BANGKOK
cheeryble

Cleaning shower glass

I went to the thread below but it looks closed.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/924257-shower-glass-stained/

To continue......I've had an idea.

Mix some wallpaper paste flakes into white vinegar to make it a kinda sticky consistency.

Brush or wipe on the glass and give it time, but not enough to start drying.

Don't make it runny enough so it will run down......in my case there is a marble shelf at the bottom and it could be damaged not to mention grout on the floor.

What do big brains here think?

speaking of floors would the same stuff work on shower floor stains, which are probably just dirty calcium deposit?

IMG_8010.JPG.784fbb0cb49dcb9c5ac27b16273be471.JPG

Buy wallpaper paste where?

Thanks

Edited by cheeryble

Glass can be cleaned with a simple white vinegar spray, thats what the windolene product is.

We make our own degreasers by fermenting kaffir limes then using as a spray....great for kitchen grease.

For your floor I would use a combi of bicarb and vinegar, really get it to fizz away and loosen the grime.

I wouldnt even attempt to salvage the sealant, cut it out and re do it for 90bt with new.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grollies said:

Jeez, I thought ours was bad. Nice mould.

He is "asking for a friend"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

He is "asking for a friend"

LOL................I'm going to have to stop doing that 😐

8 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

SPA CLEAN 
Stain cleaner

spaclean.jpg.a5723bce663db41fcf6f344c7fcd3d1d.jpg

Hahaha, the picture implies 6m3 of concrete was accidentally spilled in the bathroom.

Now I know why the Americans call it a dumptruck

Here is a much cheaper  solution, its worked for years for me.........EVERY TIME you have a  shower, dry down the walls and glass and entire  enclosure 100%, this will save you endless grief on cleaning, grout removal, silicone removal and once you start to do it  takes no time at all.

People often  think maintenance is a dirty word.

I haven't re grouted my shower in 10 years and it s till  looks  fine.

To get that  lot off  will require a  large does of elbow  grease, Ive used before depending on surface, Stanley knife  blades to slice off the skin grease layer ( vomit) any bleach with acid in, stronger the better, keep it off stainless and metal, let it  soak repeat repeat repeat, green scourers but  not too  hard, CIF and more elbow  grease etc etc Once clean dry it EVERY TIME you use it, good  way is shower all together !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Glass can be cleaned with a simple white vinegar spray, thats what the windolene product is.

does  nothing for limescale hard  water on  glass, looks  initially ok then dries few  minutes  later and its  still there if there is already a build  up. The main thing is   keeping the area soaked for a period  of time to dissolve it. 

• Like 1

Mix baking soda and vinegar to make a spreadable paste. Just spead it all over and leave it, over night is good. Then rinse/wash off...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Hahaha, the picture implies 6m3 of concrete was accidentally spilled in the bathroom.

Now I know why the Americans call it a dumptruck

You need lots of imagination with package labels here.

SPA CLEAN is an excellent stain removing cocktail though. We use it on the product washer where all kinds of deposits quickly build up.

I also have my own recipe but you need to control the application time before it starts eating everything.

12 minutes ago, Chazar said:

does  nothing for limescale hard  water on  glass, looks  initially ok then dries few  minutes  later and its  still there if there is already a build  up. The main thing is   keeping the area soaked for a period  of time to dissolve it. 

You are right, thats exactly why we made the kaffir lime degreaser, to soak in and dissolve.

I was using washing up liquid and it was useless, wifey came up with lime idea and now all her friends use it.

31 minutes ago, transam said:

Mix baking soda and vinegar to make a spreadable paste. Just spead it all over and leave it, over night is good. Then rinse/wash off...

Don't let the "greenies" see this! mixing baking soda and vinegar produces the dreaded "Carbon Dioxide" be careful out their folks :wink:

I prefer to spray the area with vinegar then sprinkle the baking soda onto the vinegar, put that Carbon to work! 👍

When I see the "never use AC" threads this is how I imagine their houses to be! keep it dry and well ventilated and this would never happen :crying:

Edited by CGW

3 hours ago, Chazar said:

I spray the vinegar on, and use a sponge to keep working it in.  If you have a serious build-up it will take several applications; if it is really bad than alternating applications between vinegar and ammonia (or regular glass cleaner) seems to help.  Squeegee it off between applications and don’t let it dry.