Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

webfact

I'm not holding my breath, nor cheering, based on their past showings of technical incompetence. It's usually half-a**ed stuff that barely works when it works at all.

Plus, needless to say, the claim of a better 90-day reporting app does NOTHING to address the horrible POLICY they have regarding TM30 enforcement.  Yes, it's their law, but somehow, they managed to NOT enforce it for the past couple decades, and that non-enforcement certainly didn't imperil national security.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a new one! Just tried doing my 90 day report online as I always do. In fact tried it twice in the last week and both were rejected. So today sent the paperwork and passport to imigration with my company messenger, and got approved. He asked (as instructed) why the online submittals were rejected and the answer was that I have been in the country for a very long time! In fact I've been in country over 3 years now, have done all my 90 day reports, have started doing the TM30s (new to me after over 20 years in Thaialnd), and in fact had one extension done in that time. For me, this is a new reason to have a 90 day report rejected. Amazing Thailand! Note: This is at One Stop Shop.

I've done 90 day reporting online for the last 4 years. For the most part, it's always been up and running. All the info is saved in Chrome and it can be done in 5 mins. I'm quite tech savvy, but I've had to help a few friends do theirs as not everyone is. 

For me, the big thing is they completely get rid of the TM30. Even if they make it so simple it can be done in 10 seconds, it's something I have to remember to do. And if I don't, I will get fined. For what? Forgetting to tell them I travelled and spent money in another province? 

Get rid of the TM30 completely. It's stupid and it makes the Thai authorities look stupid. 

58 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So, you can go to the IO office and sort it in 10 minute, post it in, and get a receipt back in a week, or use the App and spend days keep checking if it has worked, been accepted etc, and being concerned you may well be fined.

No thanks, I'll stick with current 90 day reporting. Until such time as it works as it should, but they are probably still running on windows 98 !!

Yes the mail option, if allowed, always work (should be unnecessary though, if you haven't changed address).

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

They would be happy if they only have to report if they've changed their address. What's the point in reporting the same address year after year?

I have reported my address every 90 days, 53 times, always the same address.

Last year, oh dear, they found out there was no TM30 for my address submitted, ever.

Well, now have that thing done also, and next Friday 90 day number 54 will be done.

Oh, I forgot to mention, also mentioned my address in 13 extensions of stay.

Would they know my address by now?

Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks since I registered for TM30 online reporting and still no user name / password emailed to me.  I have absolutely no confidence this "meeting" will result in any "good new".  
You'll need to wait 1 year as they can only check 1 application per hour, max 8 per day.

9 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Maybe they did not figure out yet that you are not a criminal either and use logic and save trees by drawing less home drawn maps and the same paperwork each year. Maybe they might even give you a 2 or 3 year visa so it shortens the immigration lines. 

51 minutes ago, hansnl said:

I have reported my address every 90 days, 53 times, always the same address.

Last year, oh dear, they found out there was no TM30 for my address submitted, ever.

Well, now have that thing done also, and next Friday 90 day number 54 will be done.

Despite your contribution, they (the ones running the country) view you the same as they do a random dirty backpacker or foreign criminal. Everyone gets painted with the same brush. They don’t trust foreigners. That’s what xenophobia is. 

It’s silly and unfortunate, but that’s the reality of the situation. 

Well, this report doesn't give you much confidence that anything will be improved if they are not able to admit that much of the  problem lies with their own inability/unwillingness to make a working system to uphold their own get tough laws and requirements. At least from what is reported and as translated, immigration seems to feel that the uproar  is something to do with problems with the reporting applications' ease of use when in fact, from reports on here, seems that the problem has more to do with the online reporting system not functioning properly period, it, in some cases, doesn't work or in some cases you can't even get a login. If they would address all of that, I would be more impressed, but they didn't they decided to not care about the actual problem and make other problems to solve that are more pleasant to consider. But, whatever it is, I am skeptical that anything good will come of this and that until I see something that suggests otherwise, the brokenness of it all will appear only as just a nice thing to have for them, another tool to create problems and confusion which create pre-texts to collect fines. I can't fathom there would be any motivation or will to actually improve things. Bad reports in the international media will soon fade away and the coast will be clear soon to carry on as they like without broken faces. I would also add there is little chance anyone is going to be happy, as the report suggests we will be, with any improvements that may be undertaken as a result of the upcoming meeting. I would agree with many who post on here that at the end of the day it is the idea of the whole thing, it doesn't matter if it has been made to work more smoothly it is still unnecessary and non-sensical to have report ones whereabouts all the time, it is intrusive and is just more data that potentially is open to  being used and abused, it makes everyone staying here that much more uncomfortable and I think Thailand will lose at the end of the day creating more retirees and foreign family and workers who will leave. That is a harm to Thailand not a boost to their security though I would think that is lost on immigration.

i have not found the online application hard to use, it just never works i have applications pending in the system now for years as i do one every 90 days then end up going to the immigration office, which is over an hours drive, and do the application there it takes 5 minutes and drive over an hour home.

i ask every time what about online and every time they we do not do here in Mahasarakham, but i do it anyway next time hoping they might at least advance to the 1990s if not 2019.

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They would be happy if they only have to report if they've changed their address. What's the point in reporting the same address year after year?

Exactly.   There should not be 90 day reporting at all.  No need to report 4 times per year you are staying at the same address.  Just have a requirement to have your permanent address on file and notify them when it changes.

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

I used it (not for the first time) a week ago and have received a successful approval a few days later, but no email confirmation, I had to keep checking progress until I saw an approval notification.

This was on the website, not mobile app.

SITE NOT WORKING NOW

I have lived at the same adress for more than 10 years, and find it hard to understand, why I have to go to immigration every 90 days, just to let them know, that I am still living here.  Why not only report, if there is any change of adress??

Archived