BANGKOK
webfact

Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

Mean while fines will continue to be strictly issued.

I am still very <deleted> they fined me 3,000 Baht when I changed my families BOI Visas from Charmjuree to Retirement at Changwattana. There was no reasoning with them (at CW) when I said Charmjuree didn't require a TM30.  But I have seen some saying that Charmjuree now requires a TM30 as well. 

These Immigration people are worse than the taxi scammers and doing far more damage to Thailand's image and reputation. 

I also been waiting 55 days for my user name/password. Total sham. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Mean while fines will continue to be strictly issued.

I am still very <deleted> they fined me 3,000 Baht when I changed my families BOI Visas from Charmjuree to Retirement at Changwattana. There was no reasoning with them (at CW) when I said Charmjuree didn't require a TM30.  But I have seen some saying that Charmjuree now requires a TM30 as well. 

These Immigration people are worse than the taxi scammers and doing far more damage to Thailand's image and reputation. 

I also been waiting 55 days for my user name/password. Total sham. 

I have reported that CW have stopped temporarily fining people but NO ONE seemed to pick up on this a few  days ago, I wanted anyone here to clarify if they had been fined in the last few  days? now the announcement of change.

things have moved on in the last 40 years..

yeah, we have GPS and microchips now

"look what we can do with our pets boss"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

Why can't the naysayers and the cynics wait just one day to see what ACTUALLY happens from Friday's TM30 Summit? 

where's the fun in that? :cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With all the negative coverage this had to happen eventually. I am not expecting it to be scrapped, but they will have to make some easier changes. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dexlowe said:

Is it just me? Or are others feeling a little cynical? It's not the Thai way to suddenly admit unequivocal defeat to foreigners. Remember the old racist expression about an "Indian giver"? But I sincerely hope I'm misguided. 😋

Cynicism and negativity on Thai Visa '.  Some things never change.

Referring to it as "unequivocal defeat to foreigners" before any change has been made or the details known appears to be a case of premature ejaculation and ignores the fact that local businesses, a business chamber and departments within the government itself have recognized the problems being created.

Immigrations has been receptive to diplomatically stated issues raised by embassies. Before several embassies withdrew from issuing income certification, immigration had wanted such letters to be valid for a very short period, the embassies explained why that would cause difficulties and immigrations then allowed them to be valid for six months, as a fairly recent example.

!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1