Self-filing of TM30 in Bangkok

Could someone please  update which documents are required for foreigner renter to file for rental unit(owned by Thai national)

Also what is the maximum fine?

Is it possible to also file this form at One Stop Chamchuri if visa was done there, or does it have to be filed at Chaeng Wattana?

Thank you

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If your extension was issued at the one stop center that is where you have to TM30 report. 

I have though seen reports that they are not asking for them there.

Thank you for your response.  I had never heard anyone mention doing this at One stop before, only at CW, so was confused.  Could someone please confirm what documents from landlord are required to do this?

Not a update but my experience.

About 3 1/2 years ago I used the "all in one" IO in BKK as my local IO.

I filed a TM-30, a TM-28 and TM-47 on the Monday following my after 18:00 move on a friday night. I had made deposits for electric and broadband in advance of my move and the "start or install date" was shown on the receipts.

I presented the following to ONE person upstairs - CHANGED NOW - Passport, utility deposit receipts, security deposit receipt and my Lease, along with all TM paperwork.  The TM-30 signed as "Possessor".

( The IO also filled out a form(?), put 2 stamps on it, I paid 20 or 30bt for the stamps ), stapled 2 computer generated receipts in passport, said "Thank you, you are finished".

Was out the door in about 10 - 12 minutes.

I have NEVER had a negative experience at the 3 different IO's I have used. Have moved 4 times in 6 years.

Edited by edwardflory
information

TM30 compliance is only checked when you visit your provincial IO for an extension of stay.  So you only need to ensure that a TM30 is filed of your current residence when applying for an extension of stay (otherwise your application can be denied).

I understand from your post that you plan to file a TM30 of your current residence, and that can be done anytime.

But be aware that if you file it now and afterwards make a trip and stay at a Hotel some time before your go for your extension of stay at your provincial IO that you need to re-file a TM30 indicating your current residence. 

48 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Maybe the fine has changed, but when they fined me in 2016, it was 1600 but IO told my wife he was only charging u 800.

I was all discussed in Thai.......no idea why 800

The question I was replying to was what is the maximum fine. That, by law, is 2,000 baht.

However, it is usual for offices to charge 800, 1,600, or in a few cases the full 2,000. How they decide on the level of fine is anyone’s guess, but appears to be down to the division or office bosses to decide.

• Like 1