BANGKOK
webfact

Immigration chief: TM 30 law is outdated and needs to change

2 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Exceptionally good news if it is going to result in action, rather than just talk, which is what we see most of the time.

Well you better pray to our Falang gods.....

• Haha 1

I'm so happy I ignored this whole nonsense to date. I should have filed (or my landlord should have) at least five times now since they started enforcing it. 

A while back I heard from my landlord the whole thing was going to change - she has reliable sources from Immigration HQ.

Now if they can just fix the clusterfXck at the airports.

2 minutes ago, phkauf said:

I'm so happy I ignored this whole nonsense to date. I should have filed (or my landlord should have) at least five times now since they started enforcing it. 

A while back I heard from my landlord the whole thing was going to change - she has reliable sources from Immigration HQ.

Now if they can just fix the clusterfXck at the airports.

The last time I flew back into Thailand the girl at immigration behind the desk was too busy giggling and saying handsome man and forgot to stamp my passport and I had to give it back to her and remind her how to do her job.

• Haha 2

In Thailand change is rarely for the better, so TM30 may change, but for better or for worse?

• Like 1

They don't want to throw away those monitoring bracelets that you can slip off. 

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow.

so signing the petition started the conversation in the media and lead to the big meeting with expats and the press and now some forward motion. for sure some blow back from Thai business owners and super big international companies with thousands of workers.

Don't count your chickens yet, it could always end up being worse...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh no ! I have never filled one and would never, but they are going to change it ! So sad that I am not one of the very smart people who were worried about this BS form 🙂

• Confused 2

I'm sure the idea of a piece of paper with some written down information has been properly assessed as pointless in a modern connected hi tech society and what is really needed in these dangerous times of transnational crime is full time 24/7/365 GPS tracked video surveillance of each and every foreigner on Thai soil. To this end a budget will be approved to study, design and procure a system to this end. From this the pensions of many people will be provided.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

wow.

so signing the petition started the conversation in the media and lead to the big meeting with expats and the press and now some forward motion. for sure some blow back from Thai business owners and super big international companies with thousands of workers.

THEY DONT LIKE US DONT WANT US time to get out

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1