Jump to content
BANGKOK
bkkatl

TM 30: immigration didn't ask for it

Recommended Posts

Today I went to renew my Non-B work visa. The immigration officer didn't ask about the TM 30 or require me to present any proof that I'd checked in as required. Maybe I was lucky. All that work to get the owner of my condo to get me the correct papers and nobody cared. Was this the result of the announcement yesterday or a was I just lucky?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

"bkk"atl, sounds like CW Bangkok?

 

Hardly worth mentioning that my 8th extension in Khon Kaen (retirement, 800k) went smooth without any surprise (no TM30, no show bank book again after 3 months etc.).

Asking because Chamchuri square, one stop,  does not ask... and is one has no other business with immigration than there is no actual reason to register

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

"bkk"atl, sounds like CW Bangkok?

 

Hardly worth mentioning that my 8th extension in Khon Kaen (retirement, 800k) went smooth without any surprise (no TM30, no show bank book again after 3 months etc.).

Strange how it works isn't it? All this news, money spent promoting us to follow the law and when we do-- sometimes its the immigration people who don't do the "right" thing. To much time looking outward by the government and not enough time looking inward. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To bkkatl & KhunBENq > Would be good to know whether a TM30 of the location where you are currently staying has ibeen filed.

If that is the case, it's only logical that the IO does not ask about it as the IO database would reveal that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To bkkatl & KhunBENq > Would be good to know whether a TM30 of the location where you are currently staying has ibeen filed.

On my arrival in March 2011 I filed a TM30 at KK police(!) station.

(at the time no idea where the right place is)

Form looks much different from what immigration supplies nowadays.

In October 2011 I did a border run to Vientiane.

Uncertain about the status of TM30.

Never been asked over the years.

Multiple domestic trips with hotel stays.

No border crossing.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found this on the Thai Immigration homepage:


Does this mean all the TM30 and TM28 are already scrapped?

immi.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been to my local IO Kamphaeng Phet 90 day report. Asked about the TM30 and they said only needs to be done once, if I leave the country. After that no need as long as I stay in Thailand. Seems they don't want the aggro of doing it??? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rastaputin said:

Just found this on the Thai Immigration homepage:


Does this mean all the TM30 and TM28 are already scrapped?

immi.jpg

It sounds like that doesn't apply to those on Non-O / B / Retirement extensions. Maybe because the hotels they stay at are supposed to do the reporting on their behalf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To bkkatl & KhunBENq > Would be good to know whether a TM30 of the location where you are currently staying has ibeen filed.

If that is the case, it's only logical that the IO does not ask about it as the IO database would reveal that.

Mine was filed about three weeks ago. So, maybe it came up in their system. But I kept hearing I needed evidence. Lease copy, house book, and the infamous TM 30 form. But they asked for none of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Just been to my local IO Kamphaeng Phet 90 day report. Asked about the TM30 and they said only needs to be done once, if I leave the country. After that no need as long as I stay in Thailand. Seems they don't want the aggro of doing it??? 

Because they know the law is insane. It seems to be that it is up to each Immigration office how they handle this. Even yesterday, the Immigration chief said the law was outtdated and unworkable. Politicians are now also into the fray, so perhaps there is momentum for change now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It sounds like that doesn't apply to those on Non-O / B / Retirement extensions. Maybe because the hotels they stay at are supposed to do the reporting on their behalf. 

Yes. But all of us are still supposed to come with proof or so we were told by our company. My visa is a work visa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...