MiBox S performance with VPN

mran66

I am new to the IPTV world and trying different setups to learn and get proper one to each screen/room

I bought a Android TV box (MiBox S), and installed Livelounge, Mobdro and some other apps to get the content,

and then subscribed to VPN (PrivateVPN) as my current one does not have support for Android TV box to cover my ass.

Now, if use livelounge and mobdro without the VPN on, all works good. When i turn on the VPN, I start to experience

buffering-like syndroms, however after consulting VPN provider support (which was good), and running the same VPN on my Mac,

the conclusion was that the buffering-like cutoff were not because of VPN speed, rather because for whatever reason

the box can not perform properly if VPN run together with the apps. Mobdro works better than livelounge or puffin browser,

and some dedicated apps for my home country TV actually work without cutofs

my question is whether anyone have comparable experiences with Android TV box (esp MiBox S)? Have you found any VPN that

actually can run in parallel withe livelounge app without cutoffs?

Also, wondering if using VPN is really mandatory here...will anyone come after you for IP for content in this country?

In Europe yes sure you better have, but wonder if necessary here.

There is no need to run a VPN except for accessing geo blocked content...you might try a smart DNS service instead to get round the restrictions as it will consume less resources and not slow down internet speed like a VPN can especially if run on low specification devices... you could try run the VPN on your router instead of the MiBox

There is no need to run a VPN except for accessing geo blocked content...you might try a smart DNS service instead to get round the restrictions as it will consume less resources and not slow down internet speed like a VPN can especially if run on low specification devices... you could try run the VPN on your router instead of the MiBox

Thanks. For geo unblocking it actually works for me as have dedicated apps that seem to work ok with the privateVPN.

And based on quick test (just try one HD movie), kodi seems to run ok as well. If no worries to run iptv consolidation apps without vpn then all good.

But still wondering if anyone have a VPN that actually works good with livelounge in a MI box or another 2gb/a53 box.

Was playing with the box, apps and vpn today again and learnt that the problem I had with livelounge is actually not because of box performance nor vpn server speed, rather because of latency of vpn to a particular server.

Livelounge app seems to be particularly sensitive, if latency more than around 250ms, starts stuttering. Servers nearby like bkk no problems at all. Latency up to 230ms no issues, above that start see.

I need vpn for particular geo blocking anyway, even if no need for iptv apps like livelounge or mobdro. Cheap, less than $2 a month so not a financial issue, rather technical one.

Archived