BANGKOK
webfact

Good news coming for expats regarding 90 day reporting - TM 28 and TM 30 being discussed Friday

Ah give them a chance.

They must realize that this paper trail is unnecessary in this day in age.

Hopefully they take our concerns on board and give us an electronic method which is fast and reliable.  

that sounds great, but as long as each immigration office in the different provinces runs according to their own rules, it doesn't matter if they have apps or website that run perfectly, I live in Nong Khai and I can't report TM47  online, I have tried many times and I have asked why, and only get one answer, can not be done.  Fortunately, I live close to immigration, so that's not a big problem for me.  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the system where you pay an X amount at immigration and then can stay for a whole year.

Something similar like how visas were obtained 10 years ago.

They'll discuss immigration rules on Friday the 13th. Where's Freddie when you need him.

It's fairly obvious though: add all long term (1y) stay permit holders to the Thai civil system (yellow book) and make other short term temps do the TM30's. It's a bastardized version of the real deal of getting a PR but probably the best we could hope for. Needs a law change.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

Expect more total  and  utter  BS  nonsense to emerge

Plus the story is based on second hand information supposedly mentioned by another politician, poor reporting indeed.

• Like 1

is it all becoming to little too late 

I read a number of Expats have started to leave Phuket 

and similar things are happening all over the country 

I think it lets close the stable gates before the horses bolt me thinks to late 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

fast, easy and reliable, well that will be a first. 

Like online 90 day reporting......I submitted it OK last March but it is still showing as 'pending'..🤪!

• Haha 1

as i am never in thailand for more than 90 days, i could not care less about the tm 47.

It is the other idiocy that rankles, and i highly doubt they are backing down.

It takes me less than 30 min to do the 90 day report, whats the big deal it can be done by mail as well.

7 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

as i am never in thailand for more than 90 days, i could not care less about the tm 47.

It is the other idiocy that rankles, and i highly doubt they are backing down.

I have the Elite visa & come and go every month. I have no visa, TM30 or 90 day report woes whatsoever....

BUT, I do care, because I see others affected by the idiotic and unnecessary regulations which could affect me in future. I therefore have high hopes that this whole facade is met with common sense for the benefit of everyone concerned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

The term 'when pigs fly' comes to mind.

Expect more confusion in the months ahead.

Why would they make it easier for us here?

Think about it..

I'm nervous of what might be 

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

fast, easy and reliable, well that will be a first. 

I've just knocked up my 42nd 90 days reporting at my local office.. online only worked 3 times for me !!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Like online 90 day reporting......I submitted it OK last March but it is still showing as 'pending'..🤪!

So whats your gripe 555 its pending 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They would be happy if they only have to report if they've changed their address. What's the point in reporting the same address year after year?

What is the point of 90-day reporting, period? And the alternative of being made to leave the country every 90 days with what is supposed to be a visa valid for a year? Really, what is the point? What disaster would befall the country if foreigners were able to live an entire year in Thailand without having to visit immigration, often to give them information they already hold?

• Like 2