Technicolor Poop

dddave

I returned from a trip to the Philippines a few days ago and since have been spending an inordinate amount of time counting the tiles in the hong nam.  Definitely diarrhea but the color is bright green, like i dined on grass clippings.  I don't feel sick or feverish and can't think of anything unusual I ate that would cause such colorful #2. 

I'm now in the 3rd day and it seems to be easing a bit.  Should I be concerned?  

20 minutes ago, dddave said:

Definitely diarrhea but the color is bright green, like i dined on grass clippings.  I don't feel sick or feverish and can't think of anything unusual I ate that would cause such colorful #2. 

I'm now in the 3rd day and it seems to be easing a bit.  Should I be concerned?  

green color is not unusual. if it does not stop after today go to the doctor and get a stool sample for lab tests.

"Sometimes, green poop is an indication of a health issue. ... Certain infections, like those caused by the bacterium Salmonella or the parasite Giardia, can also cause green stool. But other symptoms — including severe diarrhea, abdominal cramps and fever — are common with these illnesses."

Play it safe, go see your Doc!

2 minutes ago, flyingtlger said:

"Sometimes, green poop is an indication of a health issue. ... Certain infections, like those caused by the bacterium Salmonella or the parasite Giardia, can also cause green stool. But other symptoms — including severe diarrhea, abdominal cramps and fever — are common with these illnesses."

Play it safe, go see your Doc!

yes i tested positive for Salmonella with diarrhea that lasted for months. 18 moths to get back to near normal. important to not wait after 3 days if you do not improve.

23 minutes ago, dddave said:

Should I be concerned?  

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Pictures or it didnt happen ????

Damn!! (Slaps head) I missed my chance for a unique vlog: "The Chromecast Crapper"

Anyway, thanks for the timely replies & suggestions.  Much improved and far less colorful today, pretty much back to basic boring brown.  I am taking Imodium and keeping hydrated.  Salmonella and Giardia are not fun to deal with so if there is any relapse, to the EW I go. 

Archived