post 9/11.

BTW. What on earth has "these colours don't run" got to do with "project fear" or are you just clutching at straws for your straw man arguments.

9 minutes ago, wombat said:

meanwhile, the reality is...

You would have thought that Johnson and his government would have spoken with this guy before producing the Yellowhammer document.

Now its either crass incompetence and fear mongering by Bojo the clown or this guy is talking nonsense. 

Hmmmm at this point its difficult to decide which. 

55 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

How cheap and predictable trying to link iQ with having a democratic vote and opinion in life. May it be that they have more confidence, believe and are fed up with being a cash cow for the EU with freeloaders taking advantage.

Or that they are fed up with the federalisation of Europe. Also they have greater vision. To say there is no upside to leaving the EU (Brexit) shows hows limited your IQ is. How do the USA. China, India Australia, Japan, and all the others cope with not being in the EU.

Please don't say you have university degree so that makes me more intelligent. It has been done to death and proven to be like your argument here, worthless.

Lets say you have a working car. And then this dealer comes and tells you that you can have a big car for the same money. It will be faster, more comfortable and it will need less fuel. You think great, I want that.

But then you think about it again and look closer at the car which the dealer wants to sell you. And you find out it will be a real hassle. From far away it looks ok but on a closer look it has lots of problems which you didn't notice first.

Now, would you still buy that big car which you dreamed about would be so great? Or do you look at the facts and think again that maybe your first impression was wrong and maybe your current car is still the better alternative?

Obviously cars and countries are not comparable but I am sure you understand the idea.

The USA and China are a lot bigger than the UK. That makes a BIG difference. And all these countries were never part of the EU so they don't have to redo what the EU did over the last decades. I.e. all those trade deals from the EU with other countries don't exist anymore when the UK leaves the EU. They have to do all those trade deals again. And now the little UK asks for a trade deal and not anymore the big EU. Do you spot the difference?

Intelligence has nothing to do with having a university degree.

Personally I think about a person as intelligent if he or she is able to look at data, check if this data is correct, analyze it, and then make decisions based on the facts. Highly intelligent people do this faster than average intelligent people. And intellectually challenged people don't even understand the problem.

So for Brexiters I see two options: Maybe they are average intelligent and it takes them a little longer to understand that the politicians lied to them and promised the impossible. Or maybe they are just plain stupid and don't realize the problems, even if they are presented to them. 

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Or more likely his earliest recollection of its use was as a bumper sticker after 9/11.

The fact it has since been hijacked by the far right as he points out is not wrong though.

I think I made initial reference to it being a far right thing wether dc was being sarcastic in its usage in a speech on how patriotic " remain " are who knows,just because it's been hijacked by the extreme right,do.'es not make it racist.

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43618108/ns/us_news/t/post--security-blanket-wounded-nation/#.XXmobmbTW00

BTW. What on earth has "these colours don't run" got to do with "project fear" or are you just clutching at straws for your straw man arguments.

No you used it as a cheap shot to try and discredit believers in democracy,like your references to football hooliganism.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lets say you have a working car. And then this dealer comes and tells you that you can have a big car for the same money. It will be faster, more comfortable and it will need less fuel. You think great, I want that.

But then you think about it again and look closer at the car which the dealer wants to sell you. And you find out it will be a real hassle. From far away it looks ok but on a closer look it has lots of problems which you didn't notice first.

Now, would you still buy that big car which you dreamed about would be so great? Or do you look at the facts and think again that maybe your first impression was wrong and maybe your current car is still the better alternative?

Obviously cars and countries are not comparable but I am sure you understand the idea.

The USA and China are a lot bigger than the UK. That makes a BIG difference. And all these countries were never part of the EU so they don't have to redo what the EU did over the last decades. I.e. all those trade deals from the EU with other countries don't exist anymore when the UK leaves the EU. They have to do all those trade deals again. And now the little UK asks for a trade deal and not anymore the big EU. Do you spot the difference?

Intelligence has nothing to do with having a university degree.

Personally I think about a person as intelligent if he or she is able to look at data, check if this data is correct, analyze it, and then make decisions based on the facts. Highly intelligent people do this faster than average intelligent people. And intellectually challenged people don't even understand the problem.

So for Brexiters I see two options: Maybe they are average intelligent and it takes them a little longer to understand that the politicians lied to them and promised the impossible. Or maybe they are just plain stupid and don't realize the problems, even if they are presented to them. 

Well not that it matters I have a very high IQ, more than enough degrees than most and postgraduate degrees. This has nothing at all for someone to objectively decide if they want to leave the EU. You have a different opinion to mine. Are you more or less intelligent than me, who cares. Do you want to stoop democracy, yes as your continued posts suggest.

Your car analogy doesn't do it for me.

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I think I made initial reference to it being a far right thing wether dc was being sarcastic in its usage in a speech on how patriotic " remain " are who knows,just because it's been hijacked by the extreme right,do.'es not make it racist.

Problem is the connotations of wearing it now.

Anyway I think we are getting seriously off topic now.

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Possibly much older but originated in the usa? How could it " originate" in the USA but possibly be much older,?what a contradiction,by the way did you serve?

15 minutes ago, kingdong said:

And it doesn't illigitamise my use of the phrase. It means in a general context, "We're British, we don't run from a fight". Same as other phrases I used, such as "Better to stay and fight, than run and hide" and "It's better to be inside the tent, peeing out than outside the tent peeing in".

All used to illustrate that it's remainers who are the real patriots and can hold their heads up and call themselves British, whereas Brexiteers are the cowards who run away from a fight.

Better to stay in the EU and fight for our rights than to run away from the EU and abrogate the rights that we have already won.

Maggie Thatcher would be thoroughly ashamed of you spineless Brexiteers.

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you believe the predictions that were made about voting to leave? Not actually leaving, voting to leave. Tell the truth, did you believe them?

Because those predictions have now been proved completely wrong. We now see the reality that have proved those predictions to be factually wrong. So using your logic, the people who made them were stupid. And if you believed them you are also stupid. These are for the most part the same people predicting armageddon when we actually leave. So why should we believe them? 

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/09/brexit-is-already-changing-the-british-economy-for-the-better/

All big BS; wondering who will provide the EU with consumer goods like beers, "after eight chocolates" etc. and the European car scene is interwoven in such a way, that neither the UK nor the EU business society wants Brussels to touch anything. 

EU is losing power and lots of steam - and they dont like it. Likewise some UK politicians see their prewarmed little seats gone once UK is out of the EU - and their own personal welfare and well-being is above anything else ???? 

Brexit figures.JPG

1 minute ago, Sydebolle said:

All big BS; wondering who will provide the EU with consumer goods like beers, "after eight chocolates" etc. and the European car scene is interwoven in such a way, that neither the UK nor the EU business society wants Brussels to touch anything. 

EU is losing power and lots of steam - and they dont like it. Likewise some UK politicians see their prewarmed little seats gone once UK is out of the EU - and their own personal welfare and well-being is above anything else ???? 

Brexit figures.JPG

So...project fear then?

If this had been produced by a 'bunch of renegade remainers' it would have been immediately labelled 'project fear'. But it's not! Just how scary can this get?

What a mess this government has got my country into.

Bring on the second referendum quickly, before the riots start!

1 minute ago, wilcopops said:

It appears faced with reality Brexiteers get even more desperate and entrenched.

When Brexit finally fails, what will they do?

What reality? It's a prediction. 

Here is reality. 

https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-and-announcements--/recession-fears-ease-as-uk-gdp-beats-expectations-in-july--7003393.html

We did fine after a vote to leave, despite the doomsday predictions. We've done fine through 3 years of uncertainty caused by Remaniacs being unable to accept the result of the democratic vote. We'll do fine after we leave.

Project Fear is failing. It seems Brexiteers are smarter than you think, certainly smart enough to see through all the lies and doomsday predictions.

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

If this had been produced by a 'bunch of renegade remainers' it would have been immediately labelled 'project fear'. But it's not! Just how scary can this get?

Not scary at all. Project Yellowsnow was produced by a Pro Remain civil service. No need to get hysterical. 

33 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

What reality? It's a prediction. 

Here is reality. 

https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-and-announcements--/recession-fears-ease-as-uk-gdp-beats-expectations-in-july--7003393.html

We did fine after a vote to leave, despite the doomsday predictions. We've done fine through 3 years of uncertainty caused by Remaniacs being unable to accept the result of the democratic vote. We'll do fine after we leave.

Project Fear is failing. It seems Brexiteers are smarter than you think, certainly smart enough to see through all the lies and doomsday predictions.

I didn't do fine since the referendum, quite the opposite. With sterling tanking over the last few years Brexit has resulted in me 'watching my pennies'.  And I expect so do many other retirees. 

And for god's sake, read what democracy is in relation to the UK. A bunch of leavers demanding the government and those who voted remain heed the referendum vote is hardly democratic - BECAUSE only parliament can DECIDE what's best for Britain.

However, it is clear that Brexit must be resolved sooner rather than later, but NOT by invoking a 'no-deal' to achieve that. IMO, a compromise deal must be the best agreed action MPs could take. It won't be what's best for Britain but it's not the worst - whether any government could manage the repercussions, from what I've experienced, is debatable.  

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

If I had a £ for every time I've posted a repost to Brexiteer nonsense, proving it wrong and recieved a reply of one line of rhetorical garbage (misspelt and devoid of any of the rules of grammar), only proving that they have no answer to my argument, I'd be a rich man!

That's because you never actually prove zip. So a pauper you must stay. 

Archived