Best regional consulate to get single non Imm O for retirement

Thanks for information, along with what documents are required.

If possible prefer Penang, but is proof of retirement necessary for any of these places, and what exactly is proof.

Ideally prefer easiest documentation, such as 800k in Thai bank plus bank letter.

Thanks again.

In the past people were getting a income letter showing a small income from their embassy for proof they are retired.

Some have also done a statement that hey are retired at the embassy.

It think the consulates in Penang and Savannakhet have gotten a bit more flexible now for the proof of retirement. 

In the past people were getting a income letter showing a small income from their embassy for proof they are retired.
It think the consulates in Penang and Savannakhet have gotten a bit more flexible now for the proof of retirement. 
British Embassy doesn't provide any proof of retirement

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

the consulates in Penang and Savannakhet have gotten a bit more flexible now for the proof of retirement.

Thank you.  In practical terms what exactly does this mean in terms of documentation for "proof".  Does anyone have recent experience?

50 minutes ago, mirtl said:

Thank you.  In practical terms what exactly does this mean in terms of documentation for "proof".  Does anyone have recent experience?

I would say it means anything to prove you are not working.

Dependent upon your nationality you might be able to get proof of income from your embassy that would satisfy them.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say it means anything to prove you are not working.

Dependent upon your nationality you might be able to get proof of income from your embassy that would satisfy them.

Dark sunglasses and a white walking cane might be helpful.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 9/12/2019 at 11:21 AM, ubonjoe said:

British Embassy doesn't provide any proof of retirement

That's correct. However, Brits get a letter from Work&Pensions every year about increase or no increase of pension. Germans send a similar letter. This is accepted as proof of retirement at the Thai consulate back home. Finance is another proof e.g. bank statement.

That's correct. However, Brits get a letter from Work&Pensions every year about increase or no increase of pension. Germans send a similar letter. This is accepted as proof of retirement at the Thai consulate back home. Finance is another proof e.g. bank statement.

Those Brits over 50 but not getting a pension (like the Op) won't get that letter.

I don't think financial proof will work to prove retired. How does it prove you are retired if not receiving a pension?

I'm still in process of getting the stamp. They're just waiting for TV to run out.

I just walk into immigration on TV with bank letter showing 800k (AUD + THB) and they transfer across to the right Visa etc.

That started the process but then needed,

- Credit advice from bank showing the funds transferred

- My landlady came with me to show her ID, house books, and contract.

- Updated bank books, statements each time etc

They sent it off to BKK, up to 2 weeks so make sure your current Visa has 15 days on it.

All is good! When this TV nears its end I just go see the bloke, with updated bank details.

Note, what I had never picked up on is the 800k needs the be in the bank 2 - 3 months before, then 2 months after and is not to drop under 400k. Sooner or later this will pop up!

There is no actual I'm retired paperwork.

I actually find it easy to go ask them what is required. Free uninvited advice just confuses the hell out of everything. I try to keep relationship advice to Pattaya and financial advice to Savannakhet...