TM30 News? Possibly karma for some of the TV trolls

A person working for BBC and ex-AP just shared what seems to be a new development for TM30 reporting

If true it would mean everyone except people who are on retirement visa or married are going to be excluded from TM30

Would be nice little karma for the resident trolls "you should get the correct visa" - when the correct visa doesn't exist unless one is old or married cashier teerak 

https://twitter.com/8td/status/1172120499133927424

EEQ1YLHUUAAJbFK.jpg:large

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Would be nice little karma for the resident trolls "you should get the correct visa" - when the correct visa doesn't exist unless one is old or married cashier teerak 

In other words, give me a visa, or else. The fact that you cannot get a visa, because you do not meet the requirements, simply means you are not welcome. What part of that is difficult to understand? Thailand is not required to admit anyone who wishes to be here. Witness those who were on retirement visas and forced out by the recent changes.

23 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

If you want to see countless mean spirited posts just go ahead and ready threads such this one (and many others on daily basis)

In this post, on the first two pages, yes, there were a few less-than-polite responses essentially saying "get the right visa". However, there were more responses offering good advice.

The bottom line is that Thailand, like many countries around the world, is tightening their enforcement of visa rules, and even modifying requirements, to accomplish their government's objectives. They have every right. Just look at the difficulty a Thai person has in getting even a tourist visa to the US. I sympathize with anyone who wishes to live here (I am one, and I am very happy to have the option), but one needs to meet the requirements or look elsewhere. It is called "reality".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What a sick mean spirited post. Most expats want this TM30 headache removed for ALL. 

Agreed. And I believe, given the other news today, that TI will declare the TM30 unnecessary for anyone who is filing the 90 day report. It is a face saving backtrack, as they can declare that the 90 day report fulfills their objectives for national security.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, please do not post nonsense in future. You have started crazy thread based upon zip. Most will put it down to inexperience.

Have a beer, chill out with poor advice.

You chill

It was posted by BBC employee Thanyarat Doksone on Twitter - I tried to include the link but somehow it got deleted

• Sad 2