Father faces court date for allowing son to sit on car roof

webfact

On 9/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, webfact said:

The boy was in school uniform and seemed aged about four or five

Seeing as the photo on the left is correct proportions, (Crossroads sign: Diamond background top to bottom and left to right are same size | Honda Logo: not stretched) and the photo on the right has been squashed in to fit the frame (Green traffic light: not circle - Top to Bottom is taller than Left to Right | Vehicles: Rear-View Mirrors: taller than wide), that IS NOT a 4-5 year old on the roof of that car.

My Thai daughter is almost 5 years old, and less than half that size!!

gallery_used-car-mg5-sunroof-thailand.jpg.b348d9e2247efef280069e5fa888c99e.jpg

(Photo: 2017 MG Sedan MG5 1.5L Sunroof)

As an MG5 Sunroof opening is 600 mm (24") wide by 300 mm (12") long, and there is NO sunroof showing either side of the roof-surfers' shorts, that is one very overweight man-child sitting on that roof.

Maybe, (at a stretch), I could accept that this is an extremely overweight 4th-5thgrade student, but certainly NOT a 4-5 year old student.

I suspect that something got lost from the original translation.

But, looking at the photo of the MG's sunroof that I included above, you must admit it would look very enticing to an ignorant young male to sit up there and lock his legs under the front edge, while another equally ignorant male drove nonchalantly down a main highway, expecting no one to notice or judge...

On 9/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, Yinn said:

Drama Queen. 

The kid not have injury. Maybe stupid, but not necessary dad go in jail, lose job, lose house, kid have no food. 

Maybe use the helmet next time. Less danger than ride motorbike. Or not?

Dad not go jail. Sure.

The kid will have no food? The kid will be dead if the dad doesn't learn not to do stupid things like this. 

8 hours ago, Telecom66 said:

Seeing as the photo on the left is correct proportions, (Crossroads sign: Diamond background top to bottom and left to right are same size | Honda Logo: not stretched) and the photo on the right has been squashed in to fit the frame (Green traffic light: not circle - Top to Bottom is taller than Left to Right | Vehicles: Rear-View Mirrors: taller than wide), that IS NOT a 4-5 year old on the roof of that car.

My Thai daughter is almost 5 years old, and less than half that size!!

gallery_used-car-mg5-sunroof-thailand.jpg.b348d9e2247efef280069e5fa888c99e.jpg

(Photo: 2017 MG Sedan MG5 1.5L Sunroof)

As an MG5 Sunroof opening is 600 mm (24") wide by 300 mm (12") long, and there is NO sunroof showing either side of the roof-surfers' shorts, that is one very overweight man-child sitting on that roof.

Maybe, (at a stretch), I could accept that this is an extremely overweight 4th-5thgrade student, but certainly NOT a 4-5 year old student.

I suspect that something got lost from the original translation.

But, looking at the photo of the MG's sunroof that I included above, you must admit it would look very enticing to an ignorant young male to sit up there and lock his legs under the front edge, while another equally ignorant male drove nonchalantly down a main highway, expecting no one to notice or judge...

are you a policeman?

On 9/17/2019 at 9:10 PM, JaiLai said:

are you a policeman?

NO - Just observant conundrum aficionados of what is fake and what is real!!!

The 2 photos in the OP montage showed conflicting visual images:

LEFT: a much larger, much older, child on a roof?

OR

RIGHT: a much thinner, much younger, child on a roof?

As Photoshop seems to be the modern-day weapon-of-choice for visual deception, I merely chose to use Photoshop to debunk which photo was REAL and which was FAKE.

The Right squashed photo is INACCURATE and the Left proportional Photo is ACCURATE - based on the images provided !!! 

Nothing More to See Here Then - Move along ...

????????

Just the Facts - None of the BS !!!

On 9/12/2019 at 3:12 AM, darksidedog said:

Her husband is an idiot. Not surprising kids go wild here when they get zero positive parenting from such an early age. First thing you learn as a parent is don't give into tantrums, as you dig a very deep hole for yourself. I hope the court throw him in jail for a bit, not only to punish him for his stupidity, but as a wake up call to others who might consider something equally dumb.

Absolutely.  Both of them should receive prison sentences.  The kid should have known better. They are a danger to us all. I despair: Why cant Thai people be more like Americans? More Western?  I had hoped the new government would do more to make Thailand a acceptable to western people. This this case shows how far Thai people have to go before they become civilised like us. 

Archived