Immigration told me I dont have to do TM28 or 30 when coming back from Europe

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well we all know that requirements differ from IO to IO and this information is only relevant to the IO local to the OP .

Which is..........emoji848.png

Immigration offices started to enforce the TM30 reporting last year because of orders from Department of Immigration. I can't remember any post at TVF the last year where Immigration hasn't required the TM30 to be submitted (by someone) when coming back from abroad. 

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Immigration offices started to enforce the TM30 reporting last year because of orders from Department of Immigration. I can't remember any post at TVF the last year where Immigration hasn't required the TM30 to be submitted (by someone) when coming back from abroad. 

Beginning of this year Udon Thain didn't want a TM30 when coming back from abroad from me, i posted about this somewhere here on Thaivisa. Might of course have changed by now

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I have said it several times on this forum. Senior IO at Jomtien told me for long term residents (retirement and marriage extensions) need to complete a tm28/tm30 on permanent change of residence then no need for tm30 in any circumstances. Went abroad in May, 90 day report in August, tm30 not mentioned.

I am staying in Jomtien. In March this year one of the highest ranked officers at Jomtien Immigration got interviewed on one of the local english radio stations. He emphasized that when returning from another province no TM30 had to be submitted,BUT, when returning from abroad it had to be submitted. Starting early last year Jomtien Immigration started to enforce the TM30 reporting. There were so many people getting fined for not submitting the TM30. Just because you could do the 90 days report without problems, that doesn't change the official requirement at Jomtien Immigration. You can get same info from PCEC in Pattaya.They reported in a newsletter 2 weeks ago that the requirements the IO mentioned in March are still in effect. Even the female IO's working at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration have repeatedly informed people about this. 

I am staying in Jomtien. In March this year one of the highest ranked officers at Jomtien Immigration got interviewed on one of the local english radio stations. He emphasized that when returning from another province no TM30 had to be submitted,BUT, when returning from abroad it had to be submitted. Starting early last year Jomtien Immigration started to enforce the TM30 reporting. There were so many people getting fined for not submitting the TM30. Just because you could do the 90 days report without problems, that doesn't change the official requirement at Jomtien Immigration. You can get same info from PCEC in Pattaya.They reported in a newsletter 2 weeks ago that the requirements the IO mentioned in March are still in effect. Even the female IO's working at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration have repeatedly informed people about this. 

I did my 90 days a month ago at Ayutthaya IO, asked about the requirements for TM30, was told I needed to submit “ every time returning from oseas and from another province “.
My 90 days was done ignoring my 2 year old TM30 stapled in passport and 5 or 6 entry stamps since then.

The theory is that TM30 is not checked on a 90 days report but is on an extension ( and fined as necessary) .
Will find out if this is true in 10 days time !!
  • Like 2

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, Max69xl said:

Oh really?

Recently did my extension was in and out of the country several times over the past year no TM 30 questions whatsoever.  Guess some officers did not get the highest ranking officers memo..

On 9/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, Max69xl said:

This must be the first post ever about an IO saying there's no need for submitting the TM30 when coming back from abroad. 

Been here many years. Marriage extension.

Fly out often to HK , Vietnam, Laos, Singapore etc, etc often.

Never ever seen,  let alone submit a TM30 or TM28.

Always same home address on the (soon to be abolished ?) TM6.

Always do 90 days reporting in person, on time. Same home address.

Just lucky ?

Will see what evolves at the next annual extension end of December.

• Like 1

On September 12, 2019 at 3:43 PM, davidst01 said:

Also, I asked him if I can do minor repair work outside our building. I said I dont have a WP. He said its ok bc Im not earning a salary. 

Not all immigration officers are bad. He is really friendly at our office

Many immigrations officers are nice. I've never had any problems with one. Saying not all are bad implies you think most are bad even those who simply enforce laws or regulations.

while he evidently is a nice guy, "work" as it applies to foreigners doesn't depend on whether or not you are earning money. Work permits are not issued or denied by immigrations officers anyway. Different ministry.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

On September 12, 2019 at 4:09 PM, Myran said:

Ok, what is anyone supposed to do with this information? Completely pointless.

What is someone meant to do with your post ( or 90% of comments posted?) ... assuming every post should require that you have to be motivated into action after reading them.

• Haha 1

So , just did my retirement extension at Ayutthaya IO, no mention of TM30.

My last TM30 receipt ( stapled in passport) is 2 years old, left the country 5 or 6 times since.

I did use the online service and submitted a TM30 for last entry into LOS 6 months ago and it was accepted !!

Now I ask:

Did my 6 month late ( a little over the 24 hours ruling [emoji51] ) online TM30 mean I am now up to date ??

or

Are some IO’s just not bothering with it anymore ??

I certainly wasn’t gonna ask at immigration [emoji51]

35 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

What is someone meant to do with your post ( or 90% of comments posted?) ... assuming every post should require that you have to be motivated into action after reading them.

That mark at the end of the first sentence is called a "question mark", and is used to indicate that the sentence preceding it is a question.

The post was therefore a question aimed at the creator of the topic. It was also a way of pointing out that posting experiences like these is completely useless if you don't specify where it occurred. It's like posting a restaurant review without specifying which restaurant you're reviewing.

Furthermore, a comment is just that, a comment – basically feedback on something previously posted. Creating an entire topic is on another level and should have at least some sort of value to the readers.

If you have any other questions in regard to basic reading comprehension and logic, please direct them somewhere else.

8 hours ago, joloit said:

I always compare Immigration with the road traffic in Thailand.

Sorry, but gradually I'm getting the feeling, that they doing all of this nonsense on purpose.

Even that's giving them credit they don't deserve. 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/08/30/immigration-bosses-say-tm30-fix-underway-plead-for-understanding/

On 9/14/2019 at 8:23 PM, Max69xl said:

This must be the first post ever about an IO saying there's no need for submitting the TM30 when coming back from abroad. 

That is not the case,I have posted a few times as to the same response. The TM30 receipt in my passport is from 2014, first time I did an extension, I have been out of the country may times and done several extensions since then. Each time I do an extension my wife has specifically asked about the TM30 and received the same response, only if you change your address.

That is not the case,I have posted a few times as to the same response. The TM30 receipt in my passport is from 2014, first time I did an extension, I have been out of the country may times and done several extensions since then. Each time I do an extension my wife has specifically asked about the TM30 and received the same response, only if you change your address.

Yep, my TM30 in my passport is 2 years old ( have left the country 5 or 6 times since then).
I was under the impression that TM28 was for a permanent change of address.
When I moved house, and province , I went armed with a TM30 and TM28 , the IO pushed the TM28 to one side and and said “ come back in 15 days with that “ and then proceeded to submit the TM30.
Went back 15 days with the TM28, same IO ripped it up and said “ we don’t bother with that here “.

Did my retirement extension yesterday, not a mention of TM30 ( or the obscure TM28 ) but did get asked for ID and Tabian Baan from the landlord ( gf ).

Is it being phased out or are IO’s as confused as us about whether to file or not ?
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yep, my TM30 in my passport is 2 years old ( have left the country 5 or 6 times since then).
I was under the impression that TM28 was for a permanent change of address.
When I moved house, and province , I went armed with a TM30 and TM28 , the IO pushed the TM28 to one side and and said “ come back in 15 days with that “ and then proceeded to submit the TM30.
Went back 15 days with the TM28, same IO ripped it up and said “ we don’t bother with that here “.

Did my retirement extension yesterday, not a mention of TM30 ( or the obscure TM28 ) but did get asked for ID and Tabian Baan from the landlord ( gf ).

Is it being phased out or are IO’s as confused as us about whether to file or not ?

I don't know about TM28 other than it exists. i have been at the same address over 11 years and had a yellow book just about 10 years, always give a copy when doing an extension.

When the IO spoke to my wife she was not referring to a permanent change, just that if you went away and came back to an address different from the permanent address then the TM30 would be required.

• Like 1

Been here more than 10 years, 8 annual extensions, was asked for a TM30 in 2015 (no fine) have left the country numerous times before and after that, never asked about it or been asked about it since. Chantaburi, always a first time though, haven't been in for a while they might have new staff which I dreaded last time except the new bloke has been good for about 4 years.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2019 at 3:53 PM, asiaexpat said:

LOL and good luck

Exactly, You wait ... they will come looking for some help with their petrol for their bike of a cup of tea , I'm sure --- just checking on how you are getting along with that bit of building work ????