Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

webfact

It would be nice if Thailand treated visitors, and tourists better, but I will not 

get too excited, after most of us on this forum are not Chinese, so why would they

suddenly want to change anything for us?  I have no confidence in this country

becoming closer to a first class country anytime soon. I guess we can all hope for

some improvements, but expect something to get delayed, or fudged up in the

process.

Geezer

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

And reporting within 24 hours after flying 20 hours, impossible to get home and report in that time frame, what will they do about that? 

Wrong, what are you going to do about that, it's not their problem is it, it's yours ! They couldn't careless, they have no interest in ease or convenience because they don't have to do it.

9 hours ago, Psimbo said:

First reply to the topic and you achieved that!

How dare they have the temerity to try and improve things- what will the chest beaters and renderers of clothes down at the Pub of Muchfrothing do now?

Love the "Pub of Muchfrothing" - clever much. 

I think the good visitors that visit any nation should not be oppressed in any way,  they brought their money to you,  don't chase them away with ur laws, rules and regulations, u can chase them that are in sin. Thailand is good place to stay I am telling the truth, a place where by you hardly see people fighting or quarreling over issue, Thailand is place where system works, the government is trying their best I can tell you that, the authority is doing fine... But not all the time that is why there are human they can make mistake. God bless Thailand and let there be peace in the land.  Amen

The biggest problem will be the loss of income for IO officers from the agents they "help" to process these forms. I hope for the best but I won't hold my breath. Maybe they will get the app working and just ask us to take the paperwork we print from the app down to the immigration office to wait in line to process it.... 

17 hours ago, Nickthegreek said:

Heaven forbid one day we might get treated like adults and only report once a year like other normal places 

So when a Thai has to report every 30 days to UK Immigration its because they are a normal place?? The UK makes Thailand look like it has no borders and no rules.

17 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Yes 90 day for me is just done while we do the shopping ,but i do feel sorry for the poor sods who live in the back of beyond

Well also feel sorry for the poor sods who like to travel atound a bit and have to do TM30 when they live 1 1/2 hors from IO

20 hours ago, dcnx said:

Yes! All we have to do is get a bar code tattooed on our necks. It will auto scan us as we move around the country.

Yes that's better than ankle bracelets.  Then when we go in Tesco or Central etc they can automatically take the money for purchases out of the 800k we have in the bank.  Downside is probably need neck restamping every 90 days so have to visit immigration stamping centre.  Definitely could work .

50 minutes ago, Phil_Pattaya said:

Just read this. 183992F5-10CA-48FA-8DD6-FE302825EA68.thumb.png.9a6b1d1b1d67c5543f338c883726aa6a.png

Excellent news, I grabbed a screenshot before they change their minds!!

I wonder if this includes marriage and retirement visas though? Doesn't seem to be on the list of tourists, business people etc.

Updated the app on the App Store.  (Re)registered and received notice to standby and wait for email notification.

Ding... next day received email notification to click here to activate.  Clicked.

Went to app and entered email and password and shazam!  The app presented me with Notification staying over 90 days (TM-47), a whole bunch (2 pages) of wording and an accept terms and conditions and presto... the TM-47 application.  I didn't go any further as not time to do mine.  Update this only if its a fail.

The TM6 app update worked out similarly, but no registering...can't remember if I did already or if it's even necessary.  I'll give it a try when leaving, but thinking might have to do the arrival card using the app to have a departure card on the app.   

5 hours ago, Phil_Pattaya said:

Just read this. 183992F5-10CA-48FA-8DD6-FE302825EA68.thumb.png.9a6b1d1b1d67c5543f338c883726aa6a.png

Worth mentioning again: that's TM28, not TM30. There's no excemption for TM30. TM28 is the 24h moving to other province one that needs to be done by the aliens, that they haven't enforced yet, at least not in all places.

After they now find out there actually is a clause in the immigration act, 37 (3) and (4), and retirees and married were added post 1979 without adding an exception for them, it might well be that TM28 is added to the pile of red tape the evil aliens have to deal with. This was covered in an earlier thread in TVF, complete with the relevant pieces of regulations.

The cartoon looks like an attempt of the immigration to try to cover the negative publicity that's been created. Keep the pressure on, only way anything will change here is by force. The force of the social media in this case.

So - if I understand this news correctly the TM28 is scrapped (fine - don't think I have ever made one) but still my wife, who must be considered my "landlord", have to report that I again have attended our common bed within 24 hrs after I/we have been out of the Province for more than 24 hrs? So she still, according to the law, must drive 125 km to the IMO and 125 km back just to do the TM30? 

14 minutes ago, mrbfly said:

So - if I understand this news correctly the TM28 is scrapped (fine - don't think I have ever made one) but still my wife, who must be considered my "landlord", have to report that I again have attended our common bed within 24 hrs after I/we have been out of the Province for more than 24 hrs? So she still, according to the law, must drive 125 km to the IMO and 125 km back just to do the TM30? 

The TM28 is not entirely scrapped. If an expat on retirement visa moves to another province both the TM28 and TM30 has to be submitted at the new Immigration office. Then he can start doing the 90 days reports and 1 year extensions.

On 9/13/2019 at 11:22 AM, Nowisee said:

Updated the app on the App Store.  (Re)registered and received notice to standby and wait for email notification.

Ding... next day received email notification to click here to activate.  Clicked.

Went to app and entered email and password and shazam!  The app presented me with Notification staying over 90 days (TM-47), a whole bunch (2 pages) of wording and an accept terms and conditions and presto... the TM-47 application.  I didn't go any further as not time to do mine.  Update this only if its a fail.

The TM6 app update worked out similarly, but no registering...can't remember if I did already or if it's even necessary.  I'll give it a try when leaving, but thinking might have to do the arrival card using the app to have a departure card on the app.   

What is the name of the app? Thanks

On 9/12/2019 at 1:18 PM, mtls2005 said:

The mobile app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.go.immigration.immeService

is easier to use than the web-based app.

The whole new passport thing must be addressed, but think that code is buried in the legacy web app.

Does his app also work for 90 days reporting?

Archived