Scams with overseas jobs for teachers

WonnabeBiker

Have you been getting cold calls? Bangladesh, China, ...?

What's the angle? The foreign teacher books a one-way flight to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Then what?

Or wil there be a request for Western Union payment for the security deposit of the apartment or something? Just wondering!

20 hours ago, WonnabeBiker said:

The foreign teacher books a one-way flight to Dhaka, Bangladesh. Then what?

Then the foreign "teacher" emails mom and dad for the money for a flight home and to get a replacement passport?

If/When they queried about your qualifications, did they ask if you had two healthy kidneys?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you mean the recent job offer in Dhaka, it's not a rip-off. A friend of mine has started there and receives $ 2,000 Can/month.

I've had applied for the job, but then decided not to leave LOS and informed a friend who is now employed by them. It seems to be okay.

• 5 weeks later...

ISR? Sadly, they are behind a pay wall. 

Turnover by CTS / CTiS in Dhaka is staggering and will accellerate dramatically next month. (Many teachers will be leaving in December). 

Anyon going? Here are my 2 cents' worth of advice:

- make sure you get proof of a)  the E-VISA and b) the WP having been applied for. They might just invent some b.s. and then make false promises ("you will get a doctor's note / we will reimburse the overstay fine")

In Thailand, you might end up in a (IDC) cell and get deported, then blacklisted! 

You might get a toxic boss and encounter begging security & cleaning staff besides slaughter of cows on the road.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:42 PM, onlycw said:

ISR? Sadly, they are behind a pay wall. 

Turnover by CTS / CTiS in Dhaka is staggering and will accellerate dramatically next month. (Many teachers will be leaving in December). 

Anyon going? Here are my 2 cents' worth of advice:

- make sure you get proof of a)  the E-VISA and b) the WP having been applied for. They might just invent some b.s. and then make false promises ("you will get a doctor's note / we will reimburse the overstay fine")

In Thailand, you might end up in a (IDC) cell and get deported, then blacklisted! 

You might get a toxic boss and encounter begging security & cleaning staff besides slaughter of cows on the road.

I'd have thought that you'd know better words for these diligent women who help foreigners a bit to relax. 

But no worries, mate, I've heard worse words before. 

I've accidentally hit a cow in Goa 40 years ago and I can call myself lucky that I could get my thingy ( a Royal Enfield Bullet) up in a second and ride away before some guys were lynching me.

Holy cow were my thoughts. 

On 9/13/2019 at 9:06 AM, Suradit69 said:

Then the foreign "teacher" emails mom and dad for the money for a flight home and to get a replacement passport?

If/When they queried about your qualifications, did they ask if you had two healthy kidneys?

Last time when I was there, they wanted to take my liver away. 

But short before the cut, the must have realised that my liver was worse than the guy's, who needed it. 

Why do you make so much fuss about a kidney? Most people have a spare one. 

No need to call mom and dad, just open up a GFM page, they're okay with any lies, because they get a good percentage.

Headline: Innocent foreigner who wanted to start teaching in Dhaka, got raped by 200 older women, then robbed by 2,000 men and finally ripped off by 20,000 people.

Now he's trapped in a wooden brothel and needs $ 20,000 to get out of it.

Archived