PM Johnson denies lying to Queen Elizabeth over the suspension of parliament

snoop1130

57 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

You seem to know now a lot more about Brexiteers than most Brexiteers.

Perhaps you should stick to commenting on your own sort.

Brexiteers have been commenting on Remainers,  (And visa versa),  their attitudes and perceived motivation etc, for 100s of posts over 3 years. It seems very odd indeed to pick out this one post for criticism, of something that happens here all the time, or did he touch a nerve I wonder.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only the metropolitan chattering Remainer classes had to be told which way to vote by campaigning. The rest of us knew already.

The idea of divorce deal prior to a trade deal was not mentioned because it was a new Remainer trick after they lost the referendum.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect
Just more wittering distraction from the main issue that no-deal not part of the referendum decision.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No, it all seems quite accurate really.
Remainers usually claim to know all about Leavers motivations; logic processes; educational achievements; social attitudes; economic backgrounds and psychic powers. Remainers know sweet fanny adams but that doesn’t stop them. Why else would they be Remainers?

17 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No, it all seems quite accurate really.
Remainers usually claim to know all about Leavers motivations; logic processes; educational achievements; social attitudes; economic backgrounds and psychic powers. Remainers know sweet fanny adams but that doesn’t stop them. Why else would they be Remainers?

Those damned Remainers and their generalizations!

13 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Which did not vote for no-deal but hey, don't let that disturb the witterings.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They were not asked to vote on government's negotiation stuff were they...?...

Well were they...Yes or No...?

Sunbeam, you are going to wear out that wooden spoon with the same ol' stirring replies.....Sooooooo tiresome....

22 minutes ago, transam said:

They were not asked to vote on government's negotiation stuff were they...?...

Well were they...Yes or No...?

Sunbeam, you are going to wear out that wooden spoon with the same ol' stirring replies.....Sooooooo tiresome....

Of course they were asked to vote on the outcome of the government's negotiations.

Many people formed their choice on the ballot paper after listening to both remain and leave campaigns.

The leave campaigns made many promises at to what the final exit plan would look like. None have come to fruition.

The remain campaign gave warnings about what the outcome of negotiations might look like. All repeatedly and vehmently dismissed as "project fear by the leave campaign.

We can now sit here and judge which of the campaigns predictions came to fruition.

Did we achieve a deal that would be of net benefit to the UK? Will the forthcoming trade negotiations be the easiest ever?

Or are we left between a choice of BRINO or a no deal Brexit? If, as looks the most likely, we leave with no deal, will we be trading on WTO rules and trade deals comparable to the ones we have now take several years to negotiate, if ever.

From where I'm sat those that fell for the leave campaign's BS should be feeling very misled and wanting a second referendum. Wheras those that listened to the remain campaign realise that rather than project fear it was project reality and they too demand a second referendum.

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Of course they were asked to vote on the outcome of the government's negotiations.

Many people formed their choice on the ballot paper after listening to both remain and leave campaigns.

The leave campaigns made many promises at to what the final exit plan would look like. None have come to fruition.

The remain campaign gave warnings about what the outcome of negotiations might look like. All repeatedly and vehmently dismissed as "project fear by the leave campaign.

We can now sit here and judge which of the campaigns predictions came to fruition.

Did we achieve a deal that would be of net benefit to the UK? Will the forthcoming trade negotiations be the easiest ever?

Or are we left between a choice of BRINO or a no deal Brexit? If, as looks the most likely, we leave with no deal, will we be trading on WTO rules and trade deals comparable to the ones we have now take several years to negotiate, if ever.

From where I'm sat those that fell for the leave campaign's BS should be feeling very misled and wanting a second referendum. Wheras those that listened to the remain campaign realise that rather than project fear it was project reality and they too demand a second referendum.

You obviously do not understand my question or are dodging it....:ermm:

Now scroll up and read it again, you only have to pick one of the two options, which are, yes or no...?

Of course on the rear of the ballot paper I may have missed details, which I am sure you can provide if I did...

Just now, transam said:

You obviously do not understand my question or are dodging it....:ermm:

Now scroll up and read it again, you only have to pick one of the two options, which are, yes or no...?

Of course on the rear of the ballot paper I may have missed details, which I am sure you can provide if I did...

Read the first line of my reply. The answer is "yes". I then went on to qualify my answer. I'm sorry if words of more than one syllable confuse you.

Q: "They were not asked to vote on government's negotiation stuff were they...?...

Well were they...Yes or No...?"

A: "Of course they were asked to vote on the outcome of the government's negotiations."

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Read the first line of my reply. The answer is "yes". I then went on to qualify my answer. I'm sorry if words of more than one syllable confuse you.

Q: "They were not asked to vote on government's negotiation stuff were they...?...

Well were they...Yes or No...?"

A: "Of course they were asked to vote on the outcome of the government's negotiations."

Total rubbish, voters were asked a very simple question with no if's or but's, which they did..

You have already told me that UK folk that do NOT understand UK political law are daft (words to that effect)....Now you think your daft folk should understand about deals, which I think is daft.

Now back to what the voters were asked, leave or stay...They said leave.

In my opinion they voted leave to stop the encroachment of laws etc from across the channel, could be it was the low life invasion, folk working for peanuts taking jobs or plain ol' do not want to become a German state...

Now those who want to remain are obviously happy with their lot, things are going their way and do not want that to change. Bet UK folk living/retired in the EU, all bar a few, voted to remain.....????

12 minutes ago, transam said:

In my opinion they voted leave to stop the encroachment of laws etc from across the channel, could be it was the low life invasion, folk working for peanuts taking jobs or plain ol' do not want to become a German state...

Now those who want to remain are obviously happy with their lot, things are going their way and do not want that to change. Bet UK folk living/retired in the EU, all bar a few, voted to remain.....

Most, if not all elections are won or lost by "floating voters". With a 52% 48% majority, this was undoubtedly the case with the referendum. Also, there was no previous loyalty to a party as in GEs. The floating voter was key. Clearly, you are not a floating voter, if the inevitable outcome of leaving the EU was to reduce the UK to a third world country, the breakup of the UK and the resumption of the troubles in NI, you would have still voted leave.

However floating voters listen to the arguments of the various sides and make their choice after due consideration.

My argument is that those floating voters were royally conned by Dominic Cummings, the 60+ million targetted facebook messages (carefully targetted at floating voters) and Boris and Farage's outright lies. the biggest lie of all being the ficticious "Project Fear".

Your opinions are irrelevant. You aren't a floating voter.

25 minutes ago, transam said:

Now back to what the voters were asked, leave or stay...They said leave.

You need a little more imagination.

Please vote on the outcome of future government negotiations.

Note: You might need to consult your crystal ball.

teabags.jpg.9bcc998ab167583b7ea3a92a429ccc8c.jpg

58 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Most, if not all elections are won or lost by "floating voters". With a 52% 48% majority, this was undoubtedly the case with the referendum. Also, there was no previous loyalty to a party as in GEs. The floating voter was key. Clearly, you are not a floating voter, if the inevitable outcome of leaving the EU was to reduce the UK to a third world country, the breakup of the UK and the resumption of the troubles in NI, you would have still voted leave.

However floating voters listen to the arguments of the various sides and make their choice after due consideration.

My argument is that those floating voters were royally conned by Dominic Cummings, the 60+ million targetted facebook messages (carefully targetted at floating voters) and Boris and Farage's outright lies. the biggest lie of all being the ficticious "Project Fear".

Your opinions are irrelevant. You aren't a floating voter.

Oh well, no answer, just more waffle....:coffee1:

2 hours ago, transam said:

Oh well, no answer, just more waffle....:coffee1:

I answered you in full. Is "waffle" your short version of "project fear"? Just because you have no game doesn't entitle you to dismiss the truth as "project fear" or "waffle". Oh well, I should have expected no more from a Brexiteer.

21 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I answered you in full. Is "waffle" your short version of "project fear"? Just because you have no game doesn't entitle you to dismiss the truth as "project fear" or "waffle". Oh well, I should have expected no more from a Brexiteer.

You have made a zillion posts regarding this subject, now most to me are daft, but that's OK, but you made one big mistake in my opinion which turned all your stuff upside down....

I cannot post the exact word's cos I don't want to search, but you said the UK voters were ignorant if they didn't know UK law before voting...

Now, that is so daft it sums up your mindset.

Are you next going to say MP's, brain surgeons or mathematicians would never vote leave even if they did know the law ..?

I also think that statement was looking down on ordinary folk, you forget those ordinary folk are part of the cross section of the UK public, for which I am one.

If you think remainers are more your social cup of tea and all know UK law then you are very mistaken, ask MP's as they leave law makers offices.......

The only good thing in your favour is that you actually are British (so you say), when many of the stirrers here are not, which is rather tiresome as I cannot ask where they come for an apt reply.........Oh, and "newbies"...????

Just now, transam said:

but you said the UK voters were ignorant if they didn't know UK law before voting...

That wasn't me, it was another poster. Get searching!

I am ordinary folk. Born in a council house, went to a secondary modern, left school at 16 because my parents couldn't afford to support me through my A levels, university etc. Ordinary enough for you?

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I am ordinary folk. Born in a council house, went to a secondary modern, left school at 16 because my parents couldn't afford to support me through my A levels, university etc. Ordinary enough for you?

So you're telling me my predictions based on your posts were entirely accurate? Fancy that.

5 minutes ago, Forethat said:

So you're telling me my predictions based on your posts were entirely accurate? Fancy that.

Sorry, you've lost me. What predictions would they be? You must remember that I and others don't take much notice of your posts so can hardly be expected to remember them.

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Sorry, you've lost me. What predictions would they be? You must remember that I and others don't take much notice of your posts so can hardly be expected to remember them.

Yes, those put on the back foot will do that sort of thing..

PS. Are you the others too...?  :stoner:

25 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm probably speaking for the whole world here when I say that for once I wish you were right.

6 hours ago, transam said:

<snip>

What are you burbling on about?

All that was on the rear of the ballot paper was it's serial number!

Any details of what each option meant would be deemed campaign material and thus banned from anywhere in the polling station.

That is the law.

As said many times, the Leave campaign never mentioned the possibility of a no deal Brexit during the campaign and any mention of it by Remain was dismissed as the so called project fear by Leave.

Those whose vote was influenced by Leave therefore were not voting for a no deal Brexit, they were voting for the promises made to them by the Leave campaign; which included us still being able to trade with the EU and the rest of the world on the same terms as before; no mention by Leave of joining Mauritania by reverting to WTO terms alone!

What Vote Leave leaders really said about no-deal Brexit

As the country heads towards the 31 October deadline, the Guardian has analysed the previous stated positions of some of the key players in the Vote Leave camp.

Most, including Boris Johnson, focused on the ease with which the UK would get a free trade deal

We can’t find evidence that Dominic Raab warned of no-deal Brexit

FactCheck has searched the Vote Leave website, Mr Raab’s personal site, various BBC web pages, online newspaper archives, YouTube and elsewhere.

We’ve listened to as many clips as we can find of interviews given by Mr Raab and Mr Gove between February 2016, when the EU referendum campaign unofficially began, and the vote on 23 June 2016.

We can’t find an interview where Mr Raab warned explicitly about the possibility of a no-deal Brexit during the referendum campaign.

The closest thing we can find are two references to the possibility of the EU refusing to agree trading terms with Britain out of spite – but in both cases Mr Raab was at pains to point out that he did not think this was a realistic outcome of negotiations.

2 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Be fair, some Brexiteers are capable of engaging in reasoned, intelligent debate.

Only some, not all, though.

It has to be said that there are Remainers like that, as well.

8 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Is she not competent enough to realize she is being lied to anyway?

Sure.

But what choices did she have?

1/ accept being lied to, and not comment on it

2/ do something unprecedented in history and refuse the request of a UK PM, and alienate roughly 50% of the population

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

You’re not on the sidelines mate, you’re not even on the same pitch.

If you simply press quote in stead of selecting text the original poster would get a message saying he has been quoted (with standard settings i.e.), so he would know he is getting insulted.

Archived