UK's worst-case no-deal Brexit plan warns of food shortages, public disorder

webfact

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Parsve said:

So you think that not getting UK beer and after eight will make EU to make a change? And by the way, how many car manufacturers in UK are not from the EU?

I referred to non-conclusive examples; bilateral trade is much more fine-tuned and bring along much less unnecessary paperwork. The UK leaves the EU and enters the world, Switzerland and Norway - despite all the fake lying press - are doing better than any EU state - for good reason. 

35 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

That's interesting because on Breakfast TV this morning (BBC) the government spokesman said, when pushed, that the government would put measures in place when the deadline was nearer.  When asked what, he floundered and said something about extra police on the streets.  Pathetic.

There are plenty of recorded hearings available for those interested in ascertaining the Brexit readiness. Including monetary and financial systems. You'd be amazed if you knew the amount of work spent on Brexit preparations. I guess in your mind, the people involved are all "pathetic" and "liars", and YOU are the one providing REAL expertise.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

2016 to 2019.  Let's see how the percentages change when the people too young (and couldn't be bothered to) vote last time get the chance now.  Not to mention all those old fogies who have fallen off of their perch. ???? 

I can think of at least one old fogey who is still alive and kicking and there are quite a few more of us as well.

2 minutes ago, Forethat said:

There are plenty of recorded hearings available for those interested in ascertaining the Brexit readiness. Including monetary and financial systems. You'd be amazed if you knew the amount of work spent on Brexit preparations. I guess in you mind, the people involved are all "pathetic" and "liars".

One thing for sure,I am not coming up against you in any form ,discussion or otherwise

1 minute ago, Forethat said:

There are plenty of recorded hearings available for those interested in ascertaining the Brexit readiness. Including monetary and financial systems. You'd be amazed if you knew the amount of work spent on Brexit preparations. I guess in you mind, the people involved are all "pathetic" and "liars".

Since you are involved with Brexit preparation. 

Can you clarify why the Scottish government received a different copy of the Yellowhamer report to the Uk issued .

Scottish states Base scenario

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

There are plenty of recorded hearings available for those interested in ascertaining the Brexit readiness. Including monetary and financial systems. You'd be amazed if you knew the amount of work spent on Brexit preparations. I guess in your mind, the people involved are all "pathetic" and "liars", and YOU are the one providing REAL expertise.

Just remember all your internet activity is being logged and you could be subject to disciplinary action if true. And if true for your own sake log off and stop boasting about what you supposedly do.  

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Just remember all your internet activity is being logged and you could be subject to disciplinary action if true. And if true for your own sake log off and stop boasting about what you supposedly do.  

Oh, dear me. "you could be subject to disciplinary action if true. And if true for your own sake log off and stop boasting about what you supposedly do". :cheesy:

26 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

He once said in a thread that he'd bet his last dime. Invoked a pointless analogy about shipping pork to Virginia. He repeatedly introduces irrelevant Hillary Clinton references into threads. What are the odds that he is what he represents himself to be?

16 hours ago, kingdong said:

They need us more thanks need them,let's get out and let the uncontrolled econo.if migration become the eu,a problem,good luck .

They need us more how ? 

Again UK GDP $2.9t - EU GDP $17.2t 

Looking forward to your explanation 

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

Hmmm the leavers claim the pounds rout is due to ‘uncertainty’ and EVERY industry is crying out for clarification so given I would be amazed how much had been spent on Brexit preparations, would it have been a good idea to let the economy in on them ? 

Which ‘financial systems’ have been readied for an event no one knows how will pan out ? 

In other words stop talking drivel. 

5 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Hmmm the leavers claim the pounds rout is due to ‘uncertainty’ and EVERY industry is crying out for clarification so given I would be amazed how much had been spent on Brexit preparations, would it have been a good idea to let the economy in on them ? 

Which ‘financial systems’ have been readied for an event no one knows how will pan out ? 

In other words stop talking drivel. 

Excellent point.

22 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the usual remainer scare tactics to thwart a leave .it will pass like the year 2000 bug which turned out to be a small fart ..planes didnt fall from the sky as they claimed

The usual Remainer scare tactics to thwart a leave?

A document prepared by the Johnson appointed Gove's department for Brexit; possibly, if he's to be believed, with @Forethat's input.

Here's me thinking they were all Brexiteers!

10 hours ago, stephenterry said:

The primary responsibility for the UK's failure adequately to prepare for a "crash-out" Brexit lies with the late unlamented Prime Minister, Remainer and arch EU collaborator Theresa May.

Incorrect. The primary responsibility lies firmly in the hands of Cameron, who dreamt up the referendum to quell the tory right wingers.  And who stated he would honour the result.

May delivered a deal, remember, which did honour the result to LEAVE. 

Cameron may have set the ball rolling, but it was Theresa May who scored two own goals with her appalling BRINO deal and no preparations for a no-deal Brexit.

One can only speculate how she must now feel, watching her luckless successor desperately trying to salvage a result from the game she so abjectly threw away.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

I can think of at least one old fogey who is still alive and kicking and there are quite a few more of us as well.

But many many dead ones who voted leave to be replaced by younger ones that won’t - thus the leavers panic to avoid a second referendum.

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You need to raise your bar. - a lot  - if you consider that to be an “excellent point”.

You need to provide an actual refutation. You know, engage with the points raised, rather than indulge in idle insults. To recapitulate what Bruntoid said, why leave the business community in a state of uncertainty, if plans are in place? 

1 hour ago, Forethat said:

The preparations must be truly starling, given the reluctance to release the risk assessments together with the ‘amazing work spent on Brexit’.

The argument that the Government/Nation is prepared for the impacts of a no-deal Brexit is precisely the argument against hiding from the nation the advice the Government has received.

10 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Cameron may have set the ball rolling, but it was Theresa May who scored two own goals with her appalling BRINO deal and no preparations for a no-deal Brexit.

One can only speculate how she must now feel, watching her luckless successor desperately trying to salvage a result from the game she so abjectly threw away.

I would imagine she’s feeling pretty smug as it will be Mays Deal that he will be resurrecting to save his <deleted>! 

41 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the usual remainer scare tactics to thwart a leave .it will pass like the year 2000 bug which turned out to be a small fart ..planes didnt fall from the sky as they claimed

As the remainers claimed?  Mate. You need to get professional help.  Not sure if linguistic or pyschological. Perhaps both.

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

You need to provide an actual refutation. You know, engage with the points raised, rather than indulge in idle insults. To recapitulate what Bruntoid said, why leave the business community in a state of uncertainty, if plans are in place? 

LOL...and you consider “excellent point” to be a valuable contribution to the debate, do you.

Physician - heal thyself.

13 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

LOL...and you consider “excellent point” to be a valuable contribution to the debate, do you.

Physician - heal thyself.

He was agreeing with the point, so no further comment required.

You refute it, so perhaps you should say why you do not consider it to be an excellent point if you want to be taken seriously.

5 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

..and just how do you yourself know of anything different?  Go on tell?

Your argument being that as it hasn't happened yet, it isn't going to? 

This seems to flt in the face of cause and effect. 

I've already cjted my extensive experience of logistics at Dover but you are saying this wont happen...this is based on what?

Archived