Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

webfact

15 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

wow.

so signing the petition started the conversation in the media and lead to the big meeting with expats and the press and now some forward motion. for sure some blow back from Thai business owners and super big international companies with thousands of workers.

Well lets  see but of course many TV members are too timid to fart in their own homes in case it breaks a law.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, apalink_thailand said:

I think its more like the Immigration Department staff themselves who are complaining up the chain about all the excess paperwork. 

Why would they care about the peasants working there? 

It is because money walks and <deleted> talks, foreign businesses champers are complaining, news look bad on thailand.

The only thing that ever matters is money. 

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

wow.

so signing the petition started the conversation in the media and lead to the big meeting with expats and the press and now some forward motion. for sure some blow back from Thai business owners and super big international companies with thousands of workers.

Japanese  complained heavily, have first hand experience of this.

13 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

that is all there is on this forum. not a good place to judge much of anything except where to buy paint.

Thai paints  rubbish! hahaha no really  spent 30 years  as a  painter not in Thailand.

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

have you learned your lesson? will everyone please dress nicely going to immigration from now on?

or are you going to continue to disrespect Thai culture every chance you get?

Its only logical to dress polite when going to immigration.. I want something of them.. better to please them then to get in trouble. 

14 minutes ago, apalink_thailand said:

I think its more like the Immigration Department staff themselves who are complaining up the chain about all the excess paperwork. 

That's a good point, and actually my thought was that we should have organized a "do your TM30 day" to flood all IOs, rather than a petition.

19 minutes ago, apalink_thailand said:

They ARE  complaining but they  say they have to  follow  orders, Thai society and all that.

31 minutes ago, Dexlowe said:

Is it just me? Or are others feeling a little cynical? It's not the Thai way to suddenly admit unequivocal defeat to foreigners. Remember the old racist expression about an "Indian giver"? But I sincerely hope I'm misguided. 😋

Always a pleasure to have "old racist expressions" dredged back up.....🙄

This is very good news. With an administration that is the polar opposite of progressive, evolutionary, smart, efficient, and competent, the only way anything positive is ever going to happen, is if there is enough pressure from the business community, ex-pats, embassies, and from international embarrassment, humiliation, and egg on the face. 

That combined with the mass exodus of ex-pats, who are good people, with significant incomes, who make a real contribution to the nation, and the economy, and the decline in tourism, has resulted in embarrassment for this administration, and I guess at least one smart person is making some good decisions. The TM-30 needs to be scrapped altogether, liberalized significantly, or limited to Burmese and foreign workers, with a far more simplified system. 

This law does not need to be changed, it needs to be cancelled altogether.  There are no need to controle and regulate where each foreign individual goes within and outside Thailand.  Already each foreign individual is under time restriction via the issuance of a visa and a 90 days residential report exist if a need arises to contact an individual within the country. 

If Thailand prefered non-Asian visitors (married or retired) to live here, this can be regulated  via the already existing visa system.

Archived