Weightloss medication

georgegeorgia

one controversial weight loss drug is nicotine gum, it can work quite well as it curbs appetite and makes you burn extra calories. Not useful if you already smoke or are easily addicted.

I have used it a few times (stopped without problems) and it did help. Its only useful for short periods a few months not for long term weight loss. Just to give an extra boost when one is faced with a plateau. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 12:04 PM, FracturedRabbit said:

Don't eat processed food, massively reduce your carbohydrate intake, don't snack (one or two meals a day), exercise.

I am now on a holliday in Thailand and im losing weight. I did this on purpose as i could not exercise for 4 weeks due to a shoulder injury. One that i hope is cured after this Holliday. 

When i don't exercise i lose interest in my diet so i gained 3kg. Not massive at all but i hate it.

So now on my holliday i swim snorkel for at least 2 hours a day not just slow but also fast. 

But the main thing is i changed diet loads of salads again and lean meat like chicken. Parents are calling me boring but i don't care. I also don't drink any sugary drinks. I think its all gone now given the state of my abs. 

I hope that the next island has the same healthy choices but im a bit dependent as to where my parents want to eat. 

It can be done.

I also eat less and bought some nicotine gum to blunt appetite and stop eating before i feel im full. It takes the brain some time 20 mins or so to register you had enough.

I would not recomend nicotine gum to everyone but i done it a few times in the past and can stop with it at any time. Guess i don't get addicted easy. Add some caffeine after the nicotine gum and it doubles it effect.

Im always looking for things to make it easier to cut weight. 

Intermittent fasting has changed my life, Google it.

It is easy,

Have dinner bout 6:30 pm, No breakfast!! just water, then a good lunch at 12:30 pm You just fasted for 18 hrs

, a snack at about 3:00 and then dinner again at 6:30

High protein, low carbohydrates, leafy greens,

avoid processed food, suggar, soft drinks cut down on the beer. (i know I should be changing my Avatar  LOL)

The fasting resets your system, lowers insulin, raises growth hormones. 

Before you deside to try it, talk to your doctor to make sure it's for you. 

https://www.popsugar.com/fitness/What-186-Intermittent-Fasting-45446501

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

I would not recommend what I did but it worked. I did not eat anything for several weeks. Not completely correct - sometimes I ate a boiled egg to get some protein. I was surprised by my experience. The first days I felt hungry and weak. But after a few days the hunger was gone and I felt great. Only problem was that your body starts to smell like bad apples but this can't be avoided. It is a good sign since the reason for it is that your body starts to burn fat. The other thing was that I looked older since I had more wrinkles without the fat under the skin. In total I lost 18 kilos. And I was perfectly slim. Sadly now 10 years later... The older I get the less calories I burn and it is really not much that I can eat now to hold my weight. Sports - forget it. The only real option is to reduce your calories intake. You will have to exercise a lot to burn a big amount of calories. Better eat less. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, NotYourBusiness said:

Sorry, this is old, outdated info. A highly technical scientific study was done on a group of very physically active people in Africa, and contrary to conventional wisdom, detailed energy measurements show that while hunter-gatherers may be more physically active than the rest of us, they don't burn more calories thanks to their lower metabolisms. Exercise is definitely NOT the best way to lose weight.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/26/modern-lazy-people-burn-as-many-calories-as-hunter-gatherers-so-what-makes-us-fat/

Please don't misunderstand. I am NOT saying don't exercise. Exercise is the second best thing you can do to prolong your life, the first being stopping smoking. PLEASE EXERCISE. But you will be disappointed if your goal is to lose weight.

A followup study was done on participants of "World's Biggest Loser". After six years it was found that nearly all had regained the weight and even more. Without fixing the root cause, exercise is doomed to fail. It's too difficult to maintain for the long term. You need to run for one hour to burn up that donut. While you are doing it, yes it might work, but it is too difficult to maintain for the long term, therefore it is short term success, but long term FAIL.

So if exercise doesn't work, what does? Start here with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Dkt7zyImk

After that, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sAqy1lnWXo

That will put you on the road to success. Lots more info if you just search for it. For most people, the extra weight is NOT a lack of exercise problem. It is a hormonal problem. If you fix the hormones, the weight comes off easily. If you don't fix the hormones, the weight is permanent.

Exercise shortens your life. Fasting prolongs your life. Exercise is great if you want to be fit but you won't live longer, your heart will be placed under more strain and you will die sooner.

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2019 at 11:59 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

The best and most effective weight loss medication is:

Healthy balanced diet combined with daily exercise. Intake less calories than you use.

Balanced diets don't work. Doctors have been telling people for 40 years to eat a balanced diet and exercise. It's balony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Balanced diets don't work. Doctors have been telling people for 40 years to eat a balanced diet and exercise. It's balony.

Nonsense.

It is down to diet AND exercise.

As I said.

Intake less calories than you use, and you lose weight. The food doesn't matter. Intake 3000 calories of ice cream and chocolate donuts every day, you will lose weight if you are burning 4000 calories a day.

A healthy balanced diet will keep you healthy while you exercise to a point of burning more calories than you intake = healthy weight loss.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Nonsense.

As I said.

Intake less calories than you use, and you lose weight. The food doesn't matter. Intake 3000 calories of ice cream and chocolate donuts every day, you will lose weight if you are burning 4000 calories a day.

A healthy balanced diet will keep you healthy while you exercise to a point of burning more calories than you intake = healthy weight loss.

Nobody can live on icecream. They will keep eating and get diabetes.

Of course the food matters. Only certain foods are filling. People who eat lots of junk food overeat cause it's not filling and raised insulin results in more fat being stored.

Your views are outdated by 40 years.

But even as insulin promotes the storage of nutrients, it also blocks the breakdown of protein, fat and carbohydrate in the body. When the insulin level rises, it puts the brakes on burning fat for fuel and encourages storage of incoming food, mostly as fat.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:39 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

Nonsense.

As I said.

Truly the science has turned against this theory.  There is so much out there to refute the CICO crowd you wonder why they don't do a few google searches on their own.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 7:19 PM, nausea said:

Metaformin will make you lose a few pounds, maybe half a stone. Worked with me. I gave it up when I learned it can inhibit absorption of Vit B12.

Then try berberine proven to do the same as metaformin but not as dangerous.

• Like 1

Replace your evening meal with a protein shake, try and stay under 1,000 calories a day, if you get desparate have a protein shake for breakfast also (instead of food, not as well as!). Try that regime for two weeks and see how you fare, take a multi-vitamin every morning for safety sake. Go for a good quality whey isolate protein powder to make the shakes, full fat milk or almond milk works well, add fruit for flavour.

The latest craze is intermittent or micro fasting.  I don't have a weight problem but I do have a problem with weight fluctuation from time to time.  It seems to have helped with that. 

There are different ways to do it but what seems to work for me is to just delay breakfast.  Instead of eating right after I get up, I wait a few hours.  From what I have read it's supposedly good for you to get hungry once in awhile and stay that way for a little bit.  So that's all intermittent fasting is doing.

Edited by shdmn

19 minutes ago, Sundown said:

Do a ketogenic diet (eat whatever fat and protein, no sugars and carbs) and eat max 1200 cal per day. Thank me in 2 months . After 3-4 days you will see fat disappearing overnight.

You would lose weight if you ate carbs as well on only 1200 calories. 

Then try berberine proven to do the same as metaformin but not as dangerous.

Have no clue about pills....

Would you be able to get berberine over the counter in Bangkok? And how many did you eat pr. day and at what time of the day.