BANGKOK
webfact

World-beating currency gives Thailand major economic headache

1 minute ago, ThaiBunny said:

Yes I remember just a few short years ago being told by "knowledgeable" people to put my money into the Chinese currency - it was going to skyrocket

Actually there are hedge funds who even now recommend dumping American stocks and buy Chinese stocks in a big way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Weakest economic expansion since 2014 eh!

Which just happens to be the year of the Prayut Chan-o-cha coup. That tells the story in itself.

Indeed, what a coincidence...........???!!!!!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wendyfromoz said:

and the aircraft carrier they really needed and had to have.

and now they have ordered a landing craft! I wonder who they are going to invade?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tropicalevo said:

and now they have ordered a landing craft! I wonder who they are going to invade?

Did Pinocchio read "Mein Kampf?"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Baht is best performer globally against dollar over five years

why do they keep saying this, it's like saying I outperformed everyone by jumping without a parachute - yes I will hit the ground first suckers

"best performing" is when the currency is supporting the economy, right now it is being heavily manipulated because Thailand is allowing that to happen, just wait until they have to do something drastic to stop it - mass exit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Weakest economic expansion since 2014 eh!

Which just happens to be the year of the Prayut Chan-o-cha coup. That tells the story in itself.

Economy was ordered to standby while Big P deals with bigger and better issues.😜

3 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

due to PM Prayut appointing his ministers based on return favours instead of intelligence and job qualifications

Sounds like most government leaders around the world - it's all about doing factional deals, paybacks for past favours, buying support. You name it, politicians the world over do it. Watch the series Yes Prime Minister for a reality check

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Sounds like most government leaders around the world - it's all about doing factional deals, paybacks for past favours, buying support. You name it, politicians the world over do it. Watch the series Yes Prime Minister for a reality check

You mean like when PM Hacker appointed Sir Desmond Glazebrook as the Governor of the Bank of England.

Just now, Cadbury said:

You mean like when PM Hacker appointed Sir Desmond Glazebrook as the Governor of the Bank of England.

Absolutely - "an own-goal in fact"

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Problem is that the farang word 'stimulus' translates into Thai as 'buy more tanks'

Buy more tanks is good because that will spend foreign currency and weaken baht.

• Sad 1