Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

webfact

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

1) Every foreign resident must own an operational cell phone.

2) The cell phone must be on your person at all times, including in the shower.

3) Your location will be monitored continuously.

4) If you do not take our random robot calls within 3 rings your bank account will be reduced by 5000 baht for each missed call. 

IO thank you for so smart suggestions

Why is this thread being allowed to run?!....the TM30 is required for "national security!"   

Oh sorry, I didn't mean above as I was having an uncontrolled seizure caused by the immigration-implanted GPS tracking device...they really shouldn't implant it so close to the brain.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow.

so signing the petition started the conversation in the media and lead to the big meeting with expats and the press and now some forward motion. for sure some blow back from Thai business owners and super big international companies with thousands of workers.

I signed the petition, unlike some afraid immigration may target them. 

57 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

I signed the petition, unlike some afraid immigration may target them. 

I heard a story of a multi national co asking IO who will do the work on Mondays when there well paid staff are reporting there return home after spending bucks on weekends away, that comment would for sure make some sit up, and the comments this law has been in force since i believe 1947 maybe true but the first i heard if it was April 2019 

52 minutes ago, generealty said:

If they really do change it then lets all hope its give us a little more freedom and not LESS. Beware of what you wish for especially from a Military Government

The devil will be in the detail and for sure we can expect a TM•• something 

On 9/12/2019 at 1:53 PM, reargunnerph3 said:

TM30's are outdated, 90 day reports are outdated, photo copies of everything for immigration is outdated. If you meet the requirements for a Retirement or Marriage Visa you should be free to live in Thailand for at least a year. My wife has Australian Permanent Residence she does not have to report to anyone and after 4 years can apply for citizenship. Just my opinion.

Yes, Yes AND Yes! Agree 100%!
Never had any problem with my extensions under all the yrs i been living in this country, but SO much BS for nothing, and it does absolutely NOTHING GOOD for the country, OR us...

On 9/13/2019 at 12:03 PM, Almer said:

I heard a story of a multi national co asking IO who will do the work on Mondays when there well paid staff are reporting there return home after spending bucks on weekends away, that comment would for sure make some sit up, and the comments this law has been in force since i believe 1947 maybe true but the first i heard if it was April 2019 

1979,not 1947. 

25 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

1979,not 1947. 

Current version is 1979. I remember tracking it's predecessors to the 50's  but for the life of me can't find what I wrote down here on TVF. I vaguely remember some, but not all reporting requirements were there before the current version. 

If somebody is interested, you can trace them back by checking what law the version you have is superceding, it's always in the headers. Then go dig deep in archives.

8 1/2 weeks and finally got my username / password but took some intervention. 

It took 3 weeks for my status to change from ‘Pending’ to ‘Registration Successfully – wait for email…”. Last week I resubmitted everything online again like new and nothing. Just resubmitted all again like new this evening. An email came for email verification right away. Clicked on it and bang got an email with user name and password. Took me 30 minutes to get all the info entered for the 3 of us clicked save and seemed to work (with Chrome). Logged out then back in and all the data was gone. Downloaded the Android App to my phone. First it said the App isn’t available for my region (go figure I’m in Thailand?). Used my computer and G-mail to access the App to sinq with my phone and then downloaded to my phone. Has a neat feature to take a picture of passport but quite finicky and had to correct some data. There is no option for 1 Year Non-Imm Visa but I read someone who had talked with Immigration to just put Non-Imm 90. Seems to have worked. House arrest is over it seems. 

On 9/12/2019 at 11:57 AM, webfact said:

He was tight lipped about exactly what these would entail saying there were many things to consider such as the economy, tourism and national security. 

LOL.

I always have to chuckle when they invoke "national security."

If the TM30 requirements are about national security, then why wait until four years after the Erawan Shrine bombing to implement the changes in Bangkok?

23 hours ago, fusion58 said:

LOL.

I always have to chuckle when they invoke "national security."

If the TM30 requirements are about national security, then why wait until four years after the Erawan Shrine bombing to implement the changes in Bangkok?

It was still in committee review....Thai time can be a l.....o......n......g time.

Archived