UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

So you're answer is to cross your fingers, close your eyes and hope for the best.  Great strategy for protecting the citizens.

As opposed to remaining in the EU with its clear and publicly available agenda? Last time I checked not ONE of the 50,000+ EU laws imposed on the UK since 1990 has been announced in advance.

But hey ho, why don't cross your fingers, close your eyes and hope for the best...!

9 hours ago, kingdong said:

Don,t worry about it,all we,'re doing is hoping for the best,but preparing for the worst,once we,'re out i,'ll give the European union 5 years max.adios amigo.

years max,adios amigo.

Seen now the frightening example the British caused fro themselves, the rest of the EU never want to exoperiment anymore.

In NL we have ONE party in favour of a NEXIT: went in the EU parliament from 4 to ZERO ( )) seats, from 13,5 % to 3,5% of the votes...

In Italy Mr Selfini ( official name Salvini, but as he LOVES to be with everyone on a selfi) and his party are now in the opposition: two parties who HATE each other form a coalition for one and only one reason: get Selfini and his Lega out.

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Last time I checked not ONE of the 50,000+ EU laws imposed on the UK since 1990 has been announced in advance.

Obviously you did not check anything at all.

Agendas are regularly produced for the next years. Each significant law is subject to a prior consultation of various institutions and organisations (such as national regulators, consumer organisations, trade associations etc..), white papers are published, then the law projects are debated in the Councils, the EP, etc...

9 hours ago, z42 said:

Have to disagree. The people voted in a referendum that was free and fair. Lies were told by all sides in the run up to it.

The ballot paper didn't mention anything about trade deals etc. 

What if another referendum happened and leave won again, well then what?

You can't blame the voting public because of the mess that politicians and bureaucrats from Europe have created with an unwillingness to negotiate reasonably.

The ONLY decission body in the EU, the EU Council, existing of the heads of government of the EU member states is still waiting for ANY British proposal, wich has a chance to be accepted by the UK Parliament,. Till now it was only: no, no. no. no. no. no.  

But.. we will see all soon enough, as the French are NOT willing to give any extension, so… Project Fear, even mentioned so clearly in the Boris Cummins Gov. papers, will start 1 Nov. 

4 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

The ONLY decission body in the EU, the EU Council, existing of the heads of government of the EU member states is still waiting for ANY British proposal, wich has a chance to be accepted by the UK Parliament,. Till now it was only: no, no. no. no. no. no.  

But.. we will see all soon enough, as the French are NOT willing to give any extension, so… Project Fear, even mentioned so clearly in the Boris Cummins Gov. papers, will start 1 Nov. 

I wish we could trust the French but they are about as reliable as anyone else, eh?

12 minutes ago, candide said:

Obviously you did not check anything at all.

Agendas are regularly produced for the next years. Each significant law is subject to a prior consultation of various institutions and organisations (such as national regulators, consumer organisations, trade associations etc..), white papers are published, then the law projects are debated in the Councils, the EP, etc...

I think you're missing my point completely (most likely deliberately).

Let me put it to you this way:

Where do I find information regarding the directives and regulations that EU will introduce during the current and next three EU mandate periods?

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

a) Or that they are fed up with the federalisation of Europe.

Also they have greater vision. To say there is no upside to leaving the EU (Brexit) shows hows limited your IQ is. b) How do the USA. China, India Australia, Japan, and all the others cope with not being in the EU.

a) EVERY step made by the EU in further integrations is made AFTER the signing of ALL heads of government of all EU member states. The Lisbon treaty is even ratified in the UK parliament. Same is valid for every future step.

b) When you can get hold of a world map, just look in it. These countries are NOT in Europe. Second: USA is big enough to stand on its own. China: see the impact of ONLY an import duty rise in the USA. Australia: such a small nation. Japan.. has an agreement with the EU. That’s why Honda leaves the UK, as from Japan, no import duty on cars. And India... one big poverty house, despite centuries of British Raj ( plunder) 

A couple of comments from elsewhere.

It is interesting that Boris is using the treat of the UK crashing out of the EU with a no deal Brexit to scare the EU into negotiating table, while telling the UK populace that there is nothing to worry about with a no deal Brexit.

Come the day of Brexit (1 November?) the sun will rise and people will go about their normal lives and not a lot will change, just like 1 January 2000 when the Y2K bug was going to cause the world as we knew it to end.

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

What reality? It's a prediction. 

Here is reality. 

https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-and-announcements--/recession-fears-ease-as-uk-gdp-beats-expectations-in-july--7003393.html

We did fine after a vote to leave, despite the doomsday predictions. We've done fine through 3 years of uncertainty caused by Remaniacs being unable to accept the result of the democratic vote. We'll do fine after we leave.

Project Fear is failing. It seems Brexiteers are smarter than you think, certainly smart enough to see through all the lies and doomsday predictions.

Brexit has turned into a religion - no mater how much we assault leavers with facts, they prefer to believe in their one true god. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/richard-dawkins-brexit-is-now-a-religion-they-don-t-mind-if-they-destroy-the-country-1.4010159

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

Brexit has turned into a religion - no mater how much we assault leavers with facts, they prefer to believe in their one true god. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/richard-dawkins-brexit-is-now-a-religion-they-don-t-mind-if-they-destroy-the-country-1.4010159

What facts? You gave me a prediction, which is essentially an opinion. I gave you actual results (let's call them facts) from 2019 GDP. I'll give you them again in case you missed them.

https://www.sharecast.com/news/news-and-announcements--/recession-fears-ease-as-uk-gdp-beats-expectations-in-july--7003393.html

1 hour ago, Thongkorn said:

I work in the transport industry, Warehouses are bulging at the seems with product, another failed project fear

"The only thing to fear,is fear itself"  now those words were spoken by Abraham Lincoln on steps of White House as three British musket balls were heading his way,missing by a country mile,  picked up again by another US politician in 20th century

38 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

No way the French veto the extension. They're talking tough, puffing their chest out and doing their best to play Bad Cop. In the end they will give in to the other EU nations demands and grant the extension.

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Maggie Thatcher would have had us out 28 years ago if she had had the chance.

Thatcher could calculate: the costs of all done now togeter as EU +.. the import duty of all British export to the EU.

Therefore, wanted as much as possible" of my money back". Her bluff worked. Not anymore. For sure the French will give the Briish they wanted with such an historic, landslide and overwhelmingly 51,88 %: a Brexit. Only, will be a hard Brexit. A Yellowhammer Brexit. 

14 minutes ago, tebee said:

We have an entirely different view of what constitutes facts, you and I.

5 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I agree and much though I don't like the ramifications of having a second referendum, I personally think the current paralysis is worse.

So in the spirit of the lesser of 2 evils, why not have a 2nd referendum that states... 

"As your government has been unable to to reach an agreement on how to move forward with Brexit , we put it to you the people to let us know how you want to proceed...

1. In regards to the UK membership of the EU, do you Want to
    1. Remain
    2. Leave 
  2. If you voted to Leave, do you want to leave the EU
    1. With No Deal
    2. With a Deal
  3. In the event that a satisfactory deal cannot be negotiated within the next 3 months do you want to 
    1. Leave the EU with no Deal
    2. Remain
    3. Extend the negotiations for another 3 months

Make it binding & have done with it... 

An alternative is to have a General Election, but the problem with this is that you're voting for Brexit alongside other policies (NHS, Policing, Education, Budget etc)... so somebody who might want to Remain and so be leaning towards Labour could be totally against Corbyn's policies on Policing, NHS, Education & approach to Businesses.

This is as every normal thinking person should do.

However, the British do not act as a thinking person, but only… HATE to the TRAITORS... whatever side they are.

Even in Parliament Boris the Liar called the Most Loyal opposition : traitors.  I cannot imagine ever something like that would be said in the Dutch, Belgium nor German parliament without that person would get a hard sanction.

3 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

However, the British do not act as a thinking person, but only… HATE to the TRAITORS... whatever side they are.

Even in Parliament Boris the Liar called the Most Loyal opposition : traitors.  I cannot imagine ever something like that would be said in the Dutch, Belgium nor German parliament without that person would get a hard sanction.

The UK is leaving the EU in 6 weeks,just concentrate on that.  Yes getting bitter and twisted is unfortunate,no problem,keep taking the pill

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

For the first time in living memory a far right group, the EGL were chanting the name of a British MP - things are eREALLY bad in the UK at present.

3 hours ago, Parsve said:

So you think that not getting UK beer and after eight will make EU to make a change? And by the way, how many car manufacturers in UK are not from the EU?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_industry_in_the_United_Kingdom   Ascari Cars , Aston Martin LagondaBriggs Automotive Company   Bristol Cars   Caterham Cars    Ginetta McLaren Automotive Morgan Motor Company   Noble Automotive   Plaxton    Sunbeam    TVR Motor Company    Wrightbus  

Bye-the-way: After Eight is produced in Hamburg - Germany in the Nestle factory.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Eight  

UK beer: see  https://www.euractiv.com/section/uk-europe/news/british-beer-waits-to-see-whats-brewing-with-brexit/  

One advantage: import duty of "third countries" into the EU = 0%, 2203 00 10  https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/dds2/taric/measures.jsp?Lang=en&SimDate=20190912&Area=&MeasType=&StartPub=&EndPub=&MeasText=&GoodsText=&op=&Taric=2203001000&search_text=goods&textSearch=&LangDescr=en&OrderNum=&Regulation=&measStartDat=&measEndDat=  excise duty, like all.

17 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Refeendums are the tools of dictators and despots, but unfortunately totally against UK tradition they have gone increasingly down this road and it looked like this may be the only way to extricate the country.

However what will the question be - Leave with deal or no deal? (no deal appears to be illegal)

Not leave or deal?

Sinlge market deal or no angle makes deal - the country seems further from a decision than it was 3 years ago......... of course 4 years ago there was a clear majority in favour of remain.

22 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

And with the date of reckoning coming closer and nothing much happening in their favour the hatred seems to grow and grow.

34 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Thatcher could calculate: the costs of all done now togeter as EU +.. the import duty of all British export to the EU.

Therefore, wanted as much as possible" of my money back". Her bluff worked. Not anymore. For sure the French will give the Briish they wanted with such an historic, landslide and overwhelmingly 51,88 %: a Brexit. Only, will be a hard Brexit. A Yellowhammer Brexit. 

Why reply to me with this dribble??

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And with the date of reckoning coming closer and nothing much happening in their favour the hatred seems to grow and grow.

In whos favour exactly?  No hatred from me,nothing from general population of UK,only the disillusioned ones,the non-believers if you like     OCTOBER 31 is D Day,always has and will be,6 more weeks then freedom,feels good

12 hours ago, Alphonsothethird said:

It was suggested after the referendum that perhaps IQ levels of those supporting Brexit were lower on average.  Of course that was poo pood as cynical and not having any supportive evidence. Irrespective of that there can now be no doubt given what has come to light since regarding predicted outcomes of Brexit that perhaps it was more that people wanting Brexit were just simply gullible and more easily convinced by politician's lies.

The answer to that is a no brainier...

Science has dim view of Brexit voters’ brains

It is a belief that some pro-Europeans already hold dear, but a group of scientists now claim to have confirmed it: Brexit voters are less bright than remainers.

Researchers gave 11,225 volunteers psychological tests before the referendum and asked how they intended to vote. Results suggest that leavers tended to be less numerate, more impulsive and more prone to accept the unsupported claims of authoritarian figures.

“Compared with remain voters, leave voters displayed significantly lower levels of numeracy and appeared more reliant on impulsive thinking,” said the researchers. The study was commissioned by Britain’s Online Privacy Foundation and analysed by scientists at Missouri University.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brexit-voters-are-less-bright-than-remainers-7nk8s3272

Archived