UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Irish? 555.

"Brexit in original form was addressing mass immigration"

For racist xenophobes who soaked up Dominic Cummings' propoganda, yes.

"Whole areas of Northern England have been taken over by a culture that is totally alien to any feature that was recognised"

So that would be Moslems, in the North of England, primarily Pakistanis. More racist xenophobia.

"Now we see boatloads crossing the English channel,not from countries effected by torture,but Philippines,Vietnam,Pakistan"

Just Google "nationalities migrating via Calais" and you will see what nonsense that is. Just racist xenophobia.

"Asia Bibi, should be so grateful of her Canadian escape planning"

Asia Bibi was Pakistani (you've really got a thing about Pakistanis, haven't you?) and nothing to do with Brexit. Just more racist rhetoric.

"Universal Credit/Pension Credit for sure are having an effect,but that wants throttling back to control immigration ,that was what Brexit was all about,if dealing or none,so be it"

It was. Cameron had a meeting with Donald Tusk in 2014 where they agreed that the UK could throttle back benefits for EU citizens for the next 7 years.

"Now these "brown people" came lastly from the EU,trekking for no other reason through EU countries than that free money was more easily available in UK."

It's a very small minority of migrants to the UK that enter via this route and, in no way be prevented by Brexit. Some fear that it would increase as we would recieve less co-operation from the French authorities to stem this flow.

"racist rhetoric"    If that makes the flow of illegal (economic) asylum seekers,so be it,not wanted,never will be,that is what the referendum was all about,getting shut.

Cameron had no idea,the million or so Merkel took in had absolutely no desire to remain in Germany,all wanted UK ,until Germany put its foot down and their welfare payments were threatened.

Put it this way if Brexit was in two halves,one for banning immigration,one for dealing,Id say the first one would be massively over subscribed ,the second ?

14 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

May's deal honoured the referendum vote of LEAVE the EU. Too bad if you didn't like it. Go and complain to your MP.

Yep, Brexiters can't have it both ways... 

Can't say that the Referendum was just Leave or Remain when countering the Remain point about nobody voting to leave with No-Deal

Then in the next breath say that May's Deal was Brexit in Name Only as nobody voted on what Leave actually meant (Leave means Leave - May's deal would have met the criteria of the UK leaving the EU as stated in the referendum question)

IMHO, neither are/were in the best interests of the UK and so a 2nd referendum should be held to find out what people really want.

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Yep, Brexiters can't have it both ways... 

Can't say that the Referendum was just Leave or Remain when countering the Remain point about nobody voting to leave with No-Deal

Then in the next breath say that May's Deal was Brexit in Name Only as nobody voted on what Leave actually meant (Leave means Leave - May's deal would have met the criteria of the UK leaving the EU as stated in the referendum question)

IMHO, neither are/were in the best interests of the UK and so a 2nd referendum should be held to find out what people really want.

To be honest you sound like another irish.  Now eire is the whipping boy here I admit,but the backstop has been a boon,a complete boon to the leavers,could not have been a better reason,a better implement for the leavers The irish invented it,now attempting to talk their way out of it.

No second referendum,or third or fourth. Referendum has been run and about to be implemented  ps I hope Boris bridge never gets built,try tunnelling to St Malo,that would be a good idea

15 hours ago, kingdong said:

Reason the pound started tanking was Gordon Brown devalued the pound in 2008 to bail out his banking buddies in the city,then Cameron ( who was terrified of ukip) decided to have a binding referendum which he lost,rather flies in the face of your last point.sorry to hear about your financial circumstances,let's all hope you have a country to come back to.

Can you and others please stop writing nonsense? There are no devaluations of currencies if free floating, like the Pound. " With the breakdown of the Bretton Woods system, the pound floated from August 1971 onwards. At first, it appreciated a little, rising to almost $2.65 in March 1972 from $2.42, the upper bound of the band in which it had been fixed. The sterling area effectively ended at this time, when the majority of its members also chose to float freely against the pound and the dollar. "

From Wikipedia

24 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Can you show the evidence for that or are you talking a load of rollocks.

So those people that died you know voted Brexit. How?

Those who are coming of age of 18 you know would vote Remain. :coffee1:

I will save you the time, you are making it up. Fake news,

The purpose of making a response -politely -is to provide facts to disprove the poster's statements, as I could state exactly the same about your response, which is just as much talking a load of rollocks.

If you focus on reading up on the topic there are 2016 public records of voters preferences by constituency, and indications where even you could discern - if not already available - by e.g. age groups. 

Similarly if you could be bothered to read current news, you'll discover that a young movement is in place to reject brexit countrywide - and yesterday students at Balliol college  - that johnson attended - are lobbying the college to prevent him from ever returning, plus losing out on any ex-college privileges.  So guess what they're going to vote for on another referendum?

Don't bother to reply...

35 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

To be honest you sound like another irish.  Now eire is the whipping boy here I admit,but the backstop has been a boon,a complete boon to the leavers,could not have been a better reason,a better implement for the leavers The irish invented it,now attempting to talk their way out of it.

No second referendum,or third or fourth. Referendum has been run and about to be implemented  ps I hope Boris bridge never gets built,try tunnelling to St Malo,that would be a good idea

Nope, I'm as English as they come, from Warrington to be exact, born & bred there as were all my family (on both sides) for as far back as I know

The referendum has been run, Leave won, May's deal would honour the result so I take it you'd be happy to leave on the terms of that agreement then. 

Edit to add: I'm sure most people already know this, but seeing as you have a thing for all things Irish, one of the things that my town is most (in)famous for is the IRA Bombing attacks that killed 2 young kids and help fuel the backlash against the IRA which led to the GFA....  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bombings 

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Nope, I'm as English as they come, from Warrington to be exact, born & bred there as were all my family (on both sides) for as far back as I know

The referendum has been run, Leave won, May's deal would honour the result so I take it you'd be happy to leave on the terms of that agreement then. 

May did not make a conclusive "deal" only her options to put before parliament,defeated,now 47 days to go      

47 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

"racist rhetoric"    If that makes the flow of illegal (economic) asylum seekers,so be it,not wanted,never will be,that is what the referendum was all about,getting shut.

Cameron had no idea,the million or so Merkel took in had absolutely no desire to remain in Germany,all wanted UK ,until Germany put its foot down and their welfare payments were threatened.

Put it this way if Brexit was in two halves,one for banning immigration,one for dealing,Id say the first one would be massively over subscribed ,the second ?

You don't seem to realise that the UK has always been in control over immigration. Even at today, there is no right for any john, <deleted> or harry to enter the UK if Immigration so decide. Not even for free movement of people - it's a complete fallacy that leavers don't realise that they have been misled. 

4 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

May did not make a conclusive "deal" only her options to put before parliament,defeated,now 47 days to go      

May did make a deal, Parliament rejected it... That's a large part of the reason the EU doesn't want to make another deal as they have no confidence that it won't get rejected again.

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

You don't seem to realise that the UK has always been in control over immigration. Even at today, there is no right for any john, <deleted> or harry to enter the UK if Immigration so decide. Not even for free movement of people - it's a complete fallacy that leavers don't realise that they have been misled. 

Garbage,like this up to 100,000  Indians  (goans)last few years have applied and received Portuguese passports. Now those Portuguese passports have not been used for likes of living in Portugal, but for UK.   "Happy and content" is a phrase used by them there in Swindon.  anyway their wagons are circling,must have had letter from UK authorities that they must go .I could go on about Dutch passport holders from the likes of Mozambique 1000s of 'em  all around Lincolnshire  where the highest Brexit vote was taken  ....are you irish by any chance?

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Brexit in original form was addressing mass immigration,this has got confused with deals/no deals,Brexit needs to happen urgently.  Whole areas of northern England have been taken over by a culture that is totally alien to any feature that was recognised just a few decades before..that was the reasoning for the Brexit. 

The horrific side of Brexitism?

9 hours ago, Forethat said:

In case you're interested, I suggest the Financial Stability Report and Record issued by the Financial Policy Committee (FPC) of the Bank of England. Here's a llnk:

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/financial-stability-report/2019/july-2019.pdf

"The UK banking system remains strong enough to continue to lend through the wide range of UK economic and financial shocks that could be associated with Brexit."

Would the "drivel" you refer to be the drivel published by the boys who knows what they're talking about...?

Good grief that was toe curlingly embarrassing! 

Quoting a BofE report that has to say that to avoid a run on the banks and the pound. How naive are you ? 

So the BofE BOSS (unless that’s you of course) - Mark Carney on a DAILY basis tells us what a crock of <deleted> Brexit is, does he know what he’s talking about ? Does he not invite you to the meetings ??

The least you can do is fire off an internal mail demanding he stops undermining your expertise at every turn. 

I refer you you to my earlier mention of drivel. 

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No way the French veto the extension. They're talking tough, puffing their chest out and doing their best to play Bad Cop. In the end they will give in to the other EU nations demands and grant the extension.

Sad to say but I have to agree with that - the EU have consistently kept the door wide open - it can look to be nonchalant but the main objective is to keep the UK in.  

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

Thought he was an icon of the remain party?

Good grief - go and check his news feed - report back what you find. 

If you can’t be arsed Tommy Robinson is a fully paid up racist member of the Leave party who has advised his lovely adoring fans to agitate for Brexit - now given I am assuming, admittedly, our Tommy is no economist, why do you think that is ? 

3 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

You are Irish.  Last comment first Robinson will not be banging any drum for me,period. The people that matter,really matter are those coppers and their like,the ones that uphold the law. Now those coppers have their own ideas,and thoughts,well observed ones too,unlike you. Those thought would make Robinson look like a third division tiddly-winks player,its pension that keeps the coppers thoughts uppermost.

Now these "brown people" came lastly from the EU,trekking for no other reason through EU countries than that free money was more easily available in UK.   The EU made decisions that were against the UK population wanted,ie Bexit happened.

where do you do your reading?  was 186 last weekend,please more reading on your behalf

Does that include non white coppers ? 

So so far your eloquence has provided hatred for black people, for Irish people and now brown people - your parents did a fabulous job !!

7 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

So so far your eloquence has provided hatred for black people, for Irish people and now brown people - your parents did a fabulous job !!

Have I personally stated "black" "Brown " White" Have I stated "hatred" for irish?

double up on those pills you are taking,needed urgently

Could now be 46 and a half days to go,coming along nicely

Land of hope and glory,land of the free   (of the EU ) yes ,coming along nicely

19 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Ursula von der Leyens first team outing, need I say more.????

IMG_20190913_113819.jpg

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The preparations must be truly starling, given the reluctance to release the risk assessments together with the ‘amazing work spent on Brexit’.

The argument that the Government/Nation is prepared for the impacts of a no-deal Brexit is precisely the argument against hiding from the nation the advice the Government has received.

My argument was that the banking- and financial systems are ready for exactly the type of impact you fear, all thanks to;

"You'd be amazed if you knew the amount of work spent on Brexit preparations". By my reckoning no one has ever written "the amazing work spent on Brexit". Not on this forum.

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Edit to add: I'm sure most people already know this, but seeing as you have a thing for all things Irish, one of the things that my town is most (in)famous for is the IRA Bombing attacks that killed 2 young kids and help fuel the backlash against the IRA which led to the GFA.... 

Due in no small part to the efforts of Colin Parry OBE, another Warrington lad, whose tireless campaigning changed the hearts and minds of a nation and helped honour the memory of his son, Tim and Johnothan Ball and ensure that they didn't die in vain. Special guy.

Let's hope and pray that Brexit doesn't undo his great work.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Can you show the evidence for that or are you talking a load of rollocks.

So those people that died you know voted Brexit. How?

Those who are coming of age of 18 you know would vote Remain. :coffee1:

I will save you the time, you are making it up. Fake news,

Wow I think this is getting to you - there is so much evidence of the demographics of the vote out there it’s embarrassing you’ve asked.

But remainers provide evidence as opposed to one line garbage so here you are 

fullfact.org 73% under 24 voted remain, Mori 75%, YouGov 71%, Question Time poll 73%, British Social Attitudes (BSA) 72% etc etc - Enough to be getting on with ? loads and loads more but it’s polite not to kick a man when he’s down

But when you do come up for air show me something that counters that, that shows the youth are likely to, or have voted leave 

oh wait but they’re all bias right ? Remarkably similar percentages but it’s all a conspiracy ? 

Old racist codgers are dying off taking Brexit with them, it’s just a shame they were allowed to rip the carpet out from under the future generations first.

Looking forward to those polls you’re going to find ......

4 hours ago, kingdong said:

Do,es that mean the pair of clogs I ordered could be late arriving?

Be careful if you ever get them.

They may have Dutch elm disease.

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Do you seriously consider that leaving the EU on a no-deal basis is best for Britain? If so, you are deluded, sorry. 

Why?

Because about 48 million people aren't going to agree with you. I can't wait for the November 2019 election to see the tory party and johnson and his right-wing cronies - and a no-deal Brexit - get ditched. 

I would much rather that the UK leaves with a fair deal for both sides.

IMHO it won't happen because the previous PM screwed the better deals up over 3 years and the UK was left with little option but a no deal. That was of course before this latest fiasco made entirely by parliament so that Boris has little left to do anything with.

8 minutes ago, Forethat said:

"You'd be amazed if you knew the amount of work spent on Brexit preparations". By my reckoning no one has ever written "the amazing work spent on Brexit".

I wonder why? Probably by most people's reckoning, you've done rockall. (Whoo, so that's how you do block capitals 555). Let's hope it never gets tested.

Archived