Pirated goods: DPM and the pretties steamroll 550 million baht's worth!

webfact

Pirated goods: DPM and the pretties steamroll 550 million baht's worth!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Commerce minister and deputy prime minister Jurin Laksanavisit was guest of honor at a big event to show that Thailand cares about stamping out pirated goods. 

He was pictured atop a steamroller along with some Thai actresses going over more than ten million items worth 550 million baht if they were real products. 

Jurin said it was all part of ongoing efforts to stamp out pirate goods from Thailand and increase confidence from people like investors. 

Embassy personnel were among those invited to the show at an artillery air field in Don Muang northern Bangkok on Thursday morning. 

Naew Na said that 10,620,825 items were pulverized in the event designed to exhibit Thailand's transparency in their actions to stop piracy. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-09-13

Before this rather pathetic show of look at me doing a good job,several large van loads vanished.

No wonder the pretties were looking happy.

Notice the roller driver has his face covered, thats so his wife/ mia noi think that the presents they just received were genuine.:cheesy:

As when they see the photo, he will say not me darling.

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Naew Na said that 10,620,825 items were pulverized in the event designed to exhibit Thailand's transparency in their actions to stop piracy.

…...and we'll do it again next year, same time, same place!

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Before this rather pathetic show of look at me doing a good job,several large van loads vanished.

No wonder the pretties were looking happy.

Notice the roller driver has his face covered, thats so his wife/ mia noi think that the presents they just received were genuine.:cheesy:

As when they see the photo, he will say not me darling.

And when they opened the presents:

What's this?

Oh it's a new flatpack from Ikea.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Commerce minister and deputy prime minister Jurin Laksanavisit was guest of honor at a big event to show that Thailand cares about stamping out pirated goods. 

He was pictured atop a steamroller along with some Thai actresses going over more than ten million items worth 550 million baht if they were real products. 

This is just the tip of a huge iceberg, many other sellers of copied objects continue to sell undisturbed, where will they buy the security they need?

Nice to see that even a minister of Jurin's caliber likes to be seen with superstars!

destroying goods is just a show, how about stopping it at MBK the Fashion Mall the railway market, dawana market etc etc !
All talk and photo shoots yet pirate business and corruption carries on as usual .

Biggest fake is current PM, he needs steam rolling ...

8 hours ago, webfact said:

items worth 550 million baht if they were real products. 

worth?

Maybe the retail price would be 550 million but I doubt the original products cost in production even half that money.

And the production of the fake products costs probably a lot less than 10% of that amount.

I was nearly ready to 555, then I  thought: No,  it's the right thing to do.  If your a useless politician or other public servant showing you skills in a real job can only improve your image. ????  Now I am off to find that unicorn that lives on the other side of the klong.....????

Don't get me wrong but such steam rollering took place in the 80s already, long before all those "pretties" were even born. And yes, even then Embassy personnel was invited to witness the event and, as so despicably commented then already by a Charge d'affairs, it "will continue to be a yearly event". 
Said diplomat is long retired and the "yearly event" is still being celebrated among Thai ministers and the little pretties. 

Maybe something for the Tourism Authority of Thailand to work on - the yearly repetitive "steam rollering of fake Thai consumer goods"! 

Pathetic BS all the way .................. next please ???? 

Archived