UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Nice pie chart.

Of course if you were honest you would chuck out the 20% who couldn't be bothered to vote even though they had the opportunity. They could have voted for Leave or Remain and had the opportunity to do so.

Does the 28% include babies, school children, prisoners in jail (I am not sure if they allowed a vote), people in lunatic asylums (the HoC is definitely included here).

That takes us back to the other side of the chart where 25% voted to remain and 27% to leave.

@Estrada  Do you have the link or reference as to where the pie chart came from and what the ToR were about? I am curious as to how the figures were arrived at.

2016 to 2019.  Let's see how the percentages change when the people too young (and couldn't be bothered to) vote last time get the chance now.  Not to mention all those old fogies who have fallen off of their perch. ???? 

24 minutes ago, kingdong said:
53 minutes ago, wilcopops said:

And you seriously don't believe the government warning ngs in Yellowhammer?

After project fear?no

But these are warnings issued by your beloved Gove and Johnson!

Are you saying that they are peddling 'Project Fear?'

Just now, 7by7 said:

But these are warnings issued by your beloved Gove and Johnson!

Are you saying that they are peddling 'Project Fear?'

The question is whether the document outlines what will happen or what will happen if "they" don't do anything?

I take it from your comment that you think "they" haven't done anything? I can assure you we have.

7 minutes ago, Forethat said:
10 minutes ago, Basil B said:

The referendum was nether binding...

...but the subsequent parliamentary decision was.

Which subsequent decision would that be?

The many decisions to defer making a decision?

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

The question is whether the document outlines what will happen or what will happen if "they" don't do anything?

I take it from your comment that you think "they" haven't done anything? I can assure you we have.

Who's 'we?'

What have you done to prevent the disaster of leaving without a deal?

Worst case is WTO rules and that does not equal starvation and impending chaotic destruction/dystopia Mad Max future ... come on. Just buy British instead as someone will fill the gap and WTO is only 4% more than the current price. Project Fear going full thrust here ... again.

4 minutes ago, Forethat said:

That would be the European Union withdrawal Act 2019.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/16/contents/enacted

The bill passed. They've yet to tell you?

Yes, an Act to allow withdrawal, with a proviso allowing the government to extend Article 50 as often and for as long as it wants!

Nowhere in that Act does it say that the final decision on whether to leave with a deal, leave without a deal or cancel Article 50 and remain cannot be put to the people in a final, and this time legally binding, referendum.

10 minutes ago, Forethat said:

It might come as a small surprise to you, but I'm working with the Brexit activities...

Hence "we".

"With the Brexit activities?"

Don't you mean "With the Brexit activists?"

But, no; it wouldn't surprise me.

But I don't see how that gives you an insight into the thinking going on in government circles; let alone an influence on the outcome! Like the rest of us, you are expressing an opinion. Although some of us do like to back that opinion up with facts.

Sorry, but unless your real name is Dominic Cummings, I doubt that you are as anywhere near important as you seem to think you are!

15 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

"With the Brexit activities?"

Don't you mean "With the Brexit activists?"

But, no; it wouldn't surprise me.

But I don't see how that gives you an insight into the thinking going on in government circles; let alone an influence on the outcome! Like the rest of us, you are expressing an opinion. Although some of us do like to back that opinion up with facts.

Sorry, but unless your real name is Dominic Cummings, I doubt that you are as anywhere near important as you seem to think you are!

In case there are doubts as to whether I'm being truthful or not, I'm sure the moderators on this forum can validate that a number of my posts have been done from a government (gov.uk) network (I assume IP-addresses are being logged). 

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

In case there are doubts as to whether I'm being truthful or not, I'm sure the moderators on this forum can validate that a number of my posts have been done from a government (gov.uk) network (I assume IP-addresses are being logged). 

I have a friend who works for HMRC and has been known to use his computer to post on a forum like this.

His IP address for those posts would also show a gov.uk network!

But I'll take your word for it; someone's got to make the Cabinet Office tea!

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I have a friend who works for HMRC and has been known to use his computer to post on a forum like this.

His IP address for those posts would also show a gov.uk network!

But I'll take your word for it; someone's got to make the Cabinet Office tea!

HMRC, huh!? They'd be heavily involved in Brexit activities as far as I'm concerned. You should ask your friend for some advice.

24 minutes ago, Forethat said:

So you are wasting time on an internet forum rather than working at this critical juncture. If you are to be believed that is. Which is probably a disciplinary offence. 

https://www.wifi.service.gov.uk/terms-and-conditions/

You’re bound by the acceptable use policy of your host organisation.
Public sector workers must comply with the standards of behaviour that are expected by your employer or government organisation, including the Civil Service Code and the social media guidance for civil servants.

Just now, Forethat said:

I'm working with the Brexit activities...

Making up porkies to tell the queen, working out how to kill parliamentary democracy in the UK, arranging investments to profit Farage, Rees Mogg and the rest of the cabal, reporting progress to Mr Putin. What else do you do with your day Mr Johnny-come-lately?

9 minutes ago, Forethat said:

I'm working with the Brexit activities...

Of course you are dear , of course you are. How is that dear Mr Cummings ? Maybe you should see a doctor for these thoughts ?

Alcohol-induced psychosis describes any delusions and hallucinations tied to heavy alcohol consumption that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing mental health condition. Generally, alcohol-induced psychosis exists in three forms: acute intoxication, chronic alcohol hallucinosis and alcohol withdrawal psychosis.

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

That's interesting because on Breakfast TV this morning (BBC) the government spokesman said, when pushed, that the government would put measures in place when the deadline was nearer.  When asked what, he floundered and said something about extra police on the streets.  Pathetic.

Am starting to think that some Brexiteers here are starting to go mad at trying to argue the unarguable and see 3 1/2 years of cult belief unravel on an hour by hour basis. Only the ex-military types have the strength of character to hunker down and keep the flame flying. In their foxhole under fire they would have to shoot these guys for the safety of the rest or get them medevaced out for PTSD. 

And here's Cabinet Office guidance on using social media. If you are talking the truth you are in breach of your terms and conditions. 

As civil servants we are (of course) free to use social and other digital media in our own time. But we always need to be mindful of our duties not to disclose official information without authority, and not to take part in any political or other public activity which compromises, or might be seen to compromise, our impartial service to the government of the day or any future government.

We must take care about commenting on government policies and practices and should not do so without the proper authorisation. We should avoid commenting altogether on politically controversial issues and avoid making any kind of personal attack or tasteless or offensive remarks to individuals or groups.

Image result for saigon embassy

Archived