Transferring money out? I have a good place!

5 minutes ago, ThePioneer said:

So you transferred 3603 GBP and received 139.800 THAI BAHT in your UK account?

My question was how many GBP did you sent and how many GBP actually arrived in your UK account

I didn't 'send' any GBP. You're not following the thread.

I sent Thai baht... here are the numbers...

OUT - 139,842 (inc. fees)

IN - £3,603.18

(You do the math!)

4 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I'm not going to post it because it's private information

But on my transfer slip

Remit amount                xx,xxx,xxx baht

commission                       550.00 baht

Bank charge                       850.00 baht

Total                             xx,xx1,350 baht

I paid the bank charges in cash 

Look at line 2 Swift/Telex for USD 550 baht per transaction, and 800 baht per document, I had one document, so perhaps I got done for 50 baht?

No not in the fees, but you were probably done in the exchange rate

image.png.ff077bc60c50d92aadd674989f1859de.png

image.png.603df683465e02087a5a6d7486a9b10f.png

1 hour ago, killerbeez said:

I didn't 'send' any GBP. You're not following the thread.

I sent Thai baht... here are the numbers...

OUT - 139,842 (inc. fees)

IN - £3,603.18

(You do the math!)

Assuming the Bt1,300 sending fee you mentioned in the OP was the only fee then subtracting Bt1,300 from Bt139,842 that leaves Bt138,542 for exchange/to be sent.  In receiving £3,603.18 that equates to a 38.45 exchange rate; not the 37.95 rate in the OP.

That 38.45 rate received was significantly worst than all Thai bank TT Selling Rates on the date of transfer shown in post #6.   When transferring money out a person wants the lowest rate as fewer baht is need to be forked out for whatever foreign currency is be bought/sent.

Since a Thai banks would have charged the same sending fee of approx Bt1,300 (e.g., Bangkok Bank would have been Bt1,200) and using the average TT Selling Rate for Thai banks shown in post #6 of 38.02, sending the Bt138,542 would have resulted in £3,643.92 arriving your UK bank.  

Since this thread has mutated into various ways and costs associated with transferring funds "out of Thailand," if the OP had used Western Union "online" sending same Bt139,842 today/14 Sep he would have received £3630.40 in 1 to 3 business days.  See below snapshot...and below is actual...not an estimate.  But I expect he didn't know about it....heck, I only just very recently found out about it.

I know, I know, when you hear Western Union most people automatically think (for good reason) a rip-off exchange rate which is generally true for using WU to send money "to Thailand."  But for sending money "out of Thailand," repeat, out of Thailand they are very competitive with Thai banks "and with a lot less hassle...you can do it from the comfort of your computer keyboard at your home."   

You can go to this ThaiVisa thread started by Hal65 on 19 Aug 2019 and read the actual WU transfer experiences Hal65, Somewhere in Time, and I had very recently in sending money out of Thailand using Western Union online--all three of us were very satisfied with our WU transfers.  Initially in Hal65's thread I was skeptical....but digging into it it turned out to be an easy, fast, and very competitive way to send money out of Thailand.   Can't believe I'm saying this about WU....especially the very competitive part....but it is what it is. 

https://central.th.wu.com/send_money

image.png.7bda902efff0c212518ed125b80a6794.png

Archived