Drivers advised to avoid Pattaya Beach Road until next year

Rimmer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2019 at 2:44 AM, gk10002000 said:

I remember back in oh 2005 or so there were flower beds on the northern end of the sidewalk there. The park benches were all along the sidewalk and nice to sit and pause for a rest on.  The sea wall had that walk way you could use and wander north to wong mat.  Year after year just worst and more money spent.  Hack and butcher job on the trees.

blob.png.e87c4d1550c7e23bb4bf321207ec4946.png

Indeed it was a very nice environment in the 00's. Now it is an utter wasteland. Not my problem , I just do not go there whatsoever. By the way the OP should just

say drivers should avoid Pattaya. Check out Pattaya Klang @ Second Rd.  Anyway  for myself, Pattaya/Nalkua are only good for shopping these days.

From South Jomtien, what a relief ! 

21 hours ago, kwan said:

. . . and don't even think about having a stroll along Jomtien Beach Road - nowhere to sit and tarry awhile. !

This is a double-edged sword. In the evening such options to sit are often occupied by service people waiting for customers. Not the best picture for a world class family resort. 

6 hours ago, Beggar said:

This is a double-edged sword. In the evening such options to sit are often occupied by service people waiting for customers. Not the best picture for a world class family resort. 

The more service people the better, not necessary to make the schlep to Pattaya for a girlfriend. And the way the Pattaya beach "walk" has been ruined, Jomtien is a better environment too. Albeit second/third string seaside resort. 

The more service people the better, not necessary to make the schlep to Pattaya for a girlfriend. And the way the Pattaya beach "walk" has been ruined, Jomtien is a better environment too. Albeit second/third string seaside resort. 
It hasn't been ruined, i walk daily and a minor diversion on the beach at the end. It's actually quite interesting how they are doing this drainage work

On 9/13/2019 at 7:58 AM, PattayaGuy2019 said:

Please please can we have public toilets and baby changing facilities that are a basic requirement of any beach resort and it would be nice if they put back some seats so us oldies can take a rest in our walk.

The primary demographic on Beach Road is Indian men. Public toilets? Be careful of what you wish for.

11 hours ago, morrobay said:

blob.png.e87c4d1550c7e23bb4bf321207ec4946.png

Indeed it was a very nice environment in the 00's. Now it is an utter wasteland. Not my problem , I just do not go there whatsoever. By the way the OP should just

say drivers should avoid Pattaya. Check out Pattaya Klang @ Second Rd.  Anyway  for myself, Pattaya/Nalkua are only good for shopping these days.

From South Jomtien, what a relief ! 

Ah thank you for posting those photos.  I had lots of photos I had at the time transferred to CDs, and on to my old toshiba laptop but that crashed and for some reasons many of my CDs I had made while in Pattaya could not be read any more.  Good old Sony Cyber shot camera took great photos.  But I think the CDs the photo store used in Pattaya were the cheapest possible and they did not last long, corrosion or whatever

On 9/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, darksidedog said:

Well that's Thailand for you. No planning, no co-ordination, just plough ahead and use that budget ASAP (along with a skim off the top no doubt), and to hell with the inconvenience it creates. It wouldn't be so bad if you could have any confidence that any of the projects would actually be successful in providing long term solutions.

It's not Pattaya's fault if it's given a budget that it has to use.  If it doesn't utilise this year's allocation, the budget for next year will be reduced. 

Pattaya is in a no-win situation; certain members, as you well know (not meaning you), will complain even if projects are done and just as loudly and indignantly as they do when projects are not done.

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It's not Pattaya's fault if it's given a budget that it has to use.  If it doesn't utilise this year's allocation, the budget for next year will be reduced. 

Pattaya is in a no-win situation; certain members, as you well know (not meaning you), will complain even if projects are done and just as loudly and indignantly as they do when projects are not done.

We have a Thesaban leach in the family.

Nongprue and City Hall are the skim masters of Chonburi and never have problems disposing of any budget plus some.

On the subject of done and not done complaints. The incompetent planning and disappearing budgets of the Soi Siam road project is one of hundreds of examples.

17 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I had lots of photos I had at the time transferred to CDs, and on to my old toshiba laptop but that crashed and for some reasons many of my CDs I had made while in Pattaya could not be read any more.  Good old Sony Cyber shot camera took great photos.  But I think the CDs the photo store used in Pattaya were the cheapest possible and they did not last long, corrosion or whatever

I also had this problem. Then I happened to put one of them in a really old CDROM drive and what do you know it read them with no troubles. Apparently the laser beam used in the old non burning ones is a bit more lenient. Try with an ancient PC, maybe you can get some out.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:23 PM, scubascuba3 said:
On 9/14/2019 at 5:39 PM, morrobay said:

It hasn't been ruined, i walk daily and a minor diversion on the beach at the end. It's actually quite interesting how they are doing this drainage work

I guess you were not here before 2013 when the promenade was delightful...The current promenade is a shadow of its former self... 

12 hours ago, Fruit Trader said:

We have a Thesaban leach in the family.

Nongprue and City Hall are the skim masters of Chonburi and never have problems disposing of any budget plus some.

On the subject of done and not done complaints. The incompetent planning and disappearing budgets of the Soi Siam road project is one of hundreds of examples.

You live in another universe.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:00 AM, Beggar said:

Could you please define world class family resort and explain, coherently, your obsession with this phrase? Are you trying to be clever? Do you live in Pattaya? Do you live in Thailand? Where do you come from? What gives you the right to judge other people and other places and other ways of life? How many thousands of people flock to your city? If its so great why dont you live there? People like you snipe from the edges but never explain why you are so entitled to anonymously criticise the places some of us enjoy.  Are you fundamentally racist or just parochial?

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Could you please define world class family resort and explain, coherently, your obsession with this phrase? Are you trying to be clever? Do you live in Pattaya? Do you live in Thailand? Where do you come from? What gives you the right to judge other people and other places and other ways of life? How many thousands of people flock to your city? If its so great why dont you live there? People like you snipe from the edges but never explain why you are so entitled to anonymously criticise the places some of us enjoy.  Are you fundamentally racist or just parochial?

sunnyboy2018 calm down... I have been living in Pattaya as an Expat for more than 20 years. But I don't understand why you are so aggressive. Don't you like family resorts? You ask what a family resort is. Very complicated to explain... It is a resort for families. And I have no problem if you enjoy this place. Why should I? Perhaps you have a family too in this world class family resort. Nothing wrong with this. 

17 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I also had this problem. Then I happened to put one of them in a really old CDROM drive and what do you know it read them with no troubles. Apparently the laser beam used in the old non burning ones is a bit more lenient. Try with an ancient PC, maybe you can get some out.

sometimes, if one passes a magnetic field data is erased for some reason..

I had problem when I was working....i used to have some in my whitecoat pocket..went to a pc put cd in a pc...data had gone...

went to compter department...asked why it had all gone....the whizz kids in there said....because you have past a magnetic field when walking about....

27 minutes ago, essox essox said:

the whizz kids in there said....because you have past a magnetic field when walking about....

They where joking with you..well I hope they where  because magnets don't effect CD's DCD's or Bluray disks

but here in tropical Thailand there is a fungus that can destroy them.

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

sunnyboy2018 calm down... I have been living in Pattaya as an Expat for more than 20 years. But I don't understand why you are so aggressive. Don't you like family resorts? You ask what a family resort is. Very complicated to explain... It is a resort for families. And I have no problem if you enjoy this place. Why should I? Perhaps you have a family too in this world class family resort. Nothing wrong with this. 

Thank you for that ingenuous post. We all know that you are just taking the P when you use the phrase "world class family resort". It's just trolling. If you have such alow opinion of Pattaya, just find somewhere else to live. Simples.

Archived