PM Johnson denies lying to Queen Elizabeth over the suspension of parliament

snoop1130

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bizboi said:

but now the majority of voters voted for it - something that democrats seem to very very undemocratic in their left wing thinking about accepting!!

A favourite new word for Brexiteers over the last 3 yeas has been  Democracy (and its variants) however the more they use it the more obvious it becomes that they don't understand what the word means or stands for.

In the end, you can't vote the world flat - that's just deluded mob rule.

it's also the right of every democracy to change its mind.

16 hours ago, anterian said:

Two points here, firstly in law there is a difference between ''unlawful'' and ''illegal''. Secondly the Queen does not act in isolation but in consultation with the Privy Council. The Privy Council is composed of members of Parliament, barristers, industrialists, etc., a bit difficult to get a lie past that lot. 

The constitutional requirement is for three members of the Privy Council to be present to advise HM.

Spend some time looking at which three Privy Council members were present before making assertions that it would be difficult to get a lie past them.

11 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Par fir the course with BJ, why would he make an exception for the queen?

His vascillations are well established 

69931282_501291743774283_6313324839599865856_n.jpg

But everybody has the right to change their minds.

Including 17.4 million who voted Brexit...

27 minutes ago, Basil B said:

But everybody has the right to change their minds.

Including 17.4 million who voted Brexit...

...or the minority who voted to remain. 

Seems quite a few, like Boris, have seen the light and are changing their view of the EU.

1 minute ago, Jip99 said:

Seems quite a few, like Boris, have seen the light and are changing their view of the EU.

It's not really a matter of "seeing the light". The nature of the EU has changed from being an economic entity - the EEC - to a political entity - the EU. As its nature has changed, so have some opinions about it.  Believing in an common market - the original name - is something quite different to believing in a federal polity. Some people are happy to do so, others not

2 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

It's not really a matter of "seeing the light". The nature of the EU has changed from being an economic entity - the EEC - to a political entity - the EU. As its nature has changed, so have some opinions about it.  Believing in an common market - the original name - is something quite different to believing in a federal polity. Some people are happy to do so, others not

What IS interesting is that voters claim the EU is NOT heading towards a centralised political institution, reducing sovereignty and political power for individual member states. It doesn't even matter that political groups in the EU Parliament are openly agitating for that direction. The boiling frog principle...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog

15 hours ago, ThePioneer said:

I don't have the numbers at hand, but how many million people he got his lies past when campaigning for the referendum?

Noit as many as Ted Heath did getting the UK into the EEC now the EU. So would you like to comment on that after all its all built on one humongous, big, fat fib.

5 hours ago, bizboi said:

but now the majority of voters voted for it - something that democrats seem to very very undemocratic in their left wing thinking about accepting!!

but they didn't vote for a nodeal brexit 

14 hours ago, Loiner said:

I’m sure the Queen knew exactly why he asked and exactly why she signed.
Opinion of a bunch of jock judges in not important.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If Johnson didn't lie to the queen why has he refused to release the key documents and messages relating to prorogue, after being ordered to?  What is he scared of?   As always Johnson, is ducking and diving to cover up his constant lying and deceit. 

Original vote was pig in a poke. Exit faction brayed about how easy the exit would be, how all this money was coming back to NHS, etc.

Like buying a car without a test drive.

Now people have a more realistic view of what is going to happen if BJ gets his way. Makes sense to have a vote to see if exit is still acceptable. Isn't that what democracy should be about? Voting based on reality instead of impossible promises?

It's absurd to say he 'lied' don't tell me the UK is going to follow the USA trend of BS politics? he had every right to suspend Parliament and Bercow has obviously been a party to 'dirty tricks'.

BTW I voted remain and am pro-2nd vote but I hate seeing injustice. Courts getting into politics is a disastrous precedent.

Reading certain posters on here I am confident they haven't figured out the difference between "I don't agree with you" and "you're lying".

Using the same type of pathetic ad hominem fallacy I'd say about half of every poster on here does nothing but tell lies all the time.

But I won't. Because that would make me pathetic.

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Quite so and Britain was integral in the development of the EU.  They were a key player and often led some of the policies that helped the EU evolve from the Common Market to what it is today.  It didn't adopt the Euro or join the Schengen as it decided it wasn't right for the UK at that point.  

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

I’m sure the Queen knew exactly why he asked and exactly why she signed.

I expect she did, she is not stupid and has had a lifetime dealing with bent politicians. 

He claimed that it was to prepare for the Queens speech, she knew that was a lie

It's never taken that long before, and there were blindingly obvious reasons why it suited Boris to prorogue Parliament for a long time. Everyone in the country who actually thinks about it knows that, most people are possessed with a moderate degree of common sense. 

She knew exactly why she signed......................of, course, she has to, the Queen is bound by convention to take the PMs advice.

7 hours ago, bizboi said:

we had food before we joined the EU !!

Yes, and car industirees too.. Went so well they are all sold to foreigners. Even Rolls Royce and Bentley

Same with the food production: by economies of scale UK production is deverted to other EU countries and visa versa. Rowntree Macintosh, own by Nestle already a few decades, produce in Hamburg.

Back to the 60's with also the choise of then.

Reading certain posters on here I am confident they haven't figured out the difference between "I don't agree with you" and "you're lying".
Using the same type of pathetic ad hominem fallacy I'd say about half of every poster on here does nothing but tell lies all the time.

But I won't. Because that would make me pathetic.
Running around the houses to distract from Boris Johnson's abject lying. Pathetic? Certainly unimpressive.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's absurd to say he 'lied' don't tell me the UK is going to follow the USA trend of BS politics? he had every right to suspend Parliament and Bercow has obviously been a party to 'dirty tricks'.

BTW I voted remain and am pro-2nd vote but I hate seeing injustice. Courts getting into politics is a disastrous precedent.
Justice without courts. One has to laugh..

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, jesimps said:

Isn't parliament always proroged before the Queen's speech? What's next, make all PMs take a lie detector test every time they make a decision?

Yes, Parliament is always prorogued before the Queen's speech; and that's the excuse Boris used.

But usually for a few days, not for 5 weeks!

Johnson had all of August to prepare his legislative programme whilst Parliament was on it's summer recess; why does he need another 5 weeks? He doesn't; that programme was announced on the 28th August.

He could easily have prorogued Parliament for a few days when it returned from the recess on the 3rd September and had the state opening and Queen's speech later that same week. 

This prorogation obviously has nothing to do with the Queen's speech; it was done purely for political reasons. Not that he'd be the first to do that: Notable prorogations

9 hours ago, bizboi said:

OK - so you’ll be packing today then and selling the house? - and dont let the door hit you on the way out. and by the way @no food@ just laughable left wing remoaner garbage scaremongering - we had food before we joined the EU!!

Does anyone remember the shortages of consumer goods when Britain joined the common market, shelves were 1/2 empty, couldn't buy sugar or toilet rolls, just a couple of things that come to mind...

Archived