BANGKOK
fletchsmile

Fletch's Solution to TM30 and TM28 and 90 Days and extension of stay and and etc etc

Fletch,

It's much easier than all that. I rent a condo, am married to a sweet Thai lady, so I do marriage extension and only keep 400k in bank for 3 mths then can spend it down. I applied online myself for TM30 reporting and received my user id & password, so I can report myself even though my Leasing office said they could do it for me. Didn't need wife for that. No need to give away my money to buy someone else a house and no need to buy a condo in my name and get tied down to one location. It's much better for me to keep my money invested earning enough in dividends to pay the rent, then I can pick up and go live anywhere I want when I'm ready for a change.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, jackdd said:

Confusing because it's still not correct. Maybe if they release version 3 it will be correct?

Nobody can expect that immigration police has somebody who understands the immigration laws ...

Not sure what you mean by still not correct. It correctly reflects the Immigration Act 1979 Section 37, and clauses 3 and 4 which are the 2 reasons you notify change of address :

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/downloads/Immigration_Act.pdf

45 minutes ago, fletchsmile said:

Not sure what you mean by still not correct. It correctly reflects the Immigration Act 1979 Section 37, and clauses 3 and 4 which are the 2 reasons you notify change of address :

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/downloads/Immigration_Act.pdf

Just look at the translation which you posted, it is about correct: If you can not stay at the place as indicated, then you have to report this to the competent official. On their picture they write something different, which doesn't match the wording of the law and changes the meaning.

They write "Additionally an alien who is engaging in media or missionary work..."

Only two groups of people are mentioned, but actually there are 11 groups of people who have to do this report (including for example retirees and people married to Thais), see my post here for a complete list:

Edited by jackdd