BANGKOK
Yinn

Prawit brother promotion to be President of the Corruption Commission.

42 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Just waiting for the usual suspects (gone a bit quiet lately);

# Mr P has done wonders for this country

# The other Mr P has really cracked down on corruption

and the best one, never fails...

# but but but Thaksin.....

I've said it before, and i'll say it again.

This lot since 2014 have been the worst cancer to have been inflicted on Thailand in the last 60 years.

Edit;

this lot of thieves and traitors are not even hiding their corruption and nepotism anymore, it is so brazen.

That is what they think about the Thai population - scant off hand disregard.

It is truly time for a once and for all uprising/counter coup and a Mussolini ending for both the P's.

Thaksin was bad news this lot is bad news.. sorry both are bunch of corrupt criminals. Maybe you like one side more as the other but both were full of nepotism corruption. You might have closed your eyes to it I havent. 

I just hope that one day there will be a party that goes beyond this. Maybe future forward, still have to see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

Thaksin was bad news this lot is bad news.. sorry both are bunch of corrupt criminals. Maybe you like one side more as the other but both were full of nepotism corruption. You might have closed your eyes to it I havent. 

I just hope that one day there will be a party that goes beyond this. Maybe future forward, still have to see. 

You forgot the big one.

The elephant in the room.

This lot came to power via the barrel of the gun.

Thaksin was voted in.

By a landslide.

And again.

And again.

And again.

His parties have only ever had their power taken away by coups.

Do you think this does not eventually get tiresome and pi$$es the people off that keep voting his parties in?

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

You forgot the big one.

The elephant in the room.

This lot came to power via the barrel of the gun.

Thaksin was voted in.

By a landslide.

And again.

And again.

And again.

His parties have only ever had their power taken away by coups.

Do you think this does not eventually get tiresome and pi$$es the people off that keep voting his parties in?

The result is the same a group of corrupt goons in power. Voted in is just marginally better but still does not excuse their crimes. If you look at it both groups are bad no denying it at all.

Yes it will <deleted> the people of who voted them in but obviously not enough. In Hongkong they had enough not here obviously.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Why do they not protest this?

History makes that fairly obvious, the tanks and the troops will come out and shoot them!

34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

What you think? 

Prawit is Deputy PM. Nobody vote for that. They give him that job after the election. Usually is not like that right?

The senate, nobody vote for that. Usually not like that right?

Prawit and Prayut brother are Senate.

Will the population voice their disapproval or will they say mai phen rai, what can we do?

44 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

History makes that fairly obvious, the tanks and the troops will come out and shoot them!

Which has been true for every revolution anywhere on earth. 

Yet, some countries fought and bled and died for their freedom. 

Thais are either too cowardly or simply don't care about right vs wrong and have no moral compass. 

4 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Which has been true for every revolution anywhere on earth. 

Yet, some countries fought and bled and died for their freedom. 

Thais are either too cowardly or simply don't care about right vs wrong and have no moral compass. 

I cannot see how with a loaded senate, vast inequality, lack of a supported, strong alternative government, this matter can be addressed.

A civil uprising without strong backing, and a strong alternative group able and competent to form government, leaves a power vacuum to be filled by despots. There have been too many despots arise to fill vacuums after governments challenged without alternatives, and the world is still paying for that.

• Like 2

The outgoing NACC president General Watcharapol set a very high standard overseeing last year's investigations.

While it's heartwarming they've brought little brother into the fold, anyone who's seen The Godfather knows a connected family can be a double edged sword. 

I don't know what the fuss is about, I am sure he is an expert with years of experience in this field.

• Haha 1