Cleaning shower glass

cheeryble

9 hours ago, cheeryble said:

IMG_8261.JPG.52409e5e7b5f631c555b6efcd760eb4f.JPG

Two bottles glass cleaner.

Two bottles water repellent to lessen scaling

700bt

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

That looks like a soapy wax solution. I can see how it will work preventing scale on a clean surface, but it will probably do very little to remove exciting scale build up.

I try this and it works quite well on horizontal surfaces. On vertical surfaces it simple drops off.

I think I will try the wall paper glue....

Kind regards, Arjen.

Hi Arjen
I would be very interested if I’ve actually had a good idea.
You can buy wallpaper paste in a shop on a left side slip rd going south off the 108 just near the lights under the Mahidol rd overpass
Expensive compared to home 100-300 bt but may be well worthwhile let us know small pack may be eneough

Why on earth would one buy this stuff instead of using the bleach method? The bleach method is easier and cheaper and solves the issue 100% with no scrubbing whatsoever.

I guess I’m talking about de-scaling the glass screen with the miracle stuff I just spoke of.
aFAIK the bleach method is for the grout or silicone on or near the floor of the shower.
Yes I want to clean this area too, but doubt I can use the tissue and bleach method on the dirty grout lines low down on the shower walls, and wondering what’s best.

I use white vinegar for just about everything as it's the cheapest, works the best, and is best for the environment. I get it cheap by the gallon from Makro. For the very toughest grout/silicone mold, the bleach method is magical--wake up in the morning and it's all vanished without a trace. But it's not for everyone because many people in this generation are conditioned to get gratification from turning to the big chemical companies anytime they need to do something. There was a time I was like that and stupid enough to use things like Windex for glass cleaning that leaves those nasty streaks. Then I learned about vinegar and have crystal clear glass with ease. And with bleach shower tiles look so good it's like they were just installed and never used yet and they stay that way a long time. But despite this, a lot of people are conditioned to search for what the big chemical companies have on display in shiny bottles and fancy pictures and advertisements. May not work as well and cost more. The big chemical companies laugh all the way to the bank.

Don’t large chemical companies make vinegar and bleach?

I used to use vinegar and newsprint on glass, now I use “windex” and cotton rags, seems to work much better for me. The vinegar does nothing if there is anything oily.

I like the little 3M mesh encapsulated sponges with windex to clean bugs off the windshield...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, RideJocky said:

The vinegar does nothing if there is anything oily.

What causes your windows to get oily? I've never heard of such a thing, but not to worry the solution is quite simple. Just add a few drops of dish soap to the vinegar. When your windows are no longer oily then omit the soap. This is a common remedy to remove the residues left behind by the nasty commercial cleaners like Windex and such.

I am not sure the big chemical companies would have an interest in making vinegar because there are no chemicals in it. It's just fermented grain. Chemical companies don't like natural products, especially if they work really well and undercut their chemical lineups on the shelves.

What causes your windows to get oily? I've never heard of such a thing, but not to worry the solution is quite simple. Just add a few drops of dish soap to the vinegar. When your windows are no longer oily then omit the soap. This is a common remedy to remove the residues left behind by the nasty commercial cleaners like Windex and such.

I am not sure the big chemical companies would have an interest in making vinegar because there are no chemicals in it. It's just fermented grain. Chemical companies don't like natural products, especially if they work really well and undercut their chemical lineups on the shelves.

You’re right of course

Archived