UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Missouri University  WOW     now that cow dunged state has got its feeble claws into Brexit, shine a light  lol,  Even Trump avoids the state,likened to the backside of the moon

Trump probably avoids Missouri because they are to intelligent to vote for him.

59 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

The UK is leaving the EU in 6 weeks,just concentrate on that.  Yes getting bitter and twisted is unfortunate,no problem,keep taking the pill

Oh no, we're not !

7 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I didn't do fine since the referendum, quite the opposite. With sterling tanking over the last few years Brexit has resulted in me 'watching my pennies'.  - BECAUSE only parliament can DECIDE what's best for Britain.

Reason the pound started tanking was Gordon Brown devalued the pound in 2008 to bail out his banking buddies in the city,then Cameron ( who was terrified of ukip) decided to have a binding referendum which he lost,rather flies in the face of your last point.sorry to hear about your financial circumstances,let's all hope you have a country to come back to.

The reacted bit from Yellowhammer - brought to you by the Brexit wreckers - cos Leave means wreck GB  - thank god they have been stymied for the time being by the Rebel Alliance. 

Oil: This paragraph was redacted in the official report but a copy of Yellowhammer was leaked to the Times recently which reported its contents. It said EU tariffs will make petrol exports uncompetitive. The British government's policy of setting petrol import tariffs at 0 per cent will lead to the closure of two UK refineries and the loss of 2,000 jobs. Strike action over job losses is expected to lead to up to two weeks of fuel shortages in the regions supplied by those refineries.

1 hour ago, zorrow424 said:

The UK is leaving the EU in 6 weeks,just concentrate on

1 hour ago, wilcopops said:

What will you do when the UK doesn't leave?

elect a government who,'ll take us out.Boris offered a general election and remain(despite all their ranting about democracy and let the people vote) bottled it

2 hours ago, Forethat said:

I think you're missing my point completely (most likely deliberately).

Let me put it to you this way:

Where do I find information regarding the directives and regulations that EU will introduce during the current and next three EU mandate periods?

That's the way it starts

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/eu-strategic-agenda-2019-2024/

2 hours ago, Forethat said:

As opposed to remaining in the EU with its clear and publicly available agenda? Last time I checked not ONE of the 50,000+ EU laws imposed on the UK since 1990 has been announced in advance.

But hey ho, why don't cross your fingers, close your eyes and hope for the best...!

That'll be the EU laws that were simply cut and pasted into English law after the referendum then.  The difference between us is that I am happy being part of the EU.  Always been good for me and my business.  I love the borderless travel and the regulations work fine for me.  No idea what this "sovereignty" is that people bang on about.  I don't think they do either.  It was just a slogan they latched onto.

The EU has many faults but all such clubs have that.  There are 28 countries that they have to try and satisfy and that is never going to happen. The UK have always been a major player and have been integral in the development of the EU over the years and selecting which bit's it wants to adopt and rejecting those it doesn't.  The obvious being Schengen and the Euro.

11 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The reacted bit from Yellowhammer - brought to you by the Brexit wreckers - cos Leave means wreck GB  - thank god they have been stymied for the time being by the Rebel Alliance. 

Oil: This paragraph was redacted in the official report but a copy of Yellowhammer was leaked to the Times recently which reported its contents. It said EU tariffs will make petrol exports uncompetitive. The British government's policy of setting petrol import tariffs at 0 per cent will lead to the closure of two UK refineries and the loss of 2,000 jobs. Strike action over job losses is expected to lead to up to two weeks of fuel shortages in the regions supplied by those refineries.

So it's the European union tariffs that will make petrol exports uncompetitive? Nothing to do with the FACT that all western countries are bringing out legislation to ban petroleum powered vehicles? 

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

So it's the European union tariffs that will make petrol exports uncompetitive? Nothing to do with the FACT that all western countries are bringing out legislation to ban petroleum powered vehicles? 

They are of course obliged  to leave those tariffs on us by WTO rules once we leave the customs union, but hay ho diesel.....  

1 hour ago, zorrow424 said:

In whos favour exactly?  No hatred from me,nothing from general population of UK,only the disillusioned ones,the non-believers if you like     OCTOBER 31 is D Day,always has and will be,6 more weeks then freedom,feels good

And you seriously don't believe the government warning ngs in Yellowhammer?

Id also like to hear how you will be able to categorise or experience these new freedoms you mention

4 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

And you seriously don't believe the government warning ngs in Yellowhammer?

Id also like to hear how you will be able to categorise or experience these new freedoms you mention

..and just how do you yourself know of anything different?  Go on tell?

11 hours ago, Estrada said:

63% did not vote to leave.

57101686_2410267482340314_3374896322359328768_n.jpg

Nice pie chart.

Of course if you were honest you would chuck out the 20% who couldn't be bothered to vote even though they had the opportunity. They could have voted for Leave or Remain and had the opportunity to do so.

Does the 28% include babies, school children, prisoners in jail (I am not sure if they allowed a vote), people in lunatic asylums (the HoC is definitely included here).

That takes us back to the other side of the chart where 25% voted to remain and 27% to leave.

@Estrada  Do you have the link or reference as to where the pie chart came from and what the ToR were about? I am curious as to how the figures were arrived at.

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

How cheap and predictable trying to link iQ with having a democratic vote and opinion in life. May it be that they have more confidence, believe and are fed up with being a cash cow for the EU with freeloaders taking advantage.

Or that they are fed up with the federalisation of Europe. Also they have greater vision. To say there is no upside to leaving the EU (Brexit) shows hows limited your IQ is. How do the USA. China, India Australia, Japan, and all the others cope with not being in the EU.

Please don't say you have university degree so that makes me more intelligent. It has been done to death and proven to be like your argument here, worthless.

But But you like me are Leavers as are many others on TVF.

We are all members of the 'fick as group.

We should be cowering in fear at the mighty power of our superior Remainers self important intelligence and superiority.

48 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I am actually beginning to think you're right - the wheels of democracy might have to revolve one more time before we get there.

No,no more please.

Played this game far too long,we are out without a doubt. The Scottish court can be ignored for what it is  ,pile of <deleted>,just sit back enjoy the new freedom that is about to happen,no more EU,but the EU are in for troubled times for sure

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Reason the pound started tanking was Gordon Brown devalued the pound in 2008 to bail out his banking buddies in the city,then Cameron ( who was terrified of ukip) decided to have a binding referendum which he lost,rather flies in the face of your last point.sorry to hear about your financial circumstances,let's all hope you have a country to come back to.

The referendum was nether binding...

Archived