Drivers advised to avoid Pattaya Beach Road until next year

Rimmer

39 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thank you for that ingenuous post. We all know that you are just taking the P when you use the phrase "world class family resort". It's just trolling. If you have such alow opinion of Pattaya, just find somewhere else to live. Simples.

I understand why the City Hall doesn't want that too many service people hang around at such areas. As not sex tourist it is really no pleasure to walk for instance on the Beach Road especially in the evening or at night (I don't do it anymore). And I have no low opinion of Pattaya. But I have to admit that I have a low opinion of some tourists. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, essox essox said:

sometimes, if one passes a magnetic field data is erased for some reason..

CDs and DVDs do not rely on magnetically stored data. I am told the method PC devices use is subject to fading with time, as opposed to stamped ones.

8 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Thank you for that ingenuous post. We all know that you are just taking the P when you use the phrase "world class family resort". It's just trolling. If you have such alow opinion of Pattaya, just find somewhere else to live. Simples.

I wrote before that the City Hall doesn't want that the beach areas are occupied by service people at night. And so they don't want it make too comfortable for such people. If you look at the benches on the beach road they have in the middle metal posts so that nobody can sleep there. But I also could imagine that many bar owners are not happy with the many freelancers and this competition. In addition the customers of the freelancers often buy their drinks at convenience stores. It is sad that there are not many places to sit down and it is sad that they destroyed the whole area when they made one more lane for the traffic. I have seen several layouts in my more than 20 years here. In Jomtien it is still somehow acceptable but the Beach Road is a desaster. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:25 AM, DrTuner said:

I also had this problem. Then I happened to put one of them in a really old CDROM drive and what do you know it read them with no troubles. Apparently the laser beam used in the old non burning ones is a bit more lenient. Try with an ancient PC, maybe you can get some out.

hmmm. I will try that. There are physical differences so this is plausible.  thanks

On 9/16/2019 at 7:22 PM, Beggar said:

I wrote before that the City Hall doesn't want that the beach areas are occupied by service people at night. And so they don't want it make too comfortable for such people. desaster. 

This is classic throw the baby out with the bathwater thinking.....Ok remove almost all the seating so the working girls have no where to sit......YEA WELL guess what? no one else has any where to sit also......Families and tourist and expats use to be way way more plentiful on the beach before the massacre.....During the day now especially during the hot season the prominale is all but deserted during the day..

But guess what there are still plenty of working girls at night......Seating OR no seating.....  

Archived