Pattaya: One dead, one seriously injured after nightclub shooting

webfact

3 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Next one from kopai on Tai, right? The whole area is full of drugs and shady pubs.

It’s a run down Soi that runs between kohpai and Pattaya tai. Have a few crappy cheap guesthouse, small old townhouses, brand new massive but empty condo, a Christian church and a tiny Thai bar right opposite . Usually at night have dogs sitting on the cars .

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Exactly. The influence of modern American culture on Thailand. First we had that hip-hop nonsense in Mixx, now this.

Having a brain fart(a temporary mental lapse or failure to reason correctly)?

First privately held hand gun I saw in Thailand was when a resort owner showed me his in 1998. I guess he needed to protect his business, since he is a big player on the island.

The second was a doctor in Central Pattaya. So hardly the kind of thug to which you allude. Hip-Hop? What ere you thinking?

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nickname? And I always thought that was supposed to be a short catchy one word. This is a full sentence.

I've been trying to figure out what it means, and can't. Same with the statement that someone called him a "kha yai." The only Thai I can think of would be "big leg," which doesn't seem like any of the Thai profanities I've ever heard. Guess my market Thai needs upgrading.

UPDATE:

Pattaya: Arrest after fatal shooting - suspect was at his mum's in Surin

2pm2.jpg

Picture: Ruksiam News

Thai police have arrested a man who they say has admitted shooting Anuwat Suksamran outside a South Pattaya bar in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1123201-pattaya-arrest-after-fatal-shooting-suspect-was-at-his-mums-in-surin/

Edited  by webfact

On 9/12/2019 at 3:52 AM, Mickc said:

Yeah, I know the soi well, a friend d of mine is a manger of a small hotel that is almost in the picture. It's a tiny bar that's only attended by Thais in very small numbers.

Yeah I have nieces that live just off that soi in one of the cul-de-sacs. It's normally quiet I thought that bar was a Thai 'karaoke' as it often had girls outside. There used to be what I thought was a motorbike gang HQ in Soi Rungland a few years back. Never known any trouble in the 5 or so years I've been going there. Most of the shophouses have a farang there drinking with their mates on the round granite tables most nights next to their loss making restaurants/mini marts/coffee shops.  Who the hell would buy a condo there - another nephew went to look at a one bedroom for 4.5million for the usual crappy build. 

On 9/12/2019 at 5:10 PM, Acharn said:

I've been trying to figure out what it means, and can't. Same with the statement that someone called him a "kha yai." The only Thai I can think of would be "big leg," which doesn't seem like any of the Thai profanities I've ever heard. Guess my market Thai needs upgrading.

it’s a short „a“ : ขยาย , meaning something like extend, enlarge, increase.

with

- amnaat extend s.o.‘s power, influence

- aanaakheet : extend a territory 

- it-thipon : increase influence 

... in that „environment“, that’s telling enough ????

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2019 at 9:38 AM, Matzzon said:

Nickname? And I always thought that was supposed to be a short catchy one word. This is a full sentence.

Would someone like to put that in English or are we all supposed to be fluent in Thai now

On 9/13/2019 at 9:40 PM, sanemax said:

You are legally allowed to defend yourself using reasonable force , which can include killing your attacker

Tell Tony Martin that,also who judges what's reasonable force is?12 people too stupid to get out of doing jury  service.

Archived