BANGKOK
webfact

Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

14 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Because we're all still waiting for the "definitely promised, gonna happen don't you worry about that" announcement about mandatory health insurance from two or three weeks ago

and i'm still smarting from the BIG announcement of a new multiple entry tourist visa to replace the outdated double entry..

2 weeks later we found out we'd need 5K in the bank for 6 months and letters from our employers. gee, thanks.

or the non-ox 10 year visa.. followed by 3M, mandatory health, etc, etc

or the digital nomad savior - the 'smart' visa ie 200K month min earnings

all touted big, all total <deleted>shows

so excuse me if i'll wait for the 'details' this time

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ianezy0 said:

TM 30? What eez deez leetle form?

I don't think I've set eyes upon one in the 9 years of being in and around this country, I could be wrong in thinking that though 

Edited by Globe Trotter
  • Thanks 1

Just now, reargunnerph3 said:

TM30's are outdated, 90 day reports are outdated, photo copies of everything for immigration is outdated. If you meet the requirements for a Retirement or Marriage Visa you should be free to live in Thailand for at least a year. My wife has Australian Permanent Residence she does not have to report to anyone and after 4 years can apply for citizenship. Just my opinion.

Clearly you don't understand that Thailand is the centre of all that is perfect and good and true, so regulations have to exist to keep the riff-raff out by limiting the time anyone who isn't Thai can spend here

• Like 2

I am perhaps being too cynical here, but I cannot see such a big cash cow being dumped. Maybe this head of Immigration will have a desk next to big joke..............fingers crossed I am wrong and that there will be good news soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I hope something will come from this but I wont hold my breath. 

If they really have to change the law, it will take a few years at least...

BBC Thai said that Lt-Gen Sompong had called the 1979 regulations out of date and there needed to be changes to bring them in line with the modern day situation in Thailand. 

So come soon, the digital shackles

Sorry people, this is western thinking and im pretty sure if this stupidity was rectified something else will cost more, or more stupid rules will be introduced. Farang cant complain!

Im making a complaint now anyway though just to throw this one out there... "corruption"...can we start a petition? 

The optimist in me said 'is this some light at the end of the tunnel?" Then the realist said 'No,it’s just some <deleted> with a torch bringing me more <deleted>!" ...

• Like 1

Exceptionally good news if it is going to result in action, rather than just talk, which is what we see most of the time.
Be careful what we wish for until we see the actual details if any and how they are enforced.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2