Frenchman caused Thai woman to fall off Pattaya balcony causing life changing injuries, then he fled abroad

webfact

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, timendres said:

I also sympathize. Her life will be exceptionally difficult going forward.

Given the severity of her medical crisis, I suspect that it was many days before she could even get her thoughts together, let alone take any preemptive action. Likewise for the family dealing with her situation. If the husband was quick about getting out of the country, there was little chance they were going to be able to stop him. Especially if the police were already convinced there was no foul play.

This is poor police work. The husband should not have been allowed out of the country until the "accident" was fully investigated and the girl's version of what happened recorded.

The police are not normally wrong when they say no foul play play. She jumped or slipped. Im sorry for the lady but lets move on. 

6 minutes ago, helloagain said:

The police are not normally wrong when they say no foul play play. She jumped or slipped. Im sorry for the lady but lets move on. 

This is not how it works. The victim says something completely different. I don't know who is guilty. But how does the police know this for sure? 

25 minutes ago, Crusader said:

As mentioned by a few...circumstances not clear - but - an innocent man would not flee the country...would he?

Maybe in a country where the rule of law  was  actually  fair  a s opposed to the baht decides  guilt  or  innocence.

11 minutes ago, helloagain said:

Every time a foreigner goes over a balcony and the police state suicide, the howls

of disbelief here are deafening.

Sorry if I missed any sarcasm in your post.

32 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes Yinn , Thailand should stop employing Westerners to do the translating , because they often get the translation wrong and they should get Thais to do the translating instead

Do they do the  immigration forms  as  well?

4 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

The police didn't help her over the rail, the French boyfriend did. 

She alleged that he had used his connections and influence with the Pattaya police to escape prosecution in the matter.

ergo they are complicit.

Unfortunate situation if course. Yet it seems there is far more concern and media coverage when the victim us a Thai national.There have been numerous expats fall to their deaths from Pattaya over recent years yet there never seems to be any real investigations into these incidents.The authorities usually saying they are all accidents or suicides Never any suspicious  circumstance seems never to be I question when an expat hurtles

from a high rise balcony

34 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

If my wife went off a balcony here in Thailand the last thing I would do would be to run for I was brought up better than that. In this case though, with his history of domestic abuse, I guess he wanted to get away with murder - though it didn't work out too well for him for she was too tough. I hope they drag his woman beating ass back here and put him away for life. Scum like this sullies the rep of every expat here in Thailand's eyes and with human trash like this no wonder some don't want us here.

What history of domestic abuse? Is there something wrong with you? You accept hearsay from someone who has an inherent bias and then treat it as gospel? Then use that as a stick to beat someone? That is sick.

29 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

The person translating whether Thai or foreigner simply was embellishing the headline. I agree that a Thai translator could be better, but an honest translation would be even better.  Even "google translate" would be better. 

<snip>

Im not sure  a  Thai translator would make much difference as then you could easily get the wrong English, what you need is  both English and  Thai translator........s

3 minutes ago, foxzami said:

There have been numerous expats fall to their deaths from Pattaya over recent years yet there never seems to be any real investigations into these incidents.The authorities usually saying they are all accidents or suicides 

One of the main differences is that the lady is not dead and can talk. Many dead foreigners refused to answer police questions. 

37 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

history of physical spousal abuse is a huge red flag..

What history? Please show me a police report or any documented evidence.

The likelihood of domestic abuse on his side is probably zero. Weapons? The only person who would need any kind of weapon in a fight is she.

The story is totally unbelievable. Yet, as usual, there are so many willing to spit their bile, that they show no interest in the truth whatsoever.

Husband? Another likely story...

Influential and living in Art On The Hill? Again, unlikely.

Are there any neighbours who corroborate her story of shouting for help? 

Too many foreigners looking to throw each other under the bus in order to make themselves look good.

The fact that he did a runner influences me to believe he caused the fall.

If it was an accident wouldn't any normal husband be calling for medical help and prepared to help his wife in any way.  You would expect he'd be filled with grief.

But no he flees the scene, in fact he flees the country, safe in the knowledge that he's not going to face charges nor contribute to her medical and future financial needs. IMO scum.

Anyone will experience of going out with a girl working in Pattaya, would know the more likely scenario is that he would want to get her out of the apartment, rather than locking her in.

Especially if he suspected her of going to the room of another man.

Locking her in and brandishing a knife? 

What kind of idiot would take her story at face value?

This is a new low for the members of TV.

37 minutes ago, JamJar said:

What history of domestic abuse? Is there something wrong with you? You accept hearsay from someone who has an inherent bias and then treat it as gospel? Then use that as a stick to beat someone? That is sick.

no, what is sick is throwing your wife off a balcony then running like the scum bucket he is..

2 minutes ago, johnnycthedog said:

The fact that he did a runner influences me to believe he caused the fall.

If it was an accident wouldn't any normal husband be calling for medical help and prepared to help his wife in any way.  You would expect he'd be filled with grief.

But no he flees the scene, in fact he flees the country, safe in the knowledge that he's not going to face charges nor contribute to her medical and future financial needs. IMO scum.

Sorry, but you are just writing nonsense. You too would get out of Dodge as fast as your little legs would take you.

Filled with grief? For someone he suspected of cheating? 

You are just making assumptions of a happily married couple. 

Basing your assumptions on a poorly translated article on the word of someone who has an inherent bias. An incredible story, but yet you choose to swallow it hook, line and sinker.

No wonder the girls can take advantage of you so easily.

He got out of Dodge, precisely because it is Dodge. If it were a place where he would receive a fair trial based on the evidence and was safe from reprisals from a bitter family, he might have stayed put and taken his chances.

I simply do not believe he had a knife. I do not believe that he used the knife to force her on to the balcony. 

I do not believe that if the police believed that he pushed her or was violent towards her, that they would let him go.

You are just too willing to suspend your belief in the more likely possibilities, in order to believe the most crazy scenarios of how she got on to the balcony and claims to have locked it from the outside.

But he barged on to the balcony causing her to fall?? Sounds like he wanted her out of his apartment and she refused.

Would you sleep in the same bed as someone who you believe had just cheated on you?

Yours are just empty words. In reality, if the same thing happened to you, you would be seriously considering your options.

If he had influence, why would he need to leave?

Really time for some to put their brains into active mode..

If

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

no, what is sick is throwing your wife off a balcony then running like the scum bucket he is..

Amazing CC.... no chance any any kind of intelligent debate possible. I'll let the ignore function take the strain.

20 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Anyone will experience of going out with a girl working in Pattaya, would know the more likely scenario is that he would want to get her out of the apartment, rather than locking her in.

Especially if he suspected her of going to the room of another man.

Locking her in and brandishing a knife? 

What kind of idiot would take her story at face value?

This is a new low for the members of TV.

what kind of idiot that would believe her? people that are aware that domestic violence here and worldwide is epidemic, the ones that don't are usually the kind that partake in these horrendous acts..

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Sorry, but you are just writing nonsense. You too would get out of Dodge as fast as your little legs would take you.

Filled with grief? For someone he suspected of cheating? 

You are just making assumptions of a happily married couple. 

Basing your assumptions on a poorly translated article on the word of someone who has an inherent bias. An incredible story, but yet you choose to swallow it hook, line and sinker.

No wonder the girls can take advantage of you so easily.

He got out of Dodge, precisely because it is Dodge. If it were a place where he would receive a fair trial based on the evidence and was safe from reprisals from a bitter family, he might have stayed put and taken his chances.

I simply do not believe he had a knife. I do not believe that he used the knife to force her on to the balcony. 

I do not believe that if the police believed that he pushed her or was violent towards her, that they would let him go.

You are just too willing to suspend your belief in the more likely possibilities, in order to believe the most crazy scenarios of how she got on to the balcony and claims to have locked it from the outside.

But he barged on to the balcony causing her to fall?? Sounds like he wanted her out of his apartment and she refused.

Would you sleep in the same bed as someone who you believe had just cheated on you?

Yours are just empty words. In reality, if the same thing happened to you, you would be seriously considering your options.

If he had influence, why would he need to leave?

Really time for some to put their brains into active mode..

If

Having read of some of the old "how can i get rid of a Thai girlfriend"  threads where they refuse to leave etc I can understand how problems  can arise.

Archived