BANGKOK
davidst01

Immigration told me I dont have to do TM28 or 30 when coming back from Europe

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well we all know that requirements differ from IO to IO and this information is only relevant to the IO local to the OP .

Which is..........emoji848.png

Immigration offices started to enforce the TM30 reporting last year because of orders from Department of Immigration. I can't remember any post at TVF the last year where Immigration hasn't required the TM30 to be submitted (by someone) when coming back from abroad. 

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Immigration offices started to enforce the TM30 reporting last year because of orders from Department of Immigration. I can't remember any post at TVF the last year where Immigration hasn't required the TM30 to be submitted (by someone) when coming back from abroad. 

Beginning of this year Udon Thain didn't want a TM30 when coming back from abroad from me, i posted about this somewhere here on Thaivisa. Might of course have changed by now

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I have said it several times on this forum. Senior IO at Jomtien told me for long term residents (retirement and marriage extensions) need to complete a tm28/tm30 on permanent change of residence then no need for tm30 in any circumstances. Went abroad in May, 90 day report in August, tm30 not mentioned.

I am staying in Jomtien. In March this year one of the highest ranked officers at Jomtien Immigration got interviewed on one of the local english radio stations. He emphasized that when returning from another province no TM30 had to be submitted,BUT, when returning from abroad it had to be submitted. Starting early last year Jomtien Immigration started to enforce the TM30 reporting. There were so many people getting fined for not submitting the TM30. Just because you could do the 90 days report without problems, that doesn't change the official requirement at Jomtien Immigration. You can get same info from PCEC in Pattaya.They reported in a newsletter 2 weeks ago that the requirements the IO mentioned in March are still in effect. Even the female IO's working at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration have repeatedly informed people about this. 

Ultimately, there seems no point in asking anybody from outside, as each office and each officer seems to make his own rules ? ?

• Like 1

I am staying in Jomtien. In March this year one of the highest ranked officers at Jomtien Immigration got interviewed on one of the local english radio stations. He emphasized that when returning from another province no TM30 had to be submitted,BUT, when returning from abroad it had to be submitted. Starting early last year Jomtien Immigration started to enforce the TM30 reporting. There were so many people getting fined for not submitting the TM30. Just because you could do the 90 days report without problems, that doesn't change the official requirement at Jomtien Immigration. You can get same info from PCEC in Pattaya.They reported in a newsletter 2 weeks ago that the requirements the IO mentioned in March are still in effect. Even the female IO's working at desk 10 at Jomtien Immigration have repeatedly informed people about this. 

I did my 90 days a month ago at Ayutthaya IO, asked about the requirements for TM30, was told I needed to submit “ every time returning from oseas and from another province “.
My 90 days was done ignoring my 2 year old TM30 stapled in passport and 5 or 6 entry stamps since then.

The theory is that TM30 is not checked on a 90 days report but is on an extension ( and fined as necessary) .
Will find out if this is true in 10 days time !!
  • Like 1

If  returning from outside Thailand  and on arrival form  giving intended address of  stay satisfies the TM28 regardless of  overnight stay or  until  such.

The TM 30  is another thing !

On 9/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, Max69xl said:

Oh really?

Recently did my extension was in and out of the country several times over the past year no TM 30 questions whatsoever.  Guess some officers did not get the highest ranking officers memo..