Immigration told me I dont have to do TM28 or 30 when coming back from Europe

... well, congrats, could be some shortliving info you got there though, talking out of experience, smooth sailing at my local franchise not half a year ago - but now: 'new team' ... same-same bs, but different ... 

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 1

I too had the same experience in Jomtien last year. I have expressed the opinion it is not the office that determines the variability of responses but the visa one is holding and your relationship to your address. I think if you have used and agent and thus have been aided by a senior IO, then you get less hassle. Also, when I moved into my condo, I did all the paperwork correctly.

3 hours ago, BritTim said:
  1. As far as I know, there is no immigration office that requires a TM28 when returning to the same address after an overseas trip. This is subject to change.

PHUKET

“No, we don’t hold foreigners responsible for filing the TM30. Foreigners just need to make sure that they fill in a TM28. The TM30 is the landlord’s job,” Phuket Immigration Deputy Chief Col Nareuwat Putthawiro said plainly on Wednesday (Aug 28).

The TM30 is the form for landlords to report to Immigration within 24 hours of the arrival of any foreign tenants, as required under Section 38 of the Thailand Immigration Act of 1979.

The TM28 form is for foreigners to report themselves to Immigration after staying away from their registered address for more than 24 hours, as required under Section 37 (c) of the same act.

Asked whether foreigners must submit a completed TM28 every time they return to their registered address, Col Nareuwat said, “Yes, they must do.”

https://www.thephuketnews.com/right-on-time- phuket-immigration-explain-tm30-and-tm28-requirements-for-reporting-foreigners-72693.php?fbclid=IwAR0IcLrbcBi8e19omWcvyRM6mikw24JKvjS9IBHiQq5es7fATy0Tb_Ng09I#hHX6JHgYUr2S8hds.97

Edited by phuketrichard

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

so.... when you own your dwelling, is it TM28 + TM30 ?

(and if yes, I would feel insecure because I would keep wondering what I am missing out on the TM29 ??)

13 hours ago, Myran said:

Ok, what is anyone supposed to do with this information? Completely pointless.

Sadly it is. All it demonstrates is the variation around the country. First option is to comply with the rules as written, second option, when one figures it out, is to comply as is implemented where you have to deal with them. 

If one is really capable, avoid them altogether. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tgw said:

so.... when you own your dwelling, is it TM28 + TM30 ?

(and if yes, I would feel insecure because I would keep wondering what I am missing out on the TM29 ??)

If you "own" you are ur own landlord, so i'd say yes,

BUT, really, who the F#@K knows

"The TM30 is the landlord’s job,”

Edited by phuketrichard

I use Suphanburi office. I tried to do the TM28 (address change) when moving from BKK but they did not want one. However, I needed to do a TM30 and my wife do it online since then. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, edwinchester said:

My local Immigration Office told me the exact opposite in that my Thai wife has to submit a TM30 every time I return from a trip out of Thailand.

They also said that she does not have to submit a TM30 when I return from any overnight or longer trips within Thailand.

If there is one thing consistent within Thai Immigration it's the inconsistency.

"They also said that she does not have to submit a TM30 when I return from any overnight or longer trips within Thailand."

This part is the same at several Immigration offices. 

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

This must be the first post ever about an IO saying there's no need for submitting the TM30 when coming back from abroad. 

This was said many times in the past, but in recent times most immigration offices require a TM30 after re-entering Thailand.

15 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This was said many times in the past, but in recent times most immigration offices require a TM30 after re-entering Thailand.

Don't you basically re-submit the news that you're back in Thailand when going thru the customs with all the fingerprint and other procedures? 

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Don't you basically re-submit the news that you're back in Thailand when going thru the customs with all the fingerprint and other procedures? 

Yes, but only from you. The landlord / possessor of the place where you stay has to notify immigration as well. (In case that you are your own landlord this is obviously redundant, but immigration doesn't know this beforehand. Only a low percentage of foreigners is in this situation anyway)

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

This must be the first post ever about an IO saying there's no need for submitting the TM30 when coming back from abroad. 

I have said it several times on this forum. Senior IO at Jomtien told me for long term residents (retirement and marriage extensions) need to complete a tm28/tm30 on permanent change of residence then no need for tm30 in any circumstances. Went abroad in May, 90 day report in August, tm30 not mentioned.

On 9/13/2019 at 5:14 AM, jacko45k said:

Sadly it is. All it demonstrates is the variation around the country. First option is to comply with the rules as written, second option, when one figures it out, is to comply as is implemented where you have to deal with them. 

If one is really capable, avoid them altogether. 

Agents , we are indeed blessed , money well spent , and everybody is happy. TiT..

Edited by elliss