PM Johnson denies lying to Queen Elizabeth over the suspension of parliament

snoop1130

21 hours ago, JWRC said:

Does anyone remember the shortages of consumer goods when Britain joined the common market, shelves were 1/2 empty, couldn't buy sugar or toilet rolls, just a couple of things that come to mind...

Rubbish you’re delusional  - or do you come from Liverpool where most of the stuff on the shelf gets emptied in a different way!!?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You're right; quite a few who voted Leave are changing their minds.

So let's have a final, binding referendum so we, the people, can settle the matter once and for all via the most democratic method.

As you are convinced that the majority still support Brexit, how can you object to that?

Nope - we’ve had a vote and the result needs to be delivered or do you see it going to “best of 11”??

20 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Not dismissing it, anymore than I am dismissing the people's vote in 1975.

But people here in the UK are far more aware of all the options and each option's consequences than we were in 2016. 

Not looking to stich anyone up, just wanting us to be granted the final, legally binding choice on our future. A choice you from 6000 miles away would deny us because you fear it would frustrate YOUR goal.

I asked a question, I'll ask it again.

How is giving the final, legally binding choice to us the people not democratic?

Care to answer?

It's only Brexiteers who don't want a final, legally binding referendum; and we all know why that is!

What is really pathetic is that some of them called Johnson's attempt to shut Parliament up until November a 'people's choice!'

but you dont listen and you dont understand - that’s why your argument doesn’t stand up… we’ve already had ……we’ve already had a legally binding referendum; and we all know what the result was - NOW DELIVER THE NEXT STEP

1 minute ago, bizboi said:

but you dont listen and you dont understand - that’s why your argument doesn’t stand up… we’ve already had ……we’ve already had a legally binding referendum; and we all know what the result was - NOW DELIVER THE NEXT STEP

But you don't listen and you don't understand, you've been told time and again with adequate links to prove the point, the referendum was advisory not binding. No politician has referred to the referendum as binding. Knock, knock, is anybody in there....?

3 minutes ago, bizboi said:

ahhh good - so if were accepting results as only advisory we can move ahead and brexit as soon as possible now then?

Everyone took on board the advisory advice. Most MPs, at the time, thought it good advice and triggered Article 50. However, after 3 1/2 years and seeing the withdrawal agreements on offer, most MPs and members of the public think that it was bad advice and have rejected it. So no, we won't be Brexiting any time soon.

21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Elections? We have general elections every 5 years at most! At which the people can, and have been known to, change our minds about who should govern us!

Are you really suggesting we should abandon all that; abandon our democracy developed over centuries?

Ehh, actually, that very change is suggested by the Remainers...

So...what you're saying is that for every election we should have a "second election" where we give the majority the chance to change their opinion?
And then what if the losers of the second election feels the need for a "third election"?
And a "fourth election"?
Best out of five?

The concept of democracy is in immensely difficult. For some.

Better go the Hard Brexiteer route and abandon Parliamentary Democracy completely as far as one can.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You quote democratic but are in fact dismissing a democratic peoples vote in 2016..

People like you are the worse kind of Brit, stitch folk up just for YOUR goal....Sad, very sad....
Which did not vote for no-deal but hey, don't let that disturb the witterings.

Yes I will answer, you are not happy with leaving the EU so you want the vote again, shameful.
You quote "we in the UK", which tells me because I am not that makes a difference, what bloody stupid reasoning...

All you do is dodge, dodge, dodge with really daft assumptions and link requests..
Everything in YOUR eyes that isn't going your way, including me is "pathetic", when in reality some of your own replies really are pathetic.....
The most pathetic are the Hard Brexiteers substituting no-deal for something else.

I don’t object to that at all.

I am against the principle of a second referendum because too many people were shouting for one because they lost the first one!

What I would prefer to see is a general election. The current parliamentary impasse needs unblocking.

Tories and Brexit party campaigning on a Leave platform (deal OR no deal) and Labour, Lib Dems campaigning for remain...... battle to the death, hopefully someone will get a working majority. No need fo4 a referendum.

That is what I would like to see - an¥ i5 doesn’t get more democratic than that.
There is no Parliamentary impasse right now if the opposition gets its act together and stops Boris.

Seems to be a generic description of a remainer who just can't accept democracy, screams that they are not getting democracy, shouts over those that have a different opinion and then starts throwing the R word or B word at people..

If I can offer a bit of advice. I used the I word along time ago with this poster. Ignore.
Hard Brexiteers giving each other helpful advice.

The whole Remain propaganda machine, particularly Project Fear, has been a pack of lies since well before the referendum.
Remainers have lied and cheated so much for the past three years that I’m quite comfortable with a small white lie to shut down Remainer Central for a few days.

Looks like the queen feels the same about the cause too.
Lying for lies.

That is because only remainers can see this invisable and imaginary no deal caveat that was written on the ballot leaflet, all leavers see is remain or leave.
No caveats and no specifications. That's why Parliament will decide. All leavers do not fall in behind the Hard Brexit no-deal. But hey, that will not stop them pretending all are on the same page.

4 hours ago, bizboi said:

as long as you don’t have a problem when we take left wing election wins as “advisory”. …Its only democratic to do the same

Do you not know the difference between an election and a referendum?

In an election we vote for our preferred candidate for a public office; such as our local councillor or MP. The results of these are legally binding; always.

In a referendum we vote to decide on a, usually, single issue. The result of these are only legally binding if Parliament legislates beforehand to make it so. Which they last did in the 2011 alternative vote referendum.

On 9/13/2019 at 8:35 AM, tebee said:

but they didn't vote for a nodeal brexit 

YES they did - read the ballot slip!!

Did when I cast my vote, have done since, here it is for yo0u to read.

Image result for 2016 EU referendum ballot paper

Where does it say 'no deal?'

Cummings and the other Leave campaigners were vey careful to avoid all mention of leaving without a deal. Whenever someone on the Remain side brought up the subject and the very possible dire consequences for the UK, Cummings and his cohorts dismissed it as 'Project Fear!'

No, we have had an advisory referendum, and Parliament has spent the last 3 years arguing over how to implement that advice.

They can't agree on how to do this; so give the decision back to us in a final and this time legally binding referendum.

4 hours ago, Forethat said:
On 9/13/2019 at 12:39 PM, 7by7 said:

Elections? We have general elections every 5 years at most! At which the people can, and have been known to, change our minds about who should govern us!

Are you really suggesting we should abandon all that; abandon our democracy developed over centuries?

Ehh, actually, that very change is suggested by the Remainers...

Really?

Which Remainers have suggested that we abandon our Parliamentary democracy?

1 hour ago, vogie said:

That is because only remainers can see this invisable and imaginary no deal caveat that was written on the ballot leaflet, all leavers see is remain or leave.

And many people based their vote on what the campaigns told them. Not all, but enough to tip the balance. 

I repeat; Cummings and the other Leave campaigners were vey careful to avoid all mention of leaving without a deal. Whenever someone on the Remain side brought up the subject and the very possible dire consequences for the UK, Cummings and his cohorts dismissed it as 'Project Fear!'

Only the metropolitan chattering Remainer classes had to be told which way to vote by campaigning. The rest of us knew already.

The idea of divorce deal prior to a trade deal was not mentioned because it was a new Remainer trick after they lost the referendum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Only the metropolitan chattering Remainer classes had to be told which way to vote by campaigning. The rest of us knew already.

The idea of divorce deal prior to a trade deal was not mentioned because it was a new Remainer trick after they lost the referendum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If by Remainer you mean the EU, you've got a valid point. Otherwise, not so much.

Really?

Which Remainers have suggested that we abandon our Parliamentary democracy?
Hard Brexiteers are not interested in Parliamentary Democracy. Always a nebulous "People's Democracy". Their commitment is to Nationalism. If that is an echo of the past, it doesn't bother some of them. Bear that in mind when engaging in certain quarters.

32 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Hard Brexiteers are not interested in Parliamentary Democracy. Always a nebulous "People's Democracy". Their commitment is to Nationalism. If that is an echo of the past, it doesn't bother some of them. Bear that in mind when engaging in certain quarters.

You seem to know now a lot more about Brexiteers than most Brexiteers.

Perhaps you should stick to commenting on your own sort.

Archived