BANGKOK
webfact

Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

I've got a new one! Just tried doing my 90 day report online as I always do. In fact tried it twice in the last week and both were rejected. So today sent the paperwork and passport to imigration with my company messenger, and got approved. He asked (as instructed) why the online submittals were rejected and the answer was that I have been in the country for a very long time! In fact I've been in country over 3 years now, have done all my 90 day reports, have started doing the TM30s (new to me after over 20 years in Thaialnd), and in fact had one extension done in that time. For me, this is a new reason to have a 90 day report rejected. Amazing Thailand! Note: This is at One Stop Shop.

Edited by paulbrow
added info
  • Haha 2

Maybe online TM47 registration will be fixed for people who got a new passport (and TM6 still linked to the old passport) ?

58 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So, you can go to the IO office and sort it in 10 minute, post it in, and get a receipt back in a week, or use the App and spend days keep checking if it has worked, been accepted etc, and being concerned you may well be fined.

No thanks, I'll stick with current 90 day reporting. Until such time as it works as it should, but they are probably still running on windows 98 !!

Yes the mail option, if allowed, always work (should be unnecessary though, if you haven't changed address).

Yes, we get it, you have demonstrated who is in control, now, GET OVER IT!

They are replacing reporting with having to wear electronic ankle bracelets. We need to know where farang is 24/7.

• Like 1

Tomorrow it will be 8 weeks since I registered for TM30 online reporting and still no user name / password emailed to me.  I have absolutely no confidence this "meeting" will result in any "good new".  
You'll need to wait 1 year as they can only check 1 application per hour, max 8 per day.

9 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Oh, I forgot to mention, also mentioned my address in 13 extensions of stay.

Would they know my address by now?

Maybe they did not figure out yet that you are not a criminal either and use logic and save trees by drawing less home drawn maps and the same paperwork each year. Maybe they might even give you a 2 or 3 year visa so it shortens the immigration lines. 

Edited by aqua4
spelling
  • Like 1

Sounds good. Hopefully they are starting the realise that expats are not that bad after all.

• Like 1

...being discussed on Friday...doesn't mean anything is actually going to happen, but we can live and hope.

• Like 1