Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Banana7

12 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Oh lovely, another end of the world post.

1.  Sounds like a personal problem in Europe.

2. Does not pertain to tourists.

3. Sounds like a personal problem in Europe.

I am loving the cheap prices and more quiet beaches.  Meanwhile......... on TVF:

End-is-near.png

The whole world is so interlinked now that economic issues can never be just ‘european’. The reason Europe is struggling is largely due to lower exports from the trade war between the US and China which is affecting every country.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

September can be a rainy month so in my 14 trips I only was there once during that time, my first trip actually.  Didn't rain much but I think many travelers wait until Mid October or so.  I was just there in August and I thought the place was very not busy.  Papa Gayo hardly had anybody at any time.  So many of the small beer bars had nobody.  Walking street was packed some nights with lookie loos, but the gogos were not busy at all.  It was almost like a good old fashioned low season used to be. 

I think OP certainly does have a point, but I believe there is more than that.

There is a general trend of political correctness that is getting worse and worse. In the eighties, naked tits were shown on TV at prime time, and in popular Newspapers, nowadays even the British Sun and German Bild had to scale back on mammaries.

It's just one symptom among others (hello stripper bots ?? how sick is that?), but very representative of the weirdness overpowering Western society, at the same time government spying on citizens increases and people make everything public on social media anyways.

My Western Ex has very serious and prolonged arguments with her boyfriend about Facebook posts being visible or not and public relationship status, lol.

17 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Beware of Koh Samat! Huge "Hen" mosquitos plague the island from sunset to first light & then the sand fleas bite your feet to pieces...rip off locals-island from hell from personal experience.

Unless it's changed, it was a garbage dump from end to end last time I visited, and the little village was a disgrace. Meanwhile the park rangers did nothing except collect the money. I never went back. Plenty of nicer beaches.

3 hours ago, tgw said:

I think OP certainly does have a point, but I believe there is more than that.

There is a general trend of political correctness that is getting worse and worse. In the eighties, naked tits were shown on TV at prime time, and in popular Newspapers, nowadays even the British Sun and German Bild had to scale back on mammaries.

It's just one symptom among others (hello stripper bots ?? how sick is that?), but very representative of the weirdness overpowering Western society, at the same time government spying on citizens increases and people make everything public on social media anyways.

My Western Ex has very serious and prolonged arguments with her boyfriend about Facebook posts being visible or not and public relationship status, lol.

Good subject to discuss on Farang Pub.

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

You mean 1995 wages ?

Was that the last year you were renting? Those prices went for many more years.

Pattaya was built on the backs of young Thai women, and now the ones still in the bars just ain't worth what they are asking. It's probably on line now, which means one doesn't have to go to Pattaya anymore to get what one wants.

17 hours ago, Lone Ranger said:

Beware of Koh Samat! Huge "Hen" mosquitos plague the island from sunset to first light & then the sand fleas bite your feet to pieces...rip off locals-island from hell from personal experience.

I can only concur about Koh Samet, stayed 3 nights there once, will never go back.

Koh Chang is a much better choice.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Was that the last year you were renting? Those prices went for many more years.

Pattaya was built on the backs of young Thai women, and now the ones still in the bars just ain't worth what they are asking. It's probably on line now, which means one doesn't have to go to Pattaya anymore to get what one wants.

No , never really been into prostitution , had a few goes when I was younger , bur never got into it as a regular thing

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

This sub forum is not the proper place to discuss such and will only be deleted. The Farang Pub is the proper sub forum for such discussions.

I believe I am on topic, as I think the regression of liberality in the West together with the expansion of surveillance and social media are an important factor in explaining why less and less people go to Pattaya.

5 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

September can be a rainy month so in my 14 trips I only was there once during that time, my first trip actually.  Didn't rain much but I think many travelers wait until Mid October or so.  I was just there in August and I thought the place was very not busy.  Papa Gayo hardly had anybody at any time.  So many of the small beer bars had nobody.  Walking street was packed some nights with lookie loos, but the gogos were not busy at all.  It was almost like a good old fashioned low season used to be. 

The weather has varied for many years now. The old "dry season"/ "wet season" isn't really true anymore, as it can rain any time of year, but it is always hot.

In the past high season started November when it's coolest, and by December everything was full.

Small bar beers haven't had many customers for decades. One has to wonder how they survive, but some of us can guess.

It's a guess, but IMO most of the better looking girls are on line now, so Pattaya is less of an attraction for mongers, and for farangs, that was probably the main attraction, unless one liked golf.

The beach certainly isn't an attraction, and the walkway does not encourage strolling during the day.

BTW, Pattaya business owners could try to put their heads together to think up schemes to attract more people.

One thing could be to offer discount packages, flight + hotel + restaurant + bar + discos.

For example booking at a participating hotel for 2 weeks gives 25% discount on the flight, and 10% discount on everything in those restaurants, bars and discos that take part in the offer.

Another incentive could be given for people actually promoting Pattaya at home.

@Banana7 The best in all of this is your headline: Pattaya is Dead - Lowest Foreigner Visits This Winter

Thanks! I had no clue that the winter was starting in september in Northern Europe. Little me was under the assumption that it was still autumn.

The fun is gone out of travelling to and in Thailand. Last time I travelled to an island, Koh Chang, after the ferry landed on the island, it was 15 to 20 westerners and 3 or 4 Thais in a shouting match about the Rip off taxi prices. One thai kept telling "go home! Go home!" 

I really wanted to go home.

who'd want to go there anyway, except for fat men who couldn't get laid anywhere else! thirty years ago it was okish , ten years ago it was a <deleted>hole and the last time I was there at a language school I swore I'd never go back and have kept my promise!

21 hours ago, RoadWarrior371 said:

Oh lovely, another end of the world post.

1.  Sounds like a personal problem in Europe.

2. Does not pertain to tourists.

3. Sounds like a personal problem in Europe.

I am loving the cheap prices and more quiet beaches.  Meanwhile......... on TVF:

Had many friends from Aus who only come 1-2x a year ask me about the visa situation, They are tourists and I tell them what everyone else has told them as well, You may be denied at the airport depends on the I/O of the day, better to goto vietnam. Guess what they all went to vietnam!!

22 minutes ago, soistalker said:

The fun is gone out of travelling to and in Thailand. Last time I travelled to an island, Koh Chang, after the ferry landed on the island, it was 15 to 20 westerners and 3 or 4 Thais in a shouting match about the Rip off taxi prices. One thai kept telling "go home! Go home!" 

I really wanted to go home.

I took my car. No problem. Off to Buriram for MotoGP in a couple of weeks, quickly followed by a trip to Nong Khai for Wan Auk Pensa and the Banfai Payana festival. Thailan is a great place to travel round and Pattaya is a convenient base to do it from.

Archived