Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

webfact

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mean while fines will continue to be strictly issued.

I am still very <deleted> they fined me 3,000 Baht when I changed my families BOI Visas from Charmjuree to Retirement at Changwattana. There was no reasoning with them (at CW) when I said Charmjuree didn't require a TM30.  But I have seen some saying that Charmjuree now requires a TM30 as well. 

These Immigration people are worse than the taxi scammers and doing far more damage to Thailand's image and reputation. 

I also been waiting 55 days for my user name/password. Total sham. 

It was the tail that had lost contact with the head. It served no purpose other than to goad and scapegoat the foreigner

- and a group of foreigners who are few in number, largely patriotic to their adopted country (peace to many unfortunately on this forum), of positive value economically to the country, impart voluntarily or at least happily their Western skills and language, and make great ambassadors for Thailand abroad.

Be nice to foreigners! It's win-win!!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He was tight lipped about exactly what these would entail saying there were many things to consider such as the economy, tourism and national security. 

We're gonna have to pay for our own ankle-bracelets, right.

And it'll be the AB-200 model.

And get ankle-bracelet insurance.

And file a TM30AB each time our ankle-bracelet leaves/returns the province/country.

39 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

That's a good point, and actually my thought was that we should have organized a "do your TM30 day" to flood all IOs, rather than a petition.

Too many "wouldn't say  boo to a  goose"  members on TV, judging by some replies when it kicked  off. All moaning about the wording of the petition and then the anonymity of it etc etc blah blah blah.

Thankfully someone  who didn't even need to do this tm30 saw it as a problem and  stood  up to it. Thank you.

Although..it isn't over yet.

9 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Mean while fines will continue to be strictly issued.

I am still very <deleted> they fined me 3,000 Baht when I changed my families BOI Visas from Charmjuree to Retirement at Changwattana. There was no reasoning with them (at CW) when I said Charmjuree didn't require a TM30.  But I have seen some saying that Charmjuree now requires a TM30 as well. 

These Immigration people are worse than the taxi scammers and doing far more damage to Thailand's image and reputation. 

I also been waiting 55 days for my user name/password. Total sham. 

I have reported that CW have stopped temporarily fining people but NO ONE seemed to pick up on this a few  days ago, I wanted anyone here to clarify if they had been fined in the last few  days? now the announcement of change.

OK.. Now the next protest should be about having to do "Runs" when married to a Thai citizen.

Once married you should NOT have to deal with all that rubbish. 

My wife can live in my home country because she is married to a citizen,  this should be a reciprocal agreement.

Or should I be writing this to the chief himself.. I'm sure he will see sense 😂 haha

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

Is it just me? Or are others feeling a little cynical? It's not the Thai way to suddenly admit unequivocal defeat to foreigners. Remember the old racist expression about an "Indian giver"? But I sincerely hope I'm misguided. 😋

Cynicism and negativity on Thai Visa '.  Some things never change.

Referring to it as "unequivocal defeat to foreigners" before any change has been made or the details known appears to be a case of premature ejaculation and ignores the fact that local businesses, a business chamber and departments within the government itself have recognized the problems being created.

Immigrations has been receptive to diplomatically stated issues raised by embassies. Before several embassies withdrew from issuing income certification, immigration had wanted such letters to be valid for a very short period, the embassies explained why that would cause difficulties and immigrations then allowed them to be valid for six months, as a fairly recent example.

!

Archived