UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

so she says with no examples  - and if there was racist abuse against her I and the vast majority of remainers would condemn it without reservation. period. Many leavers keep quiet when some of their more vociferous champions start spouting the bilge. Not all leavers are racist but all racists are leavers. 

One of the favourite "arguments" of racists is to say " blacks are racist too"

They don't seem to realise that this neither mitigates nor justifies the racism they have implicitly just admitted.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:25 AM, kingdong said:

Don,t worry about it,all we,'re doing is hoping for the best,but preparing for the worst,once we,'re out i,'ll give the European union 5 years max.adios amigo.

years max,adios amigo.

Remember Y2K? Everyone thought the world would end. But, nothing happened. Same, Same here.

8 hours ago, stephenterry said:

The Britain I would prefer is probably never going to happen. And as at now, after disposing of all my assets at a loss, I'm sure not going back to any country that still taxes my private pension income whilst freezing my state pension. 

So you can surmise just how I feel about Brexit, and even more a no-deal scenario that johnson is undemocratically pursuing. 

A big. Thank you to"they,'ll be no more boom and bust" Mr Gordon Brown,don,t worry you,l be ok when comrade Cornyn gets in,which i,m sure he will with Gina Miller and remain behind him.

23 minutes ago, Longcut said:

Remember Y2K? Everyone thought the world would end. But, nothing happened. Same, Same here.

Brexit lies and diversions. 

https://brexitlies.com/

Benefits ?

Blue Passport

The word 'Passport' is French and it originally allowed you to pass through Seaports. Before the whole European project started, our passports were blue. Brussels never imposed a colour on passports; Croatia's, an EU member, are blue for example. Passports are seen by some as an expression of pride and nationalism.
2 stories selected out of 2
Special 50p coin expected to mark Brexit (BBC News) 
Bringing back blue passports is nostalgia gone mad – we've got bigger things to worry about (Telegraph) 

Sounds like Johnson is begging for concessions on his desperate fool's errand. 

EU sources suggested Johnson had sought to avoid a meeting in Brussels for fear of giving the impression that the new prime minister was begging for concessions. A European commission spokeswoman said Juncker would meet Johnson for a “working lunch”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/13/boris-johnson-to-meet-juncker-for-brexit-talks-in-luxembourg

7 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Good grief - go and check his news feed - report back what you find. 

If you can’t be arsed Tommy Robinson is a fully paid up racist member of the Leave party who has advised his lovely adoring fans to agitate for Brexit - now given I am assuming, admittedly, our Tommy is no economist, why do you think that is ? 

When remain start using expressions like "these colours don,t run, and make references to football hooliganism as a trait of the remainers what is one to think?

48 minutes ago, Slip said:

Interesting- I am no economist, but here are a couple of graphs that I have taken from the web and adjusted by colourising the bars to show red for labour governments and blue for conservative.  They don't seem on the surface of it to agree with your comments, but I am happy to be corrected.

UK_Debt_to_GDP_ratio.jpg.3f36e178a88b8862c0d34dfa169b456a.jpg

unemployment_rate_uk_LFS.jpg.c7bf16cfda729accd4a522a6589964aa.jpg

original graph sources:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/UK_Debt_to_GDP_ratio.png

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/tutor2u-media/subjects/economics/unemployment_rate_uk_LFS.png?mtime=20160405150224

Good. You have not mentioned the 2008 global financial crisis and its effects. The trend starting 2008/9 was flattened and tapered off only after CON got elected (austerity yes but imagine what it would be now if LAB had stayed in). Unemployment rose temporarily for the same reason.

Suggest you take a look at similar data for the Mediterranean EU states. They are interesting! 

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Good. You have not mentioned the 2008 global financial crisis and its effects. The trend starting 2008/9 was flattened and tapered off only after CON got elected (austerity yes but imagine what it would be now if LAB had stayed in). Unemployment rose temporarily for the same reason.

Suggest you take a look at similar data for the Mediterranean EU states. They are interesting! 

Nothing wrong with a Labour government,count y needs money just print some more of it

8 minutes ago, kingdong said:

When remain start using expressions like "these colours don,t run, and make references to football hooliganism as a trait of the remainers what is one to think?

"These colours don't run" was explained to you. Not racist but was filched by a racist group, same as the Cross of St George. You can be a remainer and still be patriotic, in fact I would think it essential to be a remainer if you are patriotic.

Which remainer made references to football hooliganism? If you think it was me, please quote.

On 9/12/2019 at 6:26 AM, z42 said:

Have to disagree. The people voted in a referendum that was free and fair. Lies were told by all sides in the run up to it.

The ballot paper didn't mention anything about trade deals etc. 

What if another referendum happened and leave won again, well then what?

You can't blame the voting public because of the mess that politicians and bureaucrats from Europe have created with an unwillingness to negotiate reasonably.

It was not freer and fair as you claim, where were multiple instances of the most serious fraud by the leave campaign, on top of the £6m of unaccounted for money from Leave.EU.

15 hours ago, Forethat said:

It means that transactional systems are prepared to deal with the consequences of Brexit, including financial shocks and related implications such as a global financial crisis. In this case I want to refer to the official report:

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/media/boe/files/financial-stability-report/2019/july-2019.pdf

Not the first time you have quoted the BoE to support your position.

You really need to get with the Brexit party line. Which is that Carney is a Canadian/Irishman (British as well, but they don't mention that!) who is intent on selling us out to his EU masters, therefore nothing produced by the BoE is to be believed.

Or is that only when they produce forecasts of economic downturn following Brexit?

12 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Dutch logistic controls,stated no problems envisaged...none

Really?

Netherlands 'not ready for cliff-edge Brexit' as port lacks customs officers, inspection posts and lorry spaces

The Netherlands does not have enough extra customs officers and inspection points to cope with its worst-case Brexit scenario on October 31, The Telegraph can reveal, as port officials admitted they hoped for another delay to the divorce process and warned that shipments to the UK could be quarantined for up to 24 hours. 

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I've always believed that Bank of England would the correct source of information when financial and market related risks are being discussed. After all, they are the ones in charge of the preparations.

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:
11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I've always believed that Bank of England would the correct source of information when financial and market related risks are being discussed. After all, they are the ones in charge of the preparations.

Then as I said; you really need to get with the Brexit party line.

11 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:
12 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

<snip>

Brexit in original form was addressing mass immigration

<snip>

"Brexit in original form was addressing mass immigration"

For racist xenophobes who soaked up Dominic Cummings' propoganda, yes.

Be fair; it wasn't Cummings who played the race card; it was Farage.

5 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Hardly knows if its head or <deleted> talking.  Hope its not another adult 3rd way mature student type manuring   teaching English here in Thailand,if so ignore

'Here in Thailand.'

So you finally admit it. Another anti immigration immigrant.

Yet living in Thailand gives you expert knowledge of what is happening in the UK in general and the North of England in particular? (See many posts by you passim).

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:
24 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Yet another 'worse case scenario'

Indeed, but my post was in reply to @zorrow424, who I quoted but you chose to ignore

25 minutes ago, 7by7 said:
  13 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Dutch logistic controls,stated no problems envisaged...none

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:
11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Be fair; it wasn't Cummings who played the race card; it was Farage.

Immigration from Europe has nothing to do with 'race' , because the UK and EU are all multi racial these days

Don't tell me, tell Farage. It was he who played the race card during the campaign.

37 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

It was not freer and fair as you claim, where were multiple instances of the most serious fraud by the leave campaign, on top of the £6m of unaccounted for money from Leave.EU.

"Even if all that is alleged against Vote Leave is true, it is clear that this did not create an unfair playing field. Both sides in the Referendum exploited loopholes to maximise how much they could spend. The Remain side had the advantage of having the government machine – and £9.3 million of public funds on clear campaign literature – on its side. If the referendum was unbalanced, the advantage was with Remain – and yet it still lost."

https://capx.co/remain-not-leave-had-an-unfair-advantage-in-the-eu-referendum/

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:
9 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

May did not make a conclusive "deal" only her options to put before parliament,defeated,now 47 days to go      

May did make a deal, Parliament rejected it... That's a large part of the reason the EU doesn't want to make another deal as they have no confidence that it won't get rejected again.

Indeed.

The EU have said there is no point in Johnson agreeing another deal with them unless he can guarantee it will be approved by the UK Parliament.

Archived