TM 30: immigration didn't ask for it

Today I went to renew my Non-B work visa. The immigration officer didn't ask about the TM 30 or require me to present any proof that I'd checked in as required. Maybe I was lucky. All that work to get the owner of my condo to get me the correct papers and nobody cared. Was this the result of the announcement yesterday or a was I just lucky?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

"bkk"atl, sounds like CW Bangkok?

Hardly worth mentioning that my 8th extension in Khon Kaen (retirement, 800k) went smooth without any surprise (no TM30, no show bank book again after 3 months etc.).

Asking because Chamchuri square, one stop,  does not ask... and is one has no other business with immigration than there is no actual reason to register

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

"bkk"atl, sounds like CW Bangkok?

Hardly worth mentioning that my 8th extension in Khon Kaen (retirement, 800k) went smooth without any surprise (no TM30, no show bank book again after 3 months etc.).

Strange how it works isn't it? All this news, money spent promoting us to follow the law and when we do-- sometimes its the immigration people who don't do the "right" thing. To much time looking outward by the government and not enough time looking inward. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To bkkatl & KhunBENq > Would be good to know whether a TM30 of the location where you are currently staying has ibeen filed.

On my arrival in March 2011 I filed a TM30 at KK police(!) station.

(at the time no idea where the right place is)

Form looks much different from what immigration supplies nowadays.

In October 2011 I did a border run to Vientiane.

Uncertain about the status of TM30.

Never been asked over the years.

Multiple domestic trips with hotel stays.

No border crossing.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Just found this on the Thai Immigration homepage:

Does this mean all the TM30 and TM28 are already scrapped?

immi.jpg

It sounds like that doesn't apply to those on Non-O / B / Retirement extensions. Maybe because the hotels they stay at are supposed to do the reporting on their behalf. 

24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To bkkatl & KhunBENq > Would be good to know whether a TM30 of the location where you are currently staying has ibeen filed.

If that is the case, it's only logical that the IO does not ask about it as the IO database would reveal that.

Mine was filed about three weeks ago. So, maybe it came up in their system. But I kept hearing I needed evidence. Lease copy, house book, and the infamous TM 30 form. But they asked for none of it. 

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Just been to my local IO Kamphaeng Phet 90 day report. Asked about the TM30 and they said only needs to be done once, if I leave the country. After that no need as long as I stay in Thailand. Seems they don't want the aggro of doing it??? 

Because they know the law is insane. It seems to be that it is up to each Immigration office how they handle this. Even yesterday, the Immigration chief said the law was outtdated and unworkable. Politicians are now also into the fray, so perhaps there is momentum for change now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It sounds like that doesn't apply to those on Non-O / B / Retirement extensions. Maybe because the hotels they stay at are supposed to do the reporting on their behalf. 

Yes. But all of us are still supposed to come with proof or so we were told by our company. My visa is a work visa. 

3 hours ago, bkkatl said:

Today I went to renew my Non-B work visa. The immigration officer didn't ask about the TM 30

Same for me when I went to extend Non-O at CW this week. I am now wondering if it will be needed for the next 90 day report or being quietly forgotten Thai style?

Edited by WorriedNoodle

19 minutes ago, bkkatl said:

Mine was filed about three weeks ago. So, maybe it came up in their system. But I kept hearing I needed evidence. Lease copy, house book, and the infamous TM 30 form. But they asked for none of it. 

As long as it is recorded on database no such information has been required at CW - only if there is no report on file for you being at the location you have on the paperwork being submitted are other things required (in order to make a current TM30 report).

As said a receipt should be attached to passport (and then they do not have to check computers).  

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It DOES apply to Non-B because it says "Business" 

I think they are making it clear that the foreigner is not meant to report to immigration when they stay in a hotel overnight, which they should never have had to do in the first place.

The whole idea behind the TM30 is the property owner reports the foreigners staying at their property.  Tenants should NEVER have started reporting themselves.

28 minutes ago, bkkatl said:

Yes, it's logical that they do not ask about it.

You indicate that you (or the owner of the place where you are staying) filed a TM30.  In order to be able to do that you or the owner must have registered beforehand, and that requires providing a copy of the housebook (and the owner's ID-card). 

So all these data (copy housebook / ID-card of owner / list of TM30s submitted) will be in the IO's database. 

When you apply for your extension of stay, normally the IO will check in the database whether you comply with TM30 regulations.  And if that's the case, they will not ask you about TM30 or housebook.

Note: There are reports of TVF-members that got their extension of stay without having a TM30 filed, but looks like that is the exception rather than the rule.

I renewed my work permit and visa on Tuesday. I have never done a TM30 and it was never mentioned. My colleague who renewed at the same time as me had never even heard of the TM30 and flew back into the country last week after a business trip and was also not asked about it.

This was at one stop Chamchuri Square.

This is currently on their homepage.

image.png.54d193a5a591d0357bc1d5e3b6967d08.png

49 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Same for me when I went to extend Non-O at CW this week. I am now wondering if it will be needed for the next 90 day report or being quietly forgotten Thai style?

TM30 compliance is NOT checked when doing your 90 day report.

Normally it is checked when you apply for an extension of stay. 

Note: There are reports of TVF-members that were not compliant with TM30 but had their extension of stay granted.  However, that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. 

Edited by Peter Denis

12 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

TM30 compliance is NOT checked when doing your 90 day report.

Normally it is checked when you apply for an extension of stay. 

Note: There are reports of TVF-members that were not compliant with TM30 but had their extension of stay granted.  However, that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. 

"However, that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. "

I am one of them , 28 aug. new ret.ext. no tm 30 never had a slip , nothing asked as all years before , and also not 3 months ago for my second 5 year D.L.

this at 8  years same address , and also no need when I came  back Thailand if same address , this confirmed by them at jomtien I.O. 

Sorry I am confused about the T30  I am coming to stay in Thailand for a few months with my girlfriend who owns her house.  On my non O/A retirement visa I had to give the address where I would be staying.   Do I or she have to do anything else ie: complete the dreaded T30 or is this only if I change address briefly?

21 minutes ago, Alsyapal said:

Sorry I am confused about the T30  I am coming to stay in Thailand for a few months with my girlfriend who owns her house.  On my non O/A retirement visa I had to give the address where I would be staying.   Do I or she have to do anything else ie: complete the dreaded T30 or is this only if I change address briefly?

When you enter Thailand you have to fill in a small form (normally handed out during the inbound flight), called TM6. On that form you have to fill in the address where you will be residing in Thailand.  In your case that would be the house of your girlfriend.

If you do it according to the book, the easiest way to proceed is that your girlfriend registers her house on the IO TM30 website.

Apart from the logical data like exact address location and owner of the house, a scan of house-book and scan of ID-card owner need to be provided too.

When data are complete and correct, the application will be approved and you will receive a username:password that allows you to do the TM30 online.  The whole process from applying till receipt of u:p can take several weeks, but lately there are reports that it has been sped up considerably.

When you arrive in your girlfriend's house, you can then file a TM30 online.

And you need to do that every time after you made a trip to another province that lasted longer than 24 hours.

This sounds worse than it is in reality, because once you filed your first TM30, it's only a matter of minutes to update the status when having done a trip.

HOWEVER, in case you dread the administration around the whole TM30 reporting, please note that TM30 compliance will ONLY be checked if you visit your provincial IO for an extension of stay.  And it will NOT be checked when you do your 90day reports.  In your case that would mean TM30 only becomes relevant 1 year from now.  So if you ensure that your TM30 is filed with the location that your are staying, when you visit your provincial IO for extension of stay next year, then your extension of stay will be approved.

It is possible - but not likely - that they would fine you for not having done intermediate TM30s

Edited by Peter Denis

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

As far as I'm concerned they have no business asking any foreigner about a TM30 from anybody who rents.

Check the regulations.  YOU are responsible to see that ALL your paperwork is in order.  YES, the landlord, owner, Thai wife or GF you live with is supposed to do..But YOU pay the fine, and there is a ding on YOUR record.  Do a 90 day? File the TM-30 the same day.

Edited by edwardflory