Father faces court date for allowing son to sit on car roof

webfact

Father faces court date for allowing son to sit on car roof

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A father who couldn't stand his young son's complaining in a trip home from school let him sit on the roof of his car through the sunroof. 

His actions in downtown Lamphun in Thailand's north were caught on social media and investigated by the police. The boy was in school uniform and seemed aged about four or five.

Following the exposure a woman who is the owner of the MG car went to see Pol Lt-Col Seksan Khankhamnanta of the Lamphun police. 

She said her husband was driving home from school and gave in to her son's demands to open the roof and sit on it because he was crying incessantly. 

She agreed that it was a bad idea. 

The father was fined 500 baht for not strapping in the child. 

But a court will decide on the penalty for driving without due care and attention thus endangering others. 

They have the power to impose a prison sentence of three months and/or a fine between 2,000 and 20,000 baht, reported Daily News. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-12

11 minutes ago, webfact said:

She said her husband was driving home from school and gave in to her son's demands to open the roof and sit on it because he was crying incessantly. 

Her husband is an idiot. Not surprising kids go wild here when they get zero positive parenting from such an early age. First thing you learn as a parent is don't give into tantrums, as you dig a very deep hole for yourself. I hope the court throw him in jail for a bit, not only to punish him for his stupidity, but as a wake up call to others who might consider something equally dumb.

45 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I hope the court throw him in jail 

Drama Queen. 

The kid not have injury. Maybe stupid, but not necessary dad go in jail, lose job, lose house, kid have no food. 

Maybe use the helmet next time. Less danger than ride motorbike. Or not?

Dad not go jail. Sure.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

This is what happens when parents are not allowed to reprimand/'educate'/tell their offsprings who's in charge....

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

500 baht and a couple of wai's ….  all good  !!

Did you omit this particularly relevant part deliberately?...

"But a court will decide on the penalty for driving without due care and attention thus endangering others. They have the power to impose a prison sentence of three months and/or a fine between 2,000 and 20,000 baht, reported Daily News". 

On separate occasions when in the car both the Nanny and the MiL told my Wife and I that we should take our son  out of the Car seat as he's crying and clearly doesn't like it !!!! 

They were prepared to give in so easily and give the child what he wanted even though doing so places them at greater risk. 

The logic completely escapes me... it must have something to do with only 'living in the now' and having no concept whatsoever of consequence. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But a court will decide on the penalty for driving without due care and attention thus endangering others

I can see the insurance claim form already:

My car was damaged beyond repair after a collision with the other vehicle.

The delinquent teenage passenger deliberately hit and smashed my windscreen with his head, after flying through the air.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

They have the power to impose a prison sentence of three months and/or a fine between 2,000 and 20,000 baht, reported Daily News.

Impose the 20,000 baht fine with a suspended 3 months... just to make the father understand his idiotic actions!

I drive everyday and see three or four on a scooter, babes in arms included. Pickup trucks drive at highspeed with hapless laborers packed into the rear bed. Large construction trucks rumble around, with some of the crew perched atop without a care in the world. Not a peep from the shocked, Thai public.

I would say this lad is low on the list of dangerous behaviors.

this is just more of the poor parenting skills in Thailand, they let the kids do as they please and refuse to pull them into line and chastise them. Add to that they dont even consider what is safe for the kids, in a lot of the cases it is plain laziness on the parents part. They allow their kids to rule them rather than say no, parenting skills in Thailand are basically pathetic unfortunately, really doubt we will see any improvement in it until we get a govt & police force that will enforce laws and issue big fines and penalties

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

First thing you learn as a parent is don't give into tantrums, as you dig a very deep hole for yourself.

No noooooooo new parents  will say its  just the child "expressing themselves" my Dad expressed his  with a thwack, worked ok for me and a thwack does not equate  to a violent beating before the child abusers  jump in, if you want to go down that path then you need to throw religion into the mix as  anyone teaching a young kid that its real is an abuser in my eyes.

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

This is what happens when parents are not allowed to reprimand/'educate'/tell their offsprings who's in charge....

What a load of bull. There's ample ways to reprimand/educate/tell offspring who's in charge without doing anything remotely illegal or morally heinous.

Archived