UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

23 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And if you didn't turn up to the party you can demand a piece of cake. Your stats are wrong anyway. Under 18s can't vote. It was the biggest turnout ever, promoted once in a generation referendum.

This translates for many remainers as lets have another vote because we don't like the result, even if the first referendum hasn't been acted upon.

Its called democracy, its your choice to vote.

This democracy you refer to, it’s a process and it’s in process.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The leave campaign mentioned plenty about trade deals, "Easiest trade deals ever". Lies were told by both sides?

Remain: "A possibility of a no deal Brexit, leaving the economy in dire straights." What is Boris pushing for? What does the governments own Yellowhammer document say about a no deal Brexit?

"Negotiations with the EU won't be easy, they hold all the cards and want to set an example of us" Only deal on the table? May's deal, which Brexiteers refer to as BRINO. Chances of an improved deal? Zero.

All of this was labeled as "Project Fear" by the leave campaign, now quite obviously "Project Reality".

The lies were primaryly disseminated by the leave campaigns, with Dominic Cummings' mantra, "If you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it." Sure worked on the gullible, living proof provided by several posters on this forum.

You hum it, i,'ll play it

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The leave campaign mentioned plenty about trade deals, "Easiest trade deals ever". Lies were told by both sides?

Remain: "A possibility of a no deal Brexit, leaving the economy in dire straights." What is Boris pushing for? What does the governments own Yellowhammer document say about a no deal Brexit?

"Negotiations with the EU won't be easy, they hold all the cards and want to set an example of us" Only deal on the table? May's deal, which Brexiteers refer to as BRINO. Chances of an improved deal? Zero.

All of this was labeled as "Project Fear" by the leave campaign, now quite obviously "Project Reality".

The lies were primaryly disseminated by the leave campaigns, with Dominic Cummings' mantra, "If you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it." Sure worked on the gullible, living proof provided by several posters on this forum.

I think quoting a quote from the biggest liar in history, Hitler is hardly going to warm posters to your thinking.????????????

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

You him it, i,'ll play it

If I had a £ for every time I've posted a repost to Brexiteer nonsense, proving it wrong and recieved a reply of one line of rhetorical garbage (misspelt and devoid of any of the rules of grammar), only proving that they have no answer to my argument, I'd be a rich man!

10 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Doesn't seem to be working for Remainers. Most people just roll their eyes when we hear the same old nonsense about medical shortages, house price crashes blah blah blah. Nobody believes you. You were wrong about the effect of a vote to leave and you will be proved wrong when we actually leave. Project Fear is failing, get some new material.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Doesn't seem to be working for Remainers. Most people just roll their eyes when we hear the same old nonsense about medical shortages, house price crashes blah blah blah. Nobody believes you. You were wrong about the effect of a vote to leave and you will be proved wrong when we actually leave. Project Fear is failing, get some new material.

Is Johnson and his government lying too?

Read the Yellowhammer document and get back to me ????

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think quoting a quote from the biggest liar in history, Hitler is hardly going to warm posters to your thinking.????????????

Like "these colours don,t run" saw it ( the tattoo ) on a football hooligans arm,on the other side the artwork boasted " there ain't go black in the union jack"

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

"We" being Brexiteers who fell for the propoganda of Dominic Cummings. Only the gullible fell for his "Project Fear" campaign, only the gullible still fall for it. Most of us refer to the Yellowhammer document, the Governor of the BoE, heads of industry and leading economists to judge what life will be like after a no deal Brexit. You rely on a weasly little toerag who has mugged you off big time for your "facts".

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Like "these colours don,t run" saw it ( the tattoo ) on a football hooligans arm,on the other side the artwork boasted " there ain't go black in the union jack"

"These colours don't run" first appeared as a bumper sticker in the US as a response to the 9/11 atrocity.

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

If I had a £ for every time I've posted a repost to Brexiteer nonsense, proving it wrong and recieved a reply of one line of rhetorical garbage (misspelt and devoid of any of the rules of grammar), only proving that they have no answer to my argument, I'd be a rich man!

3 times I tried to state you him it 4 times and the 2 bob tab keeps misspelling it

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

3 years ago people were promised things will be great after Brexit - and 52% voted for Brexit.

Then it became more and more clear:

- there is no easy breakup, it's mayor headache

- there is no easy trade deal (with the EU or anybody else)

- there will be massive short time disruptions

- there will be lots of long time problems, things get more expensive, companies move out, fewer jobs, etc.

One would think that the people who believed 3 years ago that things will get better should by now know that that is not the case. There is no upside of Brexit. Or if there is one nobody discovered it yet.

And still so many people support Brexit. Might it be related to their limited IQ?

sounds a bit like staying in the EU does it not

Told lies from day one, told how good it was going to be for us all, while increasing cost, taking away our freedoms 

But hey, come back in 5 years time after the Lisbon Treaty is in full force and let is know how that works out for you

Yes massive, ( possibly but unlikely) disruption, for short period, then settles down with the UK able to decide how and what it wishes to do

More expensive, possible on some items, much cheaper on other too, so no problems there 

Fewer jobs, like the project fear kept telling us if we voted out, but like so many , have been proven to be lies  and totally wrong haven;t they ?

Please explain the upside to remaining as servants to the EU, with the loss of all our forces, laws, parliament, loss of jobs, increased payments, etc, etc,

Then give us the true downsides of leaving, but please, no opinions, just true facts and links to these facts

Would be very interested in knowing the true facts from a really intelligent remainer, rather than some idiots opinion

but still waiting for these since the referendum , so looks like i will never get them

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

"We" being Brexiteers who fell for the propoganda of Dominic Cummings. Only the gullible fell for his "Project Fear" campaign, only the gullible still fall for it. Most of us refer to the Yellowhammer document, the Governor of the BoE, heads of industry and leading economists to judge what life will be like after a no deal Brexit. You rely on a weasly little toerag who has mugged you off big time for your "facts".

I don't rely on anything, certainly not politicians or their advisors. It's common sense that a few tariffs and checks at the border is not enough to bring a country to it's knees. If you are gullible enough to believe that rubbish that's up to you but don't complain when others dismiss it as the fear mongering that it is.

It's a big world out there, the EU isn't the only place to source things, and even if they were they are not going to stop trading with us when so many of their key industries rely on us. The only reason they are being so difficult is because they want us to give up on Brexit and Remain because we are such a big cog in their machine. Once we've left, you will see their more pragmatic side. They have enough problems, without cutting off their nose to spite their face.

36 minutes ago, kingdong said:

A very good intelligent post,wish I had your patience in trying to reason with a remainer well good luck and i,'ll carry on trying to teach my chimpanzee to play the piano.

Yes but the remainers have the high IQ and are the intelligent ones, allegedly.

By the way how many tunes does your chimp play. I can guess as many as the remainers tunes that they play here.

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

"These colours don't run" first appeared as a bumper sticker in the US as a response to the 9/11 atrocity.

"Somewhere in between lies the nebulous patriotic phrase “these colors don’t run.” The phrase has found its way onto bumper stickers, shirts, and other ephemera donned by people with aggressive attachments to national pride. It’s bombastic."

https://theoutline.com/post/1094/what-does-these-colors-dont-run-mean-exactly?zd=1&zi=fm3umzgj

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes but the remainers have the high IQ and are the intelligent ones, allegedly.

By the way how many tunes does your chimp play. I can guess as many as the remainers tunes that they play here.

I wish the remainer s would learn " it's all over now " the rolling stones.

Archived