Students at Regents International School Pattaya celebrate success with IGCSE results

Rimmer

Students at Regents International School Pattaya celebrate success with IGCSE results

p3-IGCSE-and-A-Levels-_5.jpg

PATTAYA:--Students at Regents International School Pattaya, part of the global Nord Anglia Education family of schools, are celebrating after receiving their long-awaited IGCSE results.

The students’ incredible achievements have created an amazing atmosphere all across the school as they celebrate their successes.

Sarah Osborne-James, School Principal at Regents, said: “I am especially proud of our students as we look at the incredible successes achieved in our IGCSE results. Our students have once again achieved standout scores. Alongside our students’ hard work and commitment, our teachers and staff have played a vital role in the results and deserve our heartfelt thanks and recognition.”

Regents students achieving the highest results include Lucas and Sofiya, both currently in Year 12. Lucas, who is celebrating 2 A* and 7 IGCSE’s at Level 9 (equivalent to A*), joined Regents in 2014. He was on the REAL English beginner programme in Year 7 and rapidly developed his English over his Key Stage 3 years.

Sofiya also joined in Year 7 and is celebrating 1 A* and 6 IGCSE’s at Level 9 and 2 IGCSE’s at Level 8 (level 8-9 equivalent to A*).

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/ourchildren/students-at-regents-international-school-pattaya-celebrate-success-with-igcse-results-264053

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-09-12--

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

These are excellent results - a tribute to good teaching and a clear work ethic in lessons from the students.

Too bad these results are so strongly contrasted by the poor english skills of students going to public school.

Schools like these are extremely expensive and will perpetuate the division between the rich and poor.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:25 PM, bluesofa said:

You're thinking of Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker's Guide.

Or the Ford Anglia 105E from Harry Potter... My first car at age 17 a long time ago 

bought for 50 pounds (UK) I still remember the plate HOT 198E

18 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Too bad these results are so strongly contrasted by the poor english skills of students going to public school.

Schools like these are extremely expensive and will perpetuate the division between the rich and poor.

I agree.  The same arguments persists in UK where I taught for 39 years.  Grammar Schools v Comprehensives?  The cry was always bring the Comprehensives up to the level of Grammar schools but how?  Academic students were in the majority at Grammars; non-academics in Comprehensives.

The classroom learning situations were so different and this was reflected in exam results.

• The percentage of Regents’ students achieving five A* to C grades, including English and Maths at GCSE and IGCSE, was 83%.
• The percentage of Regents’ students achieving A*/A (7-9 grades) was 32% compared to the UK average of 21%.

There is nothing remarkable about these results. It's also really quite a pointless exercise to try and compare these results with the UK average. Most comparable International schools would achieve similar or better results so it would be better to compare them with other similar International schools.

I am currently at an International School in Yangon, Myanmar where we have no where near the resources that the Regents have.

86% of our students at IGCSE achieved at least 5 A* to C grades (100% in my subject) with 48% achieving A*/A grades (63% in my subject).

3 hours ago, essox essox said:

how come no mention of GEOGRAPHY & HISTORY???

I wonder if they teach it more impartially at an international school?

I always get the impression at state schools their idea of geography is being able to name the countries bordering Thailand. History only covers the neighbouring countries the Thais fought with centuries ago.

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder if they teach it more impartially at an international school?

I always get the impression at state schools their idea of geography is being able to name the countries bordering Thailand. History only covers the neighbouring countries the Thais fought with centuries ago.

ok tend to agree with you

Archived