Fletch's Solution to TM30 and TM28 and 90 Days and extension of stay and and etc etc

Fletch's solution to TM30 and TM28 and 90 Days

1) Find yourself a decent Thai partner who you trust

2) Get married. Optional, but Helps with so many things. Bonus: you can then get extensions based on marriage

3) Buy your own home. Either in your name (condo) or wife's name (condo, house etc).

Bonus: No need to worry or whinge about exchange rates on Thai Visa

Bonus: You lose cheap Charlie and farang kee neaow status

Tip: Review you've done steps 1 and 2 properly first

4) Register for TM30 online, and receive your ID and password.

Tip: Online can be either via the website:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

or

Download the mobile app called "Section 38" with a description "Notification of Residence" onto your electronic device. Particularly suitable for Thai wives who are always on their phone

Tip: Best done all in Thai, with Thai ID, Thai documentation such as Tabian Bahn. So getting your Thai partner/wife make things easier. Mrs.Smile received same day access

Tip: TM30 is the responsibility of the house-master, owner, possessor or hotel manager

Tip: If you successfully completed steps 1,2,3 above then you have the easiest solution of either you or your partner/wife doing it online in minutes

5) Log in and report TM 30 online. as and when you see fit in accordance with your morals and view of life. Online really is very easy.

Tip: Make sure there are no spaces after your user ID or password. Otherwise you get told wrong password.

Bearing in mind:

i) make sure TM30 is done as a minimum:

A) when you first arrive in the country from the airport and

B) just before you do any official visits to bureaucracy, such as extension of stay or getting a cert of residence for a driving licence etc. Print a copy of your recording it in the system using the search function or when you input it as your evidence a TM30 is done.

Otherwise you leave yourself open to bureaucrats not progressing your official business, so causing hassles for staying, driving etc

Tip: While it is not necessarily your responsibility to record the TM30, that may not stop immigration officers causing hassle for you if it isn't done. They can and do sometimes decide that without the TM30 you can't proceed

ii) if you stay in a hotel, they will update you in the system from their records, so it could look odd if you/your partner don't record the return in the system, so if you want a complete nice looking audit trail you'll need to update your TM 30 details on return.

TIP: This is in contrast to a trip to nakorn nowhere where you stay at a private residence and nobody does anything for your temporary visit, so there is nothing to do for your return and so they match nicely. 

TIP: Official law is that TM30 needs updating every time you change where you're staying even if just visiting for a few days. Until recently this was ignored by more or less everyone except hotels etc

6) TM 28 then nicely follows on:

A) No need to do anything on first arriving in Thailand. They already have your TM6 arrival card

B) If you travel and stay somewhere outside your main normal residence. This then depends on your views on life:

i) go and say hello at a local police station every time you go anywhere. This is the official law that until recently everyone ignored

Tip: Take copies of the TM28 form and a copy of the Section 37 poster (or show your iPad phone etc) in Thai explaining <what TF> you're doing and why you are there as there's a very good chance they won't have a clue.

Tip: This is the official law that until recently everyone ignored.

Tip: TM28 is the responsibility of the alien

Downer: TM 28 has to be done in person or Power of Attorney for someone else to do and is a manual paperwork exercise. As well as copying your passport page photo, visa page, entry stamp etc. There is no online, no app for TM28 and no plans for either

or
ii) Ignore it and pay a fine which could be around THB 800, as part of your fees for the "privelege" of being here, in the event they take an interest
In the knowledge that your TM30 is all in order and they have your address in their systems anyway, so you didn't think you needed to. Particularly if your wife has done the TM30's online

7) 90 Days reporting. This runs in parallel.

Register and do it online not more than 15 days before due to report and not less than 7 days. Otherwise they won't let you use the system, and like you go go and say hello in person:

Online reporting website is here:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

or

Download the app called: "IMMeService"

Result: SORTED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: No responsibility whatsoever is accepted for people who have no sense of humour when reading this. As with all things immigration in Thailand, immigration offices and officers may decide to do things differently. This is my solution for me. If it helps you fine. If not or you disagree with anything I really don't care.

Cheers

Fletch ????

Edited by fletchsmile
  • Haha 1

You forgot to add the bit that you can only get the log on name and password from the changwat you registered in.

I was under the miss-knowledge that Thai Immigration was a national body. Silly me.
I registered in the app in the Kalasin province. After 4 weeks and not yet getting my username and PW, I went to see the Kalasin immigration, but my GPs got the location wrong. (Sometimes wifey does get things wrong).
So, being pressed for time for an appointment in Korat on our way to our other house in Pattaya I thought I would just get the username and PW from Pattaya imm when I went to report for my Pattaya stay. After usual confusion, they said I can't get the username and PW for the app from Pattaya as I registered in Kalasin.
My thinkin is that the app TM30 submitted go to each Changwat and then someone has to manually upload them into the national system. Seems like a security flaw to me.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

You forgot to add the bit that you can only get the log on name and password from the changwat you registered in.

I was under the miss-knowledge that Thai Immigration was a national body. Silly me.
I registered in the app in the Kalasin province. After 4 weeks and not yet getting my username and PW, I went to see the Kalasin immigration, but my GPs got the location wrong. (Sometimes wifey does get things wrong).
So, being pressed for time for an appointment in Korat on our way to our other house in Pattaya I thought I would just get the username and PW from Pattaya imm when I went to report for my Pattaya stay. After usual confusion, they said I can't get the username and PW for the app from Pattaya as I registered in Kalasin.
My thinkin is that the app TM30 submitted go to each Changwat and then someone has to manually upload them into the national system. Seems like a security flaw to me.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

My wife got the username and password for TM30 via email and all online same day. It was around 9pm, and immigration aren't renown for staying late on a Saturday night.

Who's details, ID and what language did you use when you tried to register in the app BTW?

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a manual approval behind the scenes as one route and they have deemed that approval for your registration is the responsibility of the imm office where the place of stay is. 

But at the same time, it's possible it could also be automated, as our user ID contains some elements related to our moobarn.

So it's possible there are 2 routes or more to get into the national system:

1) if you do all the stuff in Thai, with Thai ID, moobarn number etc they can link in and automate it, and it all flows nicely. not quite sure what they'd do with the uploads.

2) if you start entering non-Thai data a manual process is needed. So you become a manual exception and not an automated process.

Edited by fletchsmile

18 hours ago, fletchsmile said:

My wife got the username and password for TM30 via email and all online same day. It was around 9pm, and immigration aren't renown for staying late on a Saturday night.

Who's details, ID and what language did you use when you tried to register in the app BTW?

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a manual approval behind the scenes as one route and they have deemed that approval for your registration is the responsibility of the imm office where the place of stay is. 

But at the same time, it's possible it could also be automated, as our user ID contains some elements related to our moobarn.

So it's possible there are 2 routes or more to get into the national system:

1) if you do all the stuff in Thai, with Thai ID, moobarn number etc they can link in and automate it, and it all flows nicely. not quite sure what they'd do with the uploads.

2) if you start entering non-Thai data a manual process is needed. So you become a manual exception and not an automated process.

All I'm saying is that National Security has been mentioned as the reason for the TM30. But if each Changwat has to send the individual  foreign data to the main office, then this brings in human error and sort of causes security problems. If you're really concerned about security, whether you use the app or online, in English or Thai, the data should all go straight to a central location, not be re-keyed and passed on.

On 9/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, fletchsmile said:

Appendix (as in all good Thai bureaucracy)

Poster to show to a police station to explain <what TF> you're doing there under Section 37 of the Immigration Act 1979

There are other posters at the link below in English, and other languages

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/m37?click=1

1543566264697.jpg

they have changed your poster:

art37.thumb.jpg.7ec3d94c161c4e275f19d1420b3e6bd5.jpg

and still somewhat confusing

25 minutes ago, My 2 cents said:

they have changed your poster:

art37.thumb.jpg.7ec3d94c161c4e275f19d1420b3e6bd5.jpg

and still somewhat confusing

Confusing because it's still not correct. Maybe if they release version 3 it will be correct?

Nobody can expect that immigration police has somebody who understands the immigration laws ...

Edited by jackdd

Fletch,

It's much easier than all that. I rent a condo, am married to a sweet Thai lady, so I do marriage extension and only keep 400k in bank for 3 mths then can spend it down. I applied online myself for TM30 reporting and received my user id & password, so I can report myself even though my Leasing office said they could do it for me. Didn't need wife for that. No need to give away my money to buy someone else a house and no need to buy a condo in my name and get tied down to one location. It's much better for me to keep my money invested earning enough in dividends to pay the rent, then I can pick up and go live anywhere I want when I'm ready for a change.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, jackdd said:

Confusing because it's still not correct. Maybe if they release version 3 it will be correct?

Nobody can expect that immigration police has somebody who understands the immigration laws ...

Not sure what you mean by still not correct. It correctly reflects the Immigration Act 1979 Section 37, and clauses 3 and 4 which are the 2 reasons you notify change of address :

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/downloads/Immigration_Act.pdf

45 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

Not sure what you mean by still not correct. It correctly reflects the Immigration Act 1979 Section 37, and clauses 3 and 4 which are the 2 reasons you notify change of address :

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/downloads/Immigration_Act.pdf

Just look at the translation which you posted, it is about correct: If you can not stay at the place as indicated, then you have to report this to the competent official. On their picture they write something different, which doesn't match the wording of the law and changes the meaning.

They write "Additionally an alien who is engaging in media or missionary work..."

Only two groups of people are mentioned, but actually there are 11 groups of people who have to do this report (including for example retirees and people married to Thais), see my post here for a complete list:

Edited by jackdd

How to Input Data in TM30 Notification System and then print out to show immigration:

1) On the website version: Once you've logged in and input the data in the "TM30 Notification" part of the system there are 3 little icons in the top right of the screen:

save icon (looks like an old floppy disk) = banterk - to save/record data

cancel icon (2 docs and a cross) = yoklerk - to cancel

exit icon (in red with a door and an arrow) = ork - to exit

2) Click the save icon. Your data looks like it has disappeared but it hasn't

Make sure you remember the date you input the details or take a screen shot or print. Check in date is key for searching see below:

3) Click the exit icon to exit the system

4) Log into the system again and do a search do see your data. To do this re-log-in there is a menu with two folder icons in Thai 

5) Click on either to expand the menus

On the first one you will see that it is for "Notification TM30" or "Change Password" 

It's the second one you want that is "Search TM30" . This one let's you search data.

6) Click on the sub-line where it says "Search TM30"

7) That takes you to a search screen showing the user name and address. Put in the check in a range of check in dates, eg 7 Sep 2019 to 14 Sep 2019 and (max 7 days range. Both beginning and end is needed)

8 ) Click on the magnifying glass/ brown icon just below which says search in Thai. There are 2 icons just below the date. Left is search. Right is a cancel.

Click search/magnifying glass and it will show basic details: Name, passport ID, landing card no. sex, date in to stay, date (expected out) etc

Do a print screen of this in landscape format and it can be shown to Immigration

Cheers

Fletch ???? 

Above is a cut and paste from a doc I did on another forum